Information on romance scams and scammers.
#330677 by Faqscammers Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:47 pm
Same thing happened to me back in March. They were bothering me for few weeks, but i ignored them and they stopped. More than 3 months later (today) i got voicemail from my local police department (I Googled number, it checked out) from investigation unit (no name of the officer) saying to contact father (new number, North Carolina area code) and resolve situation, because he's about to turn on his daughter's phone to them and file police report. How long do they usually follow up before they give up? Anybody had the same experience?
Advertisement

#330679 by Bryon Williams Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:52 pm
The phone number was spoofed.

Yes, a lot of people have reported fake calls from the police days, weeks months later.

Change your phone number.

Real police do not tell you to call the father.

Real police will knock on your door for an interview or serve an warrant.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#330704 by Terminator5 Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:28 am
c1964 wrote:

I think I had the same. From Craig'slist. Sandy answered my ad with a non nude pic. She didn't really follow the instructions in my ad so I was initially suspicious. She asked for a pic. I cited discretion and said no. She said "D*ck pic?" ! I gave her one since it didn't reveal identity. Don't hear for a while so I asked her to text me (giving google voice number) if she was real.

I get this- "My name is John, my wife found your emails, dirty pics, on my 14yo daughters phone, we need to talk soon, or its going to the police(prosecutor) in the morning.btw, im sandys dad."

The number is 513-267-6882. Ohio.

Vaman_20121 wrote:

I just got hit with that same exact scam - same phone number, same MO except in my case it was "John's" 14 year old son supposedly. This stemmed from one of my craigslist personals ads in NJ for "men seeking men" or a "casual encounters m4m".

That is your 1000% confirmation its a Scam . Don't pay these Cockroaches anything . Report It

Daniel 8 :25
#330765 by rothana Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:30 pm
Similar to everyone else same thing went down. Met a girl on POF, we texted, asked for a pic of my face (i sent an old photo) then she sent one of her face. Then nudes, and why played on my phone like a GIF of her doing a sexual act. Asked to see a pic of me (nude) I (under the impression and a little buzzed) send a pic back. But not nude, and just of my sleep pants, waist down. I felt iffy cause of the sudden request so I sent that. The next day her "dad" sends me a text and says a script like the others how we have a problem. he said sir a lot.

Says damages need to be paid for, $1200.

I ended up sending over $500

Her number was a SC number, and the first number he contacted me from was +1(803)605-1551 (later found this with someone random commenting saying the number was used for the same thing. https://www.shouldianswer.com/phone-number/8036051551)

He switched numbers and now contacts me from (843)226-1189. The only thing I dunno about is he took payment via paypal. He said his name was Mr. Eason but the email i sent money to was [email protected] and the name with that email is Michael Pearson.

My phone crashed and i lost all of the old texts sadly.

Should I say I can't do the paypal and see if he brings up Moneygram, Western Union?
#330860 by Bmbullock Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:51 pm
Terminator5 wrote:Thanks for posting . Be sure to make a report on the IC3 website .

I'd like to see if I'm getting scammed, met a girl on Militarycupid, profile says she's 18 from Santa Clara I live elsewhere she text me last night some elicit photos I asked her how old she was she said 18 and I stupidly sent some of myself now I have a guy calling me from the same number tell me I need to email him an apology letter for his wife and is asking me to get a greendot MnyPak to pay for a computer and phone he himself is claiming to be getting rid of, he has threatened to call the cops even after I explained that she told me she was 18... what is your opinion on this?
#330861 by Bryon Williams Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:55 pm
It is a scam.

What are the phone numbers used, names and user name on Militarycupid.

Also post a link to the fake profile.

Report it to IC3.

Read page 1 the first post and follow the advice given.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#330862 by Bmbullock Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:00 pm
Bryon Williams wrote:It is a scam.

What are the phone numbers used, names and user name on Militarycupid.

Also post a link to the fake profile.

Report it to IC3.

Read page 1 the first post and follow the advice given.

The number he's been contacting me on is 980-287-5171, guy sounds like a backwoods hick but daughter is Philipino or Latina? He gave me an email too, [email protected]
#330863 by Bryon Williams Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:07 pm
^^^^ Names of the fake girl and father.
User name of site you found the fake on.

Post a link to the fake profile.

#330864 by Bmbullock Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:10 pm
Bryon Williams wrote:^^^^ Names of the fake girl and father.
User name of site you found the fake on.

Post a link to the fake profile.

Girls name is Ashley, her profile is named Alonia, has one picture of her, here is link https://www.militarycupid.com/en/profil ... ID/1718776 father didn't give a name if he did I was too busy freaking out
#330866 by AlanJones Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:14 pm
Alonia (18)
Female / Single / ID: 1718776
Santa Clara, California, United States
Seeking: Male 18 - 25 living within 250 kms of Santa Clara, California, United States
For: Friendship, Romance / Dating, Marriage

Image to follow

T&C from MilitaryCupid.com
2.1 Eligibility
You must be over 18 years of age to register as a member of the Service or to use this Website. By using the Website, you represent, undertake and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to comply with all of the Terms of Use.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#330867 by AlanJones Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:17 pm

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#330868 by Bryon Williams Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:24 pm
https://www.militarycupid.com/en/general/termsofuse
2.1 Eligibility

You must be over 18 years of age to register as a member of the Service or to use this Website. By using the Website, you represent, undertake and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to comply with all of the Terms of Use

Alonia (18)

Female / Single / ID: 1718776
Santa Clara, California, United States
Seeking: Male 18 - 25 living within 250 kms of Santa Clara, California, United States
For: Friendship, Romance / Dating, Marriage
Quick View
Education: High School
Have children: No
Drink: Occasionally drink
Smoke: Don't smoke
Religion: Christian

The quickest way to get a response is if you leAve your number in my inbox!

Lives in: Santa Clara, California, United States within 250 kms of Santa Clara, California, United States
Relocate: Willing to relocate within my country Any