Information on romance scams and scammers.
#325958 by c1964 Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:48 pm
I think I had the same. From Craig'slist. Sandy answered my ad with a non nude pic. She didn't really follow the instructions in my ad so I was initially suspicious. She asked for a pic. I cited discretion and said no. She said "D*ck pic?" ! I gave her one since it didn't reveal identity. Don't hear for a while so I asked her to text me (giving google voice number) if she was real.

I get this- "My name is John, my wife found your emails, dirty pics, on my 14yo daughters phone, we need to talk soon, or its going to the police(prosecutor) in the morning.btw, im sandys dad."

The number is 513-267-6882. Ohio.

I have since gotten 5 calls which come up unknown that I have not answered. I assume they came through google voice and are this guy.

I haven't found anything previous on this number. I did find one prior search result on "my wife found your emails, dirty pics, on my 14yo daughters phone...."

Same scam right?

Anyone know about that number?
Advertisement

#325960 by Terminator5 Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:04 pm
If they ask you to pay ANY money , Its the same scam . I strongly suspect the way this is going down , it is the same scam . If they lead you to believe you were communicating with someone over 18 and then changed this to under 18 its DEFINATELY the same scam .

The fact that the number doesn't show up is immaterial . They can change numbers and / or spoof phone numbers .

SCAM

Daniel 8 :25
#325961 by Terminator5 Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:18 pm
Right now as it stands, I give it a 90% chance of being a Scam . If they make any monetary demands, Its 100% scam . Follow the advice on page 1 of the post and report this scam on the IC3 Website .

https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

#326024 by Fordfusion82 Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:41 am
This thing has me all messed up. I am paranoid that I did something wrong. He never asked for money in the 3.5 minute call. However, it seemed like that was the route he was taking when he said to fix the situation. Either way, it just sounds fishy that he said he spoke to his lawyer prior to going to the police. What kind of father does that? I'd be so pissed off if someone supposedly was talking to my child. He also said that I should have stopped speaking when she said she turned 17. He then went on to say that social media sites are not
for being friends with people. He is pretty stupid. Sorry. Just thinking out loud. It is all messing me up.
#326028 by Terminator5 Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:20 am
You already answered your own question when you posted that photo of a 19 year old profile . Its a scam . Hopefully you have already filed a report with the IC3.

If you need someone to talk , they have a 24 hour hotline for those in distress here :

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

#326038 by Fordfusion82 Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:48 am
Thanks for the help. I'm more so paranoid about it, rather than suicidal. Because I don't have the full conversation in front of me due to deleting it out of fear, that is what is bothering me. I have never sent a nude in my life and never ask about them. I don't talk about sex with someone I just met. It's weird that I was being accused of something I never do. That's what's bothering me.
#326040 by Terminator5 Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:59 am
They don't care about that . They only hope to make you feel that you did something wrong in order to Extort Money from you . This scam works on fear , intimidation and embarrassment . Perhaps speaking with a local pastor might help .

#326086 by c1964 Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:34 pm
This is what makes me nervous. Should It?

I had a gmail account I set up for this. And a google voice number. I deleted that GV number. I thought I'm sure this is the same scam, so once I delete that number I won't get anymore calls, and I can put it behind me.

Just got another unknown call though. So I'm worried

Anyone?

Thanks
#326104 by c1964 Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:25 pm
Sorry. I don't want to be a pain in the ass. If it was the cops, would they call me 9 times over 3 days? And never leave a message?

Thanks
#326105 by Terminator5 Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:29 pm
It's a scam . Report it on the IC3 Website there is nothing further we can do for you here .

Thx

#326958 by Pumas10 Wed May 03, 2017 5:41 am
Hey guys same story I was on pof about a week ago conect to a gril profile said she was 29 asked me for my number we texted and she send me some nudes pics not the same girl we Exchange pictures next morning father calls and a detective name was Michael rainy something like that black guy he tell me to talk to the father so I did he ask me for money 1,800.50 for medical bills both numbers from South Carolina
#326966 by Terminator5 Wed May 03, 2017 9:11 am
Pumas10 wrote:Hey guys same story I was on pof about a week ago conect to a gril profile said she was 29 asked me for my number we texted and she send me some nudes pics not the same girl we Exchange pictures next morning father calls and a detective name was Michael rainy something like that black guy he tell me to talk to the father so I did he ask me for money 1,800.50 for medical bills both numbers from South Carolina

Its a scam . Don't pay them anything . Report It on the IC3 website .