Information on romance scams and scammers.
#314507 by Bryon Williams Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:17 pm
Follow the advice that the legal authorities gave you.

Social media has allowed people to post their personal information all over the internet. This could be how they found you and family.

ETA: Even now you are relaxed with the internet and posting with possibly your real name.

I have changed the name of the post. If you want a permanent change send me a PM.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#314519 by Terminator5 Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:54 am
Its a scam . Never give strangers you just met on the internet your phone number , address, Facebook profile . And never send potentially embarrassing photos or texts to strangers. Thanks for sharing your experiences with this Extortion Scam . Your post will help warn other potential victims .

Daniel 8 :25
#314708 by Mustang252 Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:55 am
Another one of those underage girl scams. This one from okcupid. Girls name was Ashlynbell. Apparently was underage. But it's a scam. Her number was 4702341032. Her step father called saging if I don't pay via green dot card from cvs, half of $3000 for the therapy bill, he would file a police report against me. The profile said 18. A guy saying he was an investigator named CT Miller badge # 1368 called me saying if I don't do what the parents want, he will have me extradited to him. His number was 5714296114. When I searched the 470 number on facebook, it pulled up a person named Nasir Abdul Muhammad, from Greenville, South Carolina. I've noticed a lot of these scams are originally from SC. Seems like it all adds up pretty well to me. It's sick how people do this. A real cop, will answer questions that you ask. They will be professional and not use slang and whatnot. The 470 number is from Georgia. The 571 number is from Virginia, but it's a bandwidth.com number and originated from Washington. I am in Arizona, where this girl is "living". This just about hit every corner of the country. Seems to be scamming at its finest. I have completely blocked out all parties involved. I will update this in a week or two, if anything further happens.
#314712 by Tim Atem Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:39 am
Thank you for posting. Make sure that you also report this to IC3.gov and provide them as much information as possible: https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/

This will help them to investigate and hopefully start arresting some of these scammers.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#314747 by Terminator5 Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:19 pm
Girls name was Ashlynbell. Apparently was underage. But it's a scam. Her number was 4702341032. Her step father called saging if I don't pay via green dot card from cvs, half of $3000 for the therapy bill, he would file a police report against me. The profile said 18.

Ashlynbell doesnt exist . These profiles are fakes set up to attract victims and than Blackmail them . In reality Ashlynbell is probably an ugly hairy dude sitting in a cyber cafe in Lagos .

#314748 by Terminator5 Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:45 pm
FROM OK CUPID , TERMS OF SERVICE

https://www.okcupid.com/legal/terms

Adult users only

This Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, you are not authorized to use this Website and will not be afforded access to any features of this Website that allow for you to provide information to us or to share information with other users of this Website.

#314749 by Terminator5 Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:07 pm
And here is Ashlynbell calling from a different number dating back to 2015 . Does the story line look familiar ?

http://www.badnumbers.info/803-413-4219/

803-413-4219

Did you get a call from 803-413-4219? Read the comments below to find out information about this number. You can also report unwanted calls to help identify callers.
Higgins
August 12, 2015, 7:24 am

Big time scammer at work here. They will claim to be a detective with the Lexington Police Department and then say you are going to be criminally charged if you don't man up to the hospital bills for a young girl you were illegally texting with the sexual comments. This is all lies.

There are no police at that department who care about filing charges against you. Elaborate extortion attempt. Haste and fear are their weapons of choice.

Caller Company: Lexington Police Department
Caller Type: Scammer/Phisher

Anonymous
September 16, 2015, 12:39 am

This is an extortion scam that is trying to scare you about texting an underage girl who is in the hospital and that you will be charged with sexual misconduct with a minor if you don't pay the hospital bills for the girl immediately. Name of the person calling is "Detective Nicholas Carver" and I checked this name out with the police department and they said there is no such person.

Caller Company: Detective Nicholas Carver

Poco
September 23, 2015, 3:50 pm

A fake detective will call you and threaten to press charges against you for inappropriate contact with underage girls and then tell yo how the girl is in the hospital trying to kill herself. Now they want you to pay the hospital bills to smooth things over. Will say that this is the only way to avoid having criminal charges made against you. Don't believe a word. Criminal pros at work.

Caller Company: Extortion Call

Ula
September 27, 2015, 2:33 pm

Fake police call. Making legal threats of arrest for non-payment of hospital bills of an underage suicidal girl. Blames you for everything and tells you that criminal charges are going to happen if you don't clean this mess up. Of coarse, you will have no idea what this is about as it's all lies. Con artists at work. New scam as far as I know.

Caller Company: Lexington Police

bf
November 12, 2015, 10:29 pm

Yes this is a scam... been going around look up underage daughter scam, he also has another 803 # there are several pages on this, lexington police department and richland county are investigating this currently

Caller Company: Nicholas Carver and Unkown
Caller Type: Spammer (Email/Junk Mail)

dendiis
December 22, 2015, 3:16 pm

i got call from 8032255414 saying the same story.
its organized scam. girl used:

803 260 1882
864 490 8751

Caller Company: Charles Zeigler

mario
June 24, 2016, 10:04 am

Same thing happened to me the girl kept messaging me on mocospace she asked for my number then she sent me nudes and says she's 15 so I cut her off then the next day I get a call from Mike rainy from Greenville department SC and that the girl is in the hospital because she slit her wrists and that the parents want u to pay half the bill he said 2500 and he said if I don't pay it hell send a warrant out for me and if I pay it charges will be dropped I got scared I was about to pay up and he said to send it through money order but first I looked up his number and he came back as a scam taking people's money setting u up and I also called the FBI and they gave me the number to Greenville department I talked to a detective I told him my situation and he said not to pay him s**t block his number and report him to the irs

Caller Company: 803-439-0940 detective Mike rainy (scam)
Caller Type: Unknown

Kev
November 19, 2016, 8:21 pm

So I was on OkCupid. I message this girl from southbury ct, Profile said she is 20..Within a few messages she said its best if I just text her. So I gave her my number. Later that day she text me. But phone number is a South Carolina number 803-529-5801. We talked for a bit that day. Following day we talked a little more. I sent her a face pic. She sent a few too. Nothing dirty. The follow day i asked her for another pic. She sent one of her sitting in her panties I send a similar one back. The she sent a nude. And I made her a nude video clip. Like an hour later she says. Oh I'm 16. Gonna be 17 in a few weeks. I told her immediately I can't talk and best of luck. She couldn't under stand why. I told her I'm not into underage girls. Another hour goes by and her dad calls and text me. Saying he is Thomas Johnson her father. We have a serious issue he said. I called him back after I heard the voicemail. He seemed like an ok guy with a southern accident. He said he didn't wanna go through a lengthy lawsuit and such. But his wife wants me locked up. He said his wife was raped before. Wants justice for his daughter. But he was going to call me back after he talked to her to see if I could just send him money to pay for lap top, phone deactivating and plan ticket back to South Carolina. When I hung up. I blocked the number. And he called me back on two other numbers. One from sumter sc and one from Lauren's sc. I blocked them all each time tried a new number. My concern is that maybe it's not a scam. I m puking and can't eat or sleep. I'm so disgusted with my self to risk everything i have in my life. If someone could please write in with there opinion maybe I ll feel a little better. Plzzz

Anonymous
December 14, 2016, 10:05 am

Dude it's a fucking scam. This guy makes a living off this shit. Don't believe a word and tell him you're reporting him to the FBI and keep blocking him. He's using your fear and uncertainty along with a fast approaching "deadline" to get what he wants from you: money. Also, the fact that he wants you to wire him money through PayPal or western union or some shit...its untraceable. Think about it. If you pay him you'll never see it again. And if you think you'all just swallow your pride and pay him to "make all this go away", trust me, it won't. He'll keep extorting you until you're out of money or realize he's a criminal. Don't fall for it.

Mustang252
December 17, 2016, 3:39 am

Another one of those underage girl scams. This one from okcupid. Girls name was Ashlynbell. Apparently was underage. But it's a scam. Her number was 4702341032. Her step father called saging if I don't pay via green dot card from cvs, half of $3000 for the therapy bill, he would file a police report against me. The profile said 18. A guy saying he was an investigator named CT Miller badge # 1368 called me saying if I don't do what the parents want, he will have me extradited to him. His number was 5714296114. When I searched the 470 number on facebook, it pulled up a person named Nasir Abdul Muhammad, from Greenville, South Carolina. I've noticed a lot of these scams are originally from SC. Seems like it all adds up pretty well to me. It's sick how people do this. A real cop, will answer questions that you ask. They will be professional and not use slang and whatnot. The 470 number is from Georgia. The 571 number is from Virginia, but it's a bandwidth.com number and originated from Washington. I am in Arizona, where this girl is "living". This just about hit every corner of the country. Seems to be scamming at its finest. I have completely blocked out all parties involved. I will update this in a week or two, if anything further happens.

#314754 by zach avers Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:04 pm
So I get a call back from the mother/sister regarding the money she wanted me to pay and said it was my last chance to make things right. I asked her what her name was, what the PD she reported me was, if I could speak with her husband, why her alleged under age daughter was on a 18+ site and her profile only allowed her to receive messages from 24+ men. She didn't have answers for any of these questions. told me I would find out when the police come and put me in cuffs. I also asked her where she was located and she told me down south. So it went from being someone who was claiming to be local, to someone now in the south. I asked her how giving her $2000 would solve anything and she told me that she had to close her, her daughter and her husbands phone lines and had to pay to break the contract. I found it odd that she calls me and leaves me a voice mail saying that I need to call her back leave her a VM and she will call me back. I also find it weird that someone would ask for money if they were truly upset about a situation such as this. I blocked the # and am going to stop thinking about it, I just don't understand why people do this shit. I have read stories of people actually committing suicide over similar stories and these scammers should not be taken lightly. Ever since the first call I had received I have become borderline obsessed with reading more and more about different scams and have realized that they are all so similar with minor story line differences.
#314756 by Terminator5 Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:30 pm
Its a scam . Don't pay them anything . Report this on the IC3 Website .

#314850 by All4one Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:52 pm
I got a scam by answering a craigslist ad, posted age was 21 then was deleted. Got a call saying his son got into a crash while coming to see me and he was badly injured. Got another call from the sheriff's general phone number asking if I texted with an underage boy. Father called back wanted to work out a $3,000 payment plan to fix his car. Said I would get 21 years in jail if not. I sent $400 via western union to a Jordan Aiken. After thinking about it and seeing this board I cancelled the money transfer and got a refund before they got the money. It was a S. Carolina number 864-952-6402. I was then to do a walmart to walmart to a Lisa Hendricks for the remaining cash 300 a month, her number was 864-207-8469. They said they sent all the texts to the sheriff but I'm not arrested yet.
#314851 by Terminator5 Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:04 pm
Its a scam . Make a police report and report it on the IC3 Website.

#315253 by Jojoseg Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:10 am
Same thing just happened to me. I got a call from a guy in South Carolina saying I sent pics to his 17 year old child. He wanted $750 for the laptop his child broke when they found out and $150 to deactivate phone or he's gonna call the police
#315256 by Terminator5 Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:31 am
Its a scam . Don't Pay These Cockroaches Anything . Read the preceding 34 pages and report this crime on the IC3 website . Post links to any profiles they are using , along with any telephone numbers or email addresses .

#315258 by Terminator5 Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:03 am
(803) 378-3759

8033783759 is a mobile number provided by Verizon Wireless with an area code in SC
Orangeburg, SC 29115

Thank you for posting . This is a scam . Can you tell us how you met this person ? Dating site ? Craigslist ?