Information on romance scams and scammers.
#339286 by johnwalker1975 Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:31 pm
Hi,

I'm so embarrassed about having to share these details. I met someone on a gay adult chat site that said they were 25. They asked me if I wanted to Snapchat. So we did. I immediately sent me a nude picture of himself and asked me to send one in return. Well I did. He then asked me for a video to which I also did. He then says, "Can I tell you something?" I said yes. He says "I'm really 14 but it's ok I like older men and I've been with a 30 year old." I said you told me you were 25. He then says "I lied." Then he deleted me from Snapchat. I didn't receive any further communication from him and I deleted my Snapchat and all social media accounts. I changed me email password and deleted me name from my email. I'm scared to death that I'm going to get a visit from the police or the FBI for sending explicit content to a minor. I would never ever do that. Was this the beginning of a scam? It's been a little over a week and I haven't heard anything. Can someone shed some light on this for me?
Advertisement

#339287 by Terminator5 Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:32 pm
@Chasedilton
It's a Scam . Don't pay them any more money and report this Scam on the IC3 Website

Daniel 8 :25
#339289 by johnwalker1975 Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:03 pm
Bryon Williams wrote:@johnwalker1975

You may be in the early stage.

Read the first post of this thread and apply the suggestions.

Bryon,

If I have cut all my social media out is there anyway he can still contact me?
#339323 by Terminator5 Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:38 am
If you google snapchat + sextortion your going to find hundreds of listings of various blackmail / sextortion scams such as these :

A BRAVE victim of ‘sextortion’ has spoken out to describe how he was tricked into exposing himself online, then threatened with blackmail.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/onlin ... 07a6783ebf

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/magazine-377 ... ion-racket

My opinion based on your description is it 99.999% a scam they just haven't made a money demand yet .
You can get free and anonymous help from the following organizations set up for victims of sextortion scams .

http://www.connectsafely.org/faq-on-sex ... extortion/

http://www.crisischat.org/

One of the scariest revelations out of researching this is :

Snapchat now shares your exact location

You should report this scam on the IC3 Website

#339375 by Tonypowell993 Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:48 pm
I wish I've seen these posts and warnings about PoF. I'm going through the same thing right now and I don't know what to do. It's the same story. The father calls me up the next morning saying that the mother saw the pictures/texts and wants to press charges and that I need to write an apology texts to the mother. Which I did. I didn't say on there in detail about what i did just the fact that I was sorry and I've never done that and stuff. Than he continued to say that they would have to destroy the girls phone and cancel the plan which is like $800+. I said ok. I haven't sent him the money because I told him that I didn't have it right now. Plus he asked me to send him a text every morning to like "check in" with him and that he will keep tabs on me for a year and if he sees that I got in trouble for sexting a minor, he would give the police the phone. Wtf do I do? I have deleted all the pictures/texts between me and her that night and tried to search them but nothing. The names might be fake. The girl is Ashleigh...Dads name is Derek McAllister. I don't have the pof username for her because I deleted pof. The numbers are out of GA. Only weird thing is when I search her cell #, it gave me a name of some guy...i found him on FB and tried to ask him if that was his # and he blocked me. This is the name that popped up from searching his number xxxxx...these are the 2 numbers I had...706-200-8990 (# that the "dad" used) and hers 706-200-8965... <might need to double check her number. Please help. I'm scared that he will go to the cops...he sounded pretty serious.
#339376 by Bryon Williams Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:00 pm
Do not pay the blackmail.

Stop contact with the scammer.

Report this crime to IC3 https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Read the first post of this thread and apply the suggestions.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#339378 by Bryon Williams Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:09 pm
Tonypowell993 wrote:I wish I've seen these posts and warnings about PoF. I'm going through the same thing right now It's the same story.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#339380 by johnwalker1975 Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:59 pm
Tony I deleted my Facebook, instagram and Snapchat pages. All forms of social media. I changed the password on my email. I never gave them my number when it happened to me so they have no way of contacting me. You may want to consider changing your number.

Tonypowell993 wrote:I wish I've seen these posts and warnings about PoF. I'm going through the same thing right now and I don't know what to do. It's the same story. The father calls me up the next morning saying that the mother saw the pictures/texts and wants to press charges and that I need to write an apology texts to the mother. Which I did. I didn't say on there in detail about what i did just the fact that I was sorry and I've never done that and stuff. Than he continued to say that they would have to destroy the girls phone and cancel the plan which is like $800+. I said ok. I haven't sent him the money because I told him that I didn't have it right now. Plus he asked me to send him a text every morning to like "check in" with him and that he will keep tabs on me for a year and if he sees that I got in trouble for sexting a minor, he would give the police the phone. Wtf do I do? I have deleted all the pictures/texts between me and her that night and tried to search them but nothing. The names might be fake. The girl is Ashleigh...Dads name is Derek McAllister. I don't have the pof username for her because I deleted pof. The numbers are out of GA. Only weird thing is when I search her cell #, it gave me a name of some guy...i found him on FB and tried to ask him if that was his # and he blocked me. This is the name that popped up from searching his number xxxxx...these are the 2 numbers I had...706-200-8990 (# that the "dad" used) and hers 706-200-8965... <might need to double check her number. Please help. I'm scared that he will go to the cops...he sounded pretty serious.
#339390 by Terminator5 Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:25 pm
Tonypowell993 wrote:So it's a scam then. I haven't been able to sleep at all. Scared to death.

Its a scam . Terms of Service of POF are no one under 18 allowed . Its impossible to have a profile on there below that age . It was a fake profile set up using stolen photos to scam people .

You should take advantage of the victim services sites previously posted in this thread and REPORT THIS IMMEDIATELY on the the IC3 website if you believe you found them on Facebook .

#339393 by Tonypowell993 Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:29 pm
Gotcha. Thanks for the help. I already changed my number and other stuff. About finding them on FB...im not sure. I used a reverse phone search and it gave me one of the names. Not sure if it's correct but who knows.
#339395 by Bryon Williams Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:32 pm
The scammer is spoofing numbers.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=116974
Recommended Actions:

It is best to stop all contact with the scammers. Ignore his calls and messages.

Ignore all demands for money. If you pay the scammer he will continue to blackmail you. You will only stop paying when you go broke or realize you are being scammed.

Deactivate your Facebook account for two weeks. Change your photo or avatar when you reactivate it or get a new one. Also change your user name. Do not accept requests from anyone you have never met.

Do the above for all social media and Skype.

You may have to change your phone numbers.

File a report with your local law enforcement agency and to one of the following below if possible.