Information on romance scams and scammers.
#308852 by Terminator5 Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:57 pm
What did your LE say about it ? Its a scam, don't pay them anything. Report this on the IC3 website .

Daniel 8 :25
Advertisement

#308853 by Star45 Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:02 pm
bt22 wrote:
Bfarnz wrote:So I'm pretty sure one of them contacted me tonight her name on pof is it's allmeuc she claims her name is crystal and she lives in South Carolina. She asked

This same thing has happened to me but it happened just a day ago. I met her on POF, her name is Crystal from South Carolina. She sent me a picture of her in bra and panties then sent me a picture of her topless. I did speak to my local law enforcement about this because honestly I didn't know what else to do because she said she is above age and yes I did send a pic back of my downstairs. I'm scared because her "Father" said he's gonna take me to court about it and I'll have to pay for all the fines plus pay for her broken laptop. He was gonna settle for $800 dallors which I didn't send and my local law enforcement said not to. I told the guy I'm not gonna pay and he said he's taken me to court and I'll go to jail. I'm scared about all this and idk what to do about this situation.

This happened to me a couple of days ago and I am still dealing with it! So I was on a app called Mingle2 and this girl that had the username of lisaisback19 contacts me and asks for my number and I am stupid and give it to her! The profile said she was 30 years old and so she sends me some nude pics and she asks for my d**** picture so I don't take one and I go online to find a picture of that . The next day a person who says he is law enforcement calls me and directed me to talk with Mr. Patterson her father. So I do and he says his daughter is actually 16 and that they don't want me to get arrested so I need to send money! I am confident that this is a scam! But I am still pretty scared!! Idk what to do!! I stopped contact with the father and blocked everyone! The crazy thing is that he keeps contacting me from the number that his "daughter" sent nudes from! So is it a scam!?!?
#308855 by bt22 Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:17 pm
Terminator5 wrote:What did your LE say about it ? Its a scam, don't pay them anything. Report this on the IC3 website .

My law enforcement definitely sayen it's a scam, plus me showing the officer this site with the same issue. The police took pictures of this site today because my officer is looking into this.
#308872 by Broz710 Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:56 am
So this happened to me last night. I replied to a post on Craigslist ( not my proudest moment )... anyway I start texting this girl Amanda who says she's moving to the Fort Campbell/Clarksville area. She says she's 18 and starts talking more erotically and next thing I know she sends nudes and wants mine. Then hours later she calls me and hangs up suddenly after a few words. A few minutes later her "father" calls furious and starts lecturing me. Next thing I know he wants 3000 for a new patio door and damages to a wall that his daughter supposedly caused. He emailed me a PayPal invoice from an email reneeshannon974@gmail. The father contacted me from 9803306247. I'm ignoring him now but I'm really nervous. He somehow knows my full name and has my phone number.
#308879 by Bryon Williams Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:10 am
Follow the directions on page one first post.

(980) 330-6247
9803306247 is a VoIP number provided by Pinger with an area code in NC

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#308886 by Bryon Williams Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:14 am
(803) 751-7664
8037517664 is a VoIP number provided by tw telecom with an area code in SC

(854) 529-6797
8545296797 is a VoIP number provided by Pinger with an area code in SC

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#309302 by Th3Cr0w Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:24 pm
I wanted to share my story as well, because while it’s the same as many others at its core it has some changes that are worth note. I’ll try to keep it small but I want to give a sufficient amount of detail because it is different.

I’m in Richmond, Virginia. I started dating again after a long break and went back to online dating as that is how I’ve met most of my ex-girlfriends. I sign up for Plenty of Fish, OKcupid as well as post and reply to ads on Craigslist. While running errands on my day off I get reply on Craiglist from “Laura” who has many of the same interests as I do, which is why I contacted her. We chat back and forth for a while then the conversation gets (in hindsight, suddenly) sexually aggressive. This wasn’t unwelcomed, so I replied in the same context. She started sending me sexually explicit pictures, but the woman didn’t look the same in all of them. When she asked for the same of me, I took some off google and sent them over. She asked if I wanted to get something to eat if I was available and sent her number which was something like a Hawaii area code. I told her I’d have to see once I was done with a few things and sent her my number. We never exchanged a text message. A few hours pass and she e-mails me an address, I bring it up on google maps and it’s local, but looks like a drug house. While I’m researching the address she sends another e-mail saying that she was only 15 years old and asked if I could bring whiskey. I replied flatly, “Please do not contact me again, I do not want to speak to you again.” Her rebuttal was “I look for older guys because guys my age don’t know how to treat me!”, annoyed that I had spent my day on this kid I lectured her saying she was going to get herself and someone else in trouble by doing these things and that it could ultimately jeopardize her life. She doesn’t reply to the e-mail.

Fast forward to the evening about two days later. While hanging with friends I get a call from (866) 347-2423, assuming it was a telemarketer I reject it. It calls back, I reject, wash, rinse and repeat until I decide to answer it. When I do there is a man on the phone who identifies himself as a Detective for the FBI (I didn’t catch the name, I was freaking out) and would only ask, “Mr. Rollins, is now an okay time to talk?” repeatedly. I excused myself, went outside to find out what it was all about. He said I was being brought up on charges based on a sexual conversation I had with an FBI agent posing as a 15 year old girl. I pointed out that the pictures I sent were not of me and came before I knew of her age as well as the fact I severed all communication once I found out her age. He became outraged and lectured me on severity of the situation and how negligent I was. He cited extreme and lengthy prison sentences and that it was a felony. I googled 8663472423 from my phone and it came back to ICE’s government tip line for illegal immigration and child exploitation. He told me I would have 5 hours to get a lawyer and prepare myself before I’m arrested and that I would need a pen and paper to take down some information. I go inside to gather the supplies and wave for my friend (a local police officer) to come out with me, I put the phone on speaker so he can listen as well. The ‘Detective’ continues to lecture me rather than give me anything to write down and is aggravated with me because it’s 9:30 PM and he won’t see his kids for dinner tonight because of my stupid mistake. He then, unsolicited, asks if I want to speak to his Boss if I don’t believe how severe the situation is. Starting to calm down and catch on, I say yes. He says he will transfer me. Instead, the line disconnects. I use the time to fill my friend in on what the situation is about. The same number calls back 866-347-2423. This time it’s the ‘boss’ Detective, David Higgins, he lectures me the same, but with a less harsh tone. Through the conversation he says he doesn’t want to do all the paperwork over a simple mistake so if I agree to a confidentiality contract (basically an NDA) and pay the costs for the investigation of $1005.65 he will not press charges. I ask if there is a payment plan, he says yes, but then starts to negotiate the minimum payments. I said I couldn’t pay until my next paycheck (10/20) and I started at $50.00 and worked up before he said, “Listen, if you can’t pay, we will just come and get you now.” So I asked what the minimum would be and he said $450.00 with the remaining due within 45 days. I ask how to pay, he says a local FBI office, presumably the one in Richmond, he doesn’t know and will have to look it up since he is in Greensboro, SC. This set off a *ding* in my head and I look at my watch, it isn’t even 9 PM although the last detective said it was 9:30 PM, VA and SC are in the same time zone. Detective David Higgins is unable to give me the specifics of this payment but instead is insisting to set up a time to call on Thursday (the day I get paid). When I push for more detail, he threatens me again saying they will come get me now. We decide on Thursday at 9AM, and he says if I don’t pay or ignore the call I will be picked up by a U.S. Marshal. The call concludes.

I stayed up until 6 AM to call the ICE/IC3 number I was called from. My friend and I broke it down enough to believe it was a scam, but I still wanted confirmation. Once I went through the menu I was able to get someone on the line, I started explaining what happened and before I could finish, he said, “You are fine, we wouldn’t solicit anything from you over the phone. It’s totally bogus. Unfortunately people are able to spoof numbers and ours is easily accessible via the internet so it’s commonly used.” I did breathe a sigh of relief and went to sleep but it still haunted me. Enough that today I kept digging and that’s how I found this thread and felt it was necessary to share my story. Also hoping to get that last little bit of comfort as well, I guess it’s because I know they are going to be contacting me Thursday so it’s bothering me still. Now admittedly, I bought it for almost all of the conversation. I’ve been diagnosed with clinical depression as well as a panic disorder. As it was unfolding, I decided suicide was my out, I had even made my plan. The reason I wanted to bring it up is I’ve found stories of people killing themselves because of this scam. That’s far too powerful for a money grab, this was yet another reason I wanted to share. I hope this helps others and if you have any questions you can post them or Removed (BW)
Thank you for your time and for reading.
#309308 by Bryon Williams Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:40 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners, 100% a scam.

If a Law Enforcement Officer ask for a payment this makes him a criminal or scam. Report it to your States Attorney General Office.

#309323 by TheOz11 Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:20 pm
So yet another story like the rest but with a little twist. The same thing has happened to me, and i am posting here for guidance and reassurance that this is a scam and not the real deal. I met this girl off of POF a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday. We get to texting and soon enough she ask for a picture of me. I might add she went by the name of Amber. So i sent her just a face picture. Next she sends me a picture of her in a pink bra, telling me to send her something sexy, so i grab a picture off of the internet, and in return she sends a complete nude out of nowhere. He profile read she was 18 so i figured it wasnt a huge deal, nudes are just nudes. Then she tells me to send her something "Hard", so i send her another picture, that shows the "d", which i also grab from google. She then sends me a short video of ... well im sure you can let your mind figure that one out, then says she has to go to bed before the house wakes up. I didnt text her the next day because i was busy with school and work. That night at work i get a call from a number i dont recognize so i just let it ring, which then leaves a voicemail as followed: This is Ambers father, Mr. Jones, you had better give me a call because as soon as i get home from work, i will be following my wifes auditor into law enforcement and pressing charges against you for soliciting a minor. His voice had a strong brooklyn accent. I did not call back, and have not heard anything from either number since the voicemail. i have been freaking out about the situation for days now, and im not sure if its a scam or not seeing as how my story is alittle different from the others. Though keep in mind i have not contacted either number to get a " you had better pay me " response. So im just not sure, so if anyone could give me some advice or more information that would be awesome. Both numbers were: 4437503942 and her fathers number: 9176529000. Her number is under a maryland number and his is a brooklyn number which came off as odd to me.
#309337 by Terminator5 Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:36 am
Don't freak out this is a scam . Report it . Thanks for posting and sharing your experiences on Scamwarners . Your post will help warn other potential victims of this Extortion Scam .

#309345 by Terminator5 Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:57 am
Just to reiterate on a post I made pages back . THESE ARE FAKE PROFILES USING STOLEN PHOTOS . YOU MUST REALIZE THIS AND REPORT THIS .

DO NOT PAY THESE COCKROACHES ANYTHING . REPORT IT .

https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

#309390 by Star45 Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:18 pm
Bryon Williams wrote:It is a scam.

Read page 1 post 1 and follow the directions.

I think mine is a scam too! But they know my first and last name! Idk: This happened to me a couple of days ago and I am still dealing with it! So I was on a app called Mingle2 and this girl that had the username of lisaisback19 contacts me and asks for my number and I am stupid and give it to her! The profile said she was 30 years old and so she sends me some nude pics and she asks for my d**** picture so I don't take one and I go online to find a picture of that . The next day a person who says he is law enforcement calls me and directed me to talk with Mr. Patterson her father. So I do and he says his daughter is actually 16 and that they don't want me to get arrested so I need to send money! I am confident that this is a scam! But I am still pretty scared!! Idk what to do!! I stopped contact with the father and blocked everyone! The crazy thing is that he keeps contacting me from the number that his "daughter" sent nudes from! So is it a scam!?!?
#309392 by Star45 Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:24 pm
Also they had law enforcement call me. This really scared me! The law enforcement number had a area code of a Florida number one of Mr. Pattersons numbers were Texas and the other one Missouri