Information on romance scams and scammers.
#383988 by Terminator5 Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:41 am
Can you please post the profile name from the offending KIK profile so we can look at it .

Thanks

Daniel 8 :25
Advertisement

#386334 by Gooutdoors Wed May 22, 2019 12:39 am
Hey there,

Same situation. 18yo on Meet Me, believe her name was Brittany Austin (deleted my account so not exactly sure). I was in AZ and said she was nearby. She initiated conversation and asked to talk via text. I did. She sent a few indecent photos first. Her believe of age, I replied with one as well.

Next day, Detective Michael Bradshaw 706-843-3899 (looked up a name and looks like someone named Ricardo Flores) from Thomson, GA Police Dept. told me I was in a lot of trouble because she was a minor. I told him she presented herself as 18 and that I would have to talk to the father. I stop responding to them on the phone due to very poor service.

I call Thomson, GA Police, they don’t know a Bradshaw. I called McDuffie County Sherriff, they don’t know him either. Thomson, GA Police called me back, said she spoke to the Chief of Police and that I should file a claim in my local town. Said she has heard stories similar to this.

Later received a text from the original number from the “girl” ‭+1 (706) 948-6829‬, couldn’t find anything matching this one. She said: “I spoke with the detective and he says you was a complete smart ass so to let you know I had an idea to work this thing out like two men yet I'll be going down here in a bit and pressing charges...Good Day”

I responded saying “scam”

She then said “smartass...I’ll see you in court..”

Nothing about money has been mentioned. Does that raise an alarm since I haven’t been asked?

I am reporting to ic3.gov
#386335 by Gooutdoors Wed May 22, 2019 1:27 am
I will also add...the detective had my full name and address, very creepy how he was able to present that.

He yelled at me a lot on the phone too when I was arguing back with him.

Deactivated my Facebook too.
#386376 by Terminator5 Wed May 22, 2019 2:22 pm
This is the same scam . They don't usually make money demands immediately .

Thanks for sharing your experiences on Scamwarners . Your post will help warn other potential victims .

File a report on the ic3 website.

#386377 by Gooutdoors Wed May 22, 2019 5:33 pm
Hey Terminator,

Thank you for the response! I just wanted to make sure. I had a buddy who got the same thing from POF a few years back.

I reported to Thomas, GA police, the local authorities in my state, and filed with IC3.gov

Authorities both said not much can be done expect tell the FBI.

Thanks again for confirming!
#386842 by Gooutdoors Tue May 28, 2019 9:38 am
Terminator5 wrote:This is the same scam . They don't usually make money demands immediately .

Thanks for sharing your experiences on Scamwarners . Your post will help warn other potential victims .

File a report on the ic3 website.

Figured id give an update on this:

I have not been contacted for about a week since the initial contact with them.
Removed all social media.
Both numbers that contacted me were VoIP Numbers (Level 3 & Bandwith.com)
Completed report with IC3
I think they moved along with me when I told them I knew it was a scam.

Again, thank you for this site!
#387785 by Lostgun1980 Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:34 am
So I’m 38 and married. I got bored and met a girl in a chat room. She asked me to text her at 6692001828 and so I went to my textfree app (uses a different number than my mobile) and she asked for a face pic. I sent her one, give a fake name, then she sent hers, said she’s Anna and 18. She sends a nude I didn’t ask for and asks me for a full body nude. I send her a dick pick and tell her I am not comfortable sending a full nude. She asks again and again over the next week. I try to talk to her about things but every now and then she wants her full nude. I finally tell her I’m never going to send a full nude. She then says “That’s ok, I think I have enough for Nancy”. Nancy is my wife. She sends a screenshot of her about to message my wife on Facebook. Then the shakedown begins of course. She asks me for 2000 I say I can’t afford that. 1000. Can’t afford that. I’m trying to stall. Figure something out. She says 500, her final offer. I say ok but I need the weekend for my check to clear. Then she starts giving me these weird methods of payment and I say can’t you just use PayPal or Venmo. She says she’s not old enough to use them. Oooooh. So I’m pretty sure the next shoe to drop will be that she’s under 18. I have no idea what to do here. If I ignore her then what? Wife? Cops?
#387786 by Terminator5 Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:27 am
It's definitely a blackmail scam . Don't pay them anything . File a report on the ic3 website and / or a police report .

It's not the same exact scam but a scam nonetheless . Appears you were groomed for this , could even be by an aquaintence . The phone number appears to be a San Jose California landline .

#387787 by Terminator5 Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:56 am
Can you please post links to any of their online profiles so we can look at them . Also from your description it sounds like it mostly consisted of an unknown individual asking about full body nudes . How much of this contact was actual conversation ?

#387799 by Lostgun1980 Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:02 am
Terminator5 wrote:Can you please post links to any of their online profiles so we can look at them . Also from your description it sounds like it mostly consisted of an unknown individual asking about full body nudes . How much of this contact was actual conversation ?

A little conversation. How was your day, how was school, what are you up to, always coming back to when am I getting my full nude? I don’t have any links to their online profiles. I wish I could figure them out, especially Facebook
#392184 by chappelln19 Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:13 am
Hi
I was Just reading up on this chat. I have a similar situation going on right now as well Where i had been talking to a person who had placed on their Grindr profile that they were 18 that person by the name of Nate sent me a few photos and even his phone number i sent a few photos back later on that day i texted him form the 803 402 3831 number he gave me sent a photo or 2 on there as well. 3 days later a investigator Brian Miller from Private Solutions Investigative Services called (803-590-0621) me and told me that i had been chatting with a 16 year old and that the family was not wishing to press charges that they wanted to replace the cellphone, note this PI also has a Voicemail but the times i have spoke with him he has a very stern adidude and his phone also cuts us off ending the call. Is this a scam?
The other part is that i have already sent the person("Investigator:) $300.00 via GreenDot MoneyPak what do i need to do on this issue?

Also Yesterday i was sent a text (720-307-4750) from a Sister of a Guy who was posing as a 18 year old on Grindr she said he was 16 instead and even sent me a photo of him because i told her i dont recall him. She said that she was not wanting to file charges but wanted a payment to replace the phone because her brother (the guy i had been in contact with broke her phone) i told her i could not pay till Aug 21 due to bills she responded back that it is a month from now and that if i could send part of the payment, i told her my account is already $-100 then she said said she would check back with me a week from now & that she could not wait longer than that. then she sent me a text saying "Deal?" i replied OK. Is this one a scam as well. This one i have not attempted to pay.
#392185 by Troy Platt Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:28 am
All three phone numbers you posted are VOIP (e.g. Skype or Google Voice) numbers and not tied to any mobile phone. These are used by scammers and do not match the scammer's claims.

Here are the recommended actions you should take:

• Stop all contact with the scammers. Ignore their calls and messages.
  • As you have paid, your info will be passed to others. You have seen an example of this already (or it is the same scammer using a different number). Ignore all demands for money.
  • Deactivate your Grindr account for at least two weeks (if not permanently). Change your photo or avatar when you reactivate it or get a new one. Also change your user name. Any online interaction with someone you have never met opens up the potential for fraud.
  • You may have to change your phone numbers.
  • File a report with your local law enforcement agency and http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Unfortunately, the amount you already paid is gone. They use these types of money transfer services so there is no trace.

Google is your friend!

Every email I've posted is a scam. Contacting the email addresses associated with my posts may lead to a loss of money for you. Do not let the scammers know they are posted here!
#394033 by malchediel Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:20 am
Lostgun1980 wrote:So I’m 38 and married. I got bored and met a girl in a chat room. She asked me to text her at 6692001828 and so I went to my textfree app (uses a different number than my mobile) and she asked for a face pic. I sent her one, give a fake name, then she sent hers, said she’s Anna and 18. She sends a nude I didn’t ask for and asks me for a full body nude. I send her a dick pick and tell her I am not comfortable sending a full nude. She asks again and again over the next week. I try to talk to her about things but every now and then she wants her full nude. I finally tell her I’m never going to send a full nude. She then says “That’s ok, I think I have enough for Nancy”. Nancy is my wife. She sends a screenshot of her about to message my wife on Facebook. Then the shakedown begins of course. She asks me for 2000 I say I can’t afford that. 1000. Can’t afford that. I’m trying to stall. Figure something out. She says 500, her final offer. I say ok but I need the weekend for my check to clear. Then she starts giving me these weird methods of payment and I say can’t you just use PayPal or Venmo. She says she’s not old enough to use them. Oooooh. So I’m pretty sure the next shoe to drop will be that she’s under 18. I have no idea what to do here. If I ignore her then what? Wife? Cops?

I'm dealing with the same person right now. But what's weird is.. They got my actual cell #, and know exactly when i'm going to be paid and everything. It's weird..