Information on romance scams and scammers.
#298840 by Terminator5 Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:54 am
Can you post an actual link to these profiles thanks . We need to validate this or the entire post could be removed and so far google shows nothing current or in the google cache .

Thx

Daniel 8 :25
Advertisement

#298910 by Terminator5 Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:37 pm
Yes its a scam . A Blackmail / Sextortion Scam . You need to report it .

#298914 by hpd182 Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:16 pm
Terminator5 wrote:Yes its a scam . A Blackmail / Sextortion Scam . You need to report it .

Do you have actual confirmation on it being a scam? Like I said I'm really going out of my mind about this. He contacted me today saying that needed to pay asap otherwise he will go to the police. He said his name's is Sean Johnson. The only thing I can find on Google is the soccer player by that name.

I don't want to treat this as a scam just for it to turn out to be the real deal. I'm just afraid that it might be real and if I report it I'll just be screwing myself even more than I already have.

Thank you for your time and patience.
#298915 by Terminator5 Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:23 pm
The confirmation that its a scam is on the previous 5 pages . You need to report this to your police department and the IC3 Website . The story line in your case is exactly the same as in previous cases . DO NOT PAY THEM ANY MONEY . IGNORE THEIR CALLS . DEACTIVATE YOUR ONLINE PROFILES AND REPORT THIS .

They count on their victims being scared .
Last edited by Terminator5 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#298916 by Bryon Williams Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:27 pm
If your are over the age of 18 and the girl is 18 or over no crime was commited.

Stop all contact with the scammer. Ignore or block his call/messages.

https://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3&t=116974
Another version of this scam is Under Age girls/boys.

The scammer will meet you again on a social media site. He/she will tell you they are over the age of 18. As you progress communicating with this person/scammer he will ask to exchange indecent photographs/video.

After you exchange photo’s you will be contacted by the scammers fake "Father" or "Mother". They will tell you that you sent pictures to an under age girl/boy. They will want you to send money for therapy or for them not to go to the police. In some cases the scammer has contacted victim pretending to be Law Enforcement.

There are also seen cases where a scammer pretends to an online agent looking for pedophiles. This scam is using the same payment methods mentioned above. The Scammer will tell you that if you pay them they will not report it.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#298917 by Terminator5 Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:42 pm
The profile has a claimed age of 18 . I took screenshots before reporting the profile to POF . You didn't do anything wrong . Report it .

And the other extremely obvious fact that makes it a scam is the profile claims a location in Newark , NJ and they are calling you from a Kansas Cell Phone . Olathe Kansas and Newark are no where near each other .

#298920 by hpd182 Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:39 pm
Terminator5 wrote:The confirmation that its a scam is on the previous 5 pages . You need to report this to your police department and the IC3 Website . The story line in your case is exactly the same as in previous cases . DO NOT PAY THEM ANY MONEY . IGNORE THEIR CALLS . DEACTIVATE YOUR ONLINE PROFILES AND REPORT THIS .

They count on their victims being scared .

Thank you
#299114 by Alansmith1894 Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:25 pm
Ive read most of the threads about the same situation and at first she said she lived in SC andi told her i was no where close because im in tx. We were talking a bit, pictures were exchanged and its a black guy saying hes a us marshal and the father didn't want to press charges but wanted to text. But the marshal called me from the phone of the girl. Now the father is saying she tried to commit suicide and was in the hospital after shock. Then some time after he said the daughter cut herself and got blood on their lab top and wants me to pay now. It sounds a lot like the underage scm and her pof said 18. I can't find it now. But the scary part is the number called from is my area code but i googled the place its not a housr or law its just some land line company. Someone please help idk if its real but im scared. The marshal said he was martain log a black guy and the number he called is 512-200-8548. The marshal said not to call what so ever and only text
#299115 by Alansmith1894 Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:28 pm
Also the guy said he wanted to sue but if he did i would be put on the sex offender list. Im just really scared everything adds up. Wanting pay pal money wanting money for a lab top. Someone help me please
#299116 by Bryon Williams Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:43 pm
It is a scam.

The profile is gone because POF found out it was scamming.

The stupid scammer does not know how the Marshal work.

Stop all contact with all parties. Do not respond to any text or phone calls.

Read page one the first post.

Post all the phone numbers used along with fake names and user names on POF.

Phone number is VoIP. Which means with internet access it can receive/call/text anywhere in the world with internet access.
(512) 200-8548
VoIP - Pinger

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#299118 by Terminator5 Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:55 pm
This is a well documented scam . There is nothing to be afraid of . Report this Blackmail Scam to your local police and on the IC3 website and follow advice previously given in the thread .

These cockroaches work through fear and intimidation .