Information on romance scams and scammers.
#322599 by Tbpilot06 Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:51 am
So I haven't heard anything since the original day and since I blocked the number. I was given until Friday to pay or they were going to the police. I'm guessing either that it might end or the worst feeling is that someone really is going to the police. I find it hard to believe that any real father (even if one was really talking to a minor ) would come up with a story about a broken computer and accept payment just to repair it? Also the thing that seems different from all I read is that I haven't heard from any other number as of yet. I don't know I know the profile was listed as 24 years old and have the screen shots of the profile but I'm still freaking out. I know I did nothing wrong but still why haven't I gotten more demands ? Anyone have similar experience? Could be a variant of the scam like possibly being run on a smaller scale.
Advertisement

#322600 by Tbpilot06 Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:02 am
Also the phone number used was 617-977-4553. The profile on meet me was listed as Erica Whitehead and the father using the same number said his name was Matthew. Not being racist at all but he was definitely African American and at times very hard to understand. Typed in a mismatch of how he spoke and then as if he understood English a little better.
#322606 by Terminator5 Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:55 am
You didn't do anything wrong . These are Fake Profiles made up with photos stolen off the internet . Please post or private message a direct link to that profile so we can look at it . On page 47 I was able to find over 6 fake profiles from a victim report . You may want to also make a state / local police report for your own peace of mind .

but I'm still freaking out. I know I did nothing wrong but still why haven't I gotten more demands ?

Perhaps they've been arrested . Stop freaking out, be glad you haven't received any more calls . Be sure to change your phone number and follow the other suggestions on page 1 of the post .

617-977-4553 Marked as an unsafe caller 3 weeks ago :

https://callername.com/61797795

Daniel 8 :25
#322749 by jthrowaway42 Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:51 am
864-361-8416

South Carolina Number

Was browsing late last night and had received a message on meetme, she was using scout which is owned by meetme so they did not have a profile to view just an age that displayed 18 and a profile photo. She asked for my number (name was Amanda) and I was stupid, so stupid to give it. Went through 10 minutes of chatting before she sent a none nude picture. It was kind of odd because she immediately said that I should send a selfie back so I did. Things that tipped me off that this wasn't normal, she didn't know what a DD was (designated driver), didn't know what an Uber was (almost everyone in America knows this service exists, which made me think it was probably a person spoofing the number from a different country) I woke up to a missed call which was her number, then a few more calls throughout the day from the same number which I had no intention of picking up because I was already scared I was being scammed. Then I received a text stating It was a Investigator with so and so district attorney in South Carolina and then stated he would have a warrant out for my arrest if I didn't answer. I immediately deleted the conversation, blocked the number then changed numbers and went on to deactivate my social media and deleted my meetme/scout.

Still very shook up about this approach from a scammer, considering there aren't many that immediately state they are investigators or police. Just looking for assurance that this is a known scam in the area over there? (separate state from me)

ugh..
Last edited by jthrowaway42 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
#322750 by Terminator5 Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:57 am
Scam . Report these cockroaches on the IC3 Website . Thx

#322765 by Terminator5 Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:30 am
Re: Blackmail Scams - Sextortion Scams
Sent: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:01 pm
To: Terminator5 -

xxxxxx
Registered Member

Subject: Blackmail Scams - Sextortion Scams

Terminator5 wrote:Scam . Report these cockroaches on the IC3 Website . Thx

Sir, my I ask why you are so confident it is? I have every intention on reporting it but I'm only xx years old and I'm totally freaked out right now.

Then I received a text stating It was a Investigator with so and so district attorney in South Carolina and then stated he would have a warrant out for my arrest if I didn't answer.

Law Enforcement in the USA cannot and will not contact you in such a manner . Nor will they ask you to pay for fake broken Laptops , TVS or someones fake counseling sessions and pay by western union or money gram . COURTS decide damages not the police .

In reality you are not communicating with a girl , or the police , or a district attorney . You are talking to an Ugly Hairy Dude in Lagos Nigeria waiting to collect his western union scam money .

THIS IS A SCAM . REPORT IT .

#322887 by Faqscammers Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:04 pm
Follow up from page 48.
It's been a week since i got contacted last time and still enjoying my freedom. I ignored their texts and calls and they stopped. Follow advice from page 1, ignore their calls, texts and DON'T PAY them anything, It's 1000% scam. Law enforcement won't ask for payment by phone via WU, MoneyPak or similar for of payment.
#322888 by Faqscammers Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:10 pm
Tbpilot06 wrote:I was using meetme communicating with a 24 yo female located in Delaware. This person stated they were on a 5 month break from umass. Long story shorter is that it moved to text messaging where one photo was sent and a few received. I was then asked one day if I could receive videos. I said yes. I never received one but instead the next day I received a text from the supposed father of this what I only knew as a 24 year old. Here is what it said with my name deleted:
Ok, My name deleted, I don't know what's going on with you and my child, but it will be your best interest to contact me at your earliest convenience! This (1/is Matthew whitehead Ericas father. I can speak wit you like a man or I can go to the cops and have charges brought up in you.(2/2)
Now it'll be in your best interest to contact me as soon as you receive these messages.
Anyways I replied with something about this person being 24 but also panicked a bit. I assure you I would never have knowingly talked to anyone under 18. Anyways I called him and was told that if I paid for the wife's computer that the apparently 14 year old damaged they wouldn't go to the cops. I actually went to several places in an attempt to send the money including to a debit card at cvs and eventually Walmart to Walmart via money gram. At Walmart I filled out the paper to be sent to a long foreign name in Georgia despite this person apparently being from Delaware using a Massachusetts phone number . My transaction didn't go thru because I wanted to pay with my credit card but it had to be cash. I was then given until Friday to pay or they would go to the police. I filed a report on the FBI website and blocked the number . Any other ideas or suggestions? I saw this listed on this site and also my daily scam with many similarities including the damaged computer etc. please help me out

Why are you trying so hard to send them money when previous 48 pages and 100's of stories are telling you it's 100% scam ? Don't be stupid, don't send them anything. Ignore all attempting contact from them, they'll give up. Read my story on page 48 and then 1 week later follow up on page 49.
#322892 by Tbpilot06 Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:33 pm
I'm not trying hard to send anyone money. My account of the story was what happened that day last Tuesday. Since finding this website I have blocked number and haven't heard a word about it. I also made a phone call to the FBI and filed a report with ic3. Forgive me for not thinking clearly when this first happened. It's not as if I knew about this site that day and only found it after what occurred in my account of the events.
#323011 by Mikedel1988 Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:36 pm
New here think I'm getting scammed girl on scout says she's 21 ask for number I live in Delaware which is 302 area code she says she lives here to just moved from SC starts talking and wants to set only to find out after she sends pictures says that she is only 15 so I try to let her down gently I'm not a mean person so I stop talking next day her "dad " calls me says his name is Michael Kaiser saying he wants 900 dollars to pay for the phone or else he's going to the cops is thus a scam?
#323014 by Terminator5 Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:33 pm
Same scam . Don't pay them anything . Report it on the IC3 Website .

#323524 by Ajensen Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:25 pm
Messaged a 18 year old girl on POF. Gave me her number and said it's from SC +1 (803) 272-9840. Sent me some risqué pictures. And then find out she is 17, WHICH IS TECHNICALLY LEGAL HERE. Next day, uncle calls from a number near where I live and says she wrecked his car on her way to see me. The dad wants to call the cops but i can pay the 2750 to fix his Jeep this can go away. He doesn't want it to go to court either, and that I can send a money gram to his mechanic to fix the car. My phone number isn't from my area, but his is. Feels like a scam, but how did he get that number? I've seen scams very similar to this but not quite this exact one. I'm pretty shaken up.
#323525 by Bryon Williams Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:34 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

It is a scam.

Stop all contact with the scammer.

Post a link to the profile on POF.

Post all names, phone numbers and email addresses given.

Report the scammer to IC3 https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Read page 1 first post of this thread and follow the advice.

For future references it may be legal in your state for consensual sex at 17 it is not legal to distribute or exchange nudes less than the age of 18.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#323526 by Ajensen Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:49 pm
+1 (803) 272-9840 "Katie"
+13372076252 "Uncle Charlie"

Asked for 2750 dollars for car damages.

POF Account has been deleted or removed. I reported when I found out she wasn't 18.
#323556 by Terminator5 Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:24 am
Messaged a 18 year old girl on POF. Gave me her number and said it's from SC +1 (803) 272-9840. Sent me some risqué pictures. And then find out she is 17,

Terms of Service of POF are no one under 18

And then find out she is 17,

You found out she was 17 ? Or the scammer number texted you back she was 17 ?

Asked for 2750 dollars for car damages.

Blackmail / Extortion .

+1 (803) 272-9840 "Katie" South Carolina

+13372076252 "Uncle Charlie" Louisiana

This is a scam most definately . Report this Blackmail / Extortion Attempt on the IC3 Website .