Information on romance scams and scammers.
#349572 by Jr420 Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:43 pm
so i just go are they gonna like send anything in the mail, or anything like that. I dont want my family to know. And idk if it was a bot or person. But they sent my photos they said were gonna share back to me. And like i said, didnt tell em my name. And fb is private, they wouldn't b able to find it with email as its set to private.I reported them on kik as well
Advertisement

#351025 by detonicsdrew Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:38 pm
Alright guys. Im still shaking so please bare with me.

Long story short i match with this cute girl on Okcupid. Her profile said 20 and since i live in a college town i was apt to believe it. She said her data was almost out and she wanted to switch to text. I foolishly gave her my number. We established that we want to FWB and she asked for pics. I obliged. The next day I get a call with a "why the fuck are you sending pictures to my underage daughter" the 25 min phone call was mostly "my wifes gonna send you to the police. We know where you are. If you want to help yourself go to CVS and get a greendot card put $795 for the phone deactivate or else well turn you over to the police."

The phone numbers were 1. From several states over. 2. The girl was white and the "father" was clearly black (not trying to be racist) 3. Claimed he was calling from his phone but the numbers where the same.

Edit with more details: after several cigarettes, they said I had one hour to send the money or else.

Lots of red flags.

Update: I screen capped everything, Im filing a report with the IC3 FBI, I missed the "deadline" to give money and nothing happened and blocked all contact. I admit I did fuck up, shouldve been more careful. Hopefully nothing happens, but I am prepared if it does.

Be wary.

I appreciate the advice y'all, obviously this isnt a situation any one want to find themselves in. Moral of the story, dont be dumb. I was dumb.
#351033 by Terminator5 Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:37 pm
Thank you for posting your experiences to Scamwarners . Your post will help warn other potential victims of this Blackmail Extortion Scam.

Daniel 8 :25
#351328 by BalancedMan Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:09 pm
Here's my story. Was on MeetMe on Thursday, December 28th 2017. Chatted with a girl based out of Atlanta named Katie Long (age 21). She asked to text and sent me a naked photo. I was a little suspiscious because the naked photo didn't look completely like the girl in the profile...regardless I dumbly responded with a few pics (nothing with my face, fortunately). They used my phone number to track down either my Facebook or LinkedIn profile because one of the texts mentions my employer's name. But I don't think they got access to friends list. I actually stalled enough to figure out the scam before I talked to them on the phone, so they were never able to ask for money. They have called me once or twice each day since (I blocked the number earlier). I deactivated my accounts, so hopefully they'll just fall off...

Phone Number of scammer: 504-457-1116 / 5044571116 / (504) 457-1116

I recevied a phone call (day after pics were exchanged). Resulting texts:

Me: "You called? What's up?"
Them: "SON, THIS IS THOMAS LONG, IM THE FATHER OF KATIE LONG THE 15 YEAR OLD YOU SENT THESE D*CK PICTURES TO. MY WIFE WANTS YOUR ASS IN JAIL AND HAD OUR ATTORNEY TO DO A TRACE ON YOUR PHONE. SO, I HAVE PLENTY OF INFORMATION ON YOU. IF YOU DON'T CONTACT ME TONIGHT AND HANDLE THIS LIKE A MAN. IM TURNING THIS OVER TO THE INTERNET CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN AND THE AUTHORITY'S. ALSO, YOUR JOB WILL BE NOTIFIED AS WELL. YOU HAVE UNTIL TONIGHT TO CONTACT ME, OR I WILL LET MY WIFE HANDLE THIS"

This is followed up by a couple of screenshots of law/statute from http://www.expertlaw.com and the Sun Sentinel, followed by a forwarding of the pics I had texted as well as one screen grabbed off the MeetMe app.

I sent a few messages, still unsure of the situation. They followed up:

"It doesn't matter, she's a minor and you have to make a reasonable care in ascertaining the true age of that person. Its a felony offence to expose yourself over the internet. If you don't contact me tonight, you will be arrested"

"SON, IM NOT TRYING TO PUT YOU IN JAIL. THAT'S WHY IM HANDLING THIS MATTER. IF YOU DON'T CONTACT ME LIKE YOU SAID. IM LETTING MY WIFE DEAL WITH THIS. ONE GUY IS ALREADY BEEN ARRESTED, BECAUSE HE TOLD ME TO F*CK OFF. NOW, HIS PARENTS KEEP CALLING ME. IM GOING TO BE WAITING. @"

"SON, A HALF HOUR IS UP. ARE YOU PLANNING ON CONTACTING ME, OR DO YOU WANT ME TO LET MY HANDLE THIS MATTER. JUST LET ME KNOW."

I stalled some more.

"SON, IM TRYING TO KEEP THIS AWAY FROM MY WIFE. SHE HAS CALLED A LOT OF PEOPLE ABOUT THIS. BUT AS LONG AS I DON'T TURN IN THIS PHONE, YOU WILL BE OK. BUT WE NEED TO TALKA ND RESOVLE THIS MATTER QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE"

More stalling from me

"SON, IM GOING TO EXPLAIN WHAT I NEED YOU TO DO TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER. BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO KEEP YOUR ASS OUT OF JAIL. IF YOU DON'T HANDLE THIS BUY 10am in the MORNING. IM TURNING THIS OVER TO THE AUTHORITY'S AND YOU WILL BE ARRESTED."

"THIS IS NOT NO GAME, AND IM TRYING TO KEEP THIS AWAY FROM YOUR FAMILIY AND FRIENDS AND YOUR JOB AS A [REDACTED] AT [REDACTED]"

"Since, you have kept me up all night. There will be a warrant sign on you tomorrow. I tried to handle this matter between us, but you are not a man of your word"

------------------------------

That is the type of grammer and capitalization that they use (belive I wrote it verbatem as they sent to me, errors included). Fortunately I stalled enough to find this forum and know exactly what was up. I don't think they had access to much information and my accounts are currently inactive/locked down. They never got the opportunity to even suggest I give them money, so hopefully they will just go away realizing that I'm not a lucrative target. I hope everyone else can avoid this scam. Will report to the authorities.
#351329 by BalancedMan Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:13 pm
I realize that the advice is to just cut contact; but with regards to the "they won't go after you if they don't think you'll pay" thought, I almost responded to the jail/etc threats:

"I have spoken with my pastor and I've accepted my fate, I must be held responsible for what I've done. I've already told my family and employer of the situation. I am so sorry about this".

With that in mind these blackmailers will have zero leverage. Friends/Family/Employer "knows"...so now what? Again, not a ton of my info was compromising so many I'm looking at this from a different perspective than others...but I'm curious to the people who have been on this forum a long time...is this a valid response? Or is no response better?
#351330 by Bryon Williams Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:23 pm
Just ignore them. Do not reply to anything.

Do not answer unknown calls.

You may have to change your phone number.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#351359 by Terminator5 Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:42 am
504-457-1116 was previously posted as a MeetMe scam on December 18 on findwhocallsyou and on December 19 on 800 notes by 2 persons . Be sure to file a report on the IC3 Website . Help put these cockroaches out of business. Please post links to any scammer online profiles so we can look at them .

#351360 by BalancedMan Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:09 am
Terminator5 wrote:504-457-1116 was previously posted as a MeetMe scam on December 18 on findwhocallsyou and on December 19 on 800 notes by 2 persons . Be sure to file a report on the IC3 Website . Help put these cockroaches out of business. Please post links to any scammer online profiles so we can look at them .

Yep I added the second 800 Notes Entry
#352903 by Mikey55 Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:54 pm
Terminator5 wrote:504-457-1116 was previously posted as a MeetMe scam on December 18 on findwhocallsyou and on December 19 on 800 notes by 2 persons . Be sure to file a report on the IC3 Website . Help put these cockroaches out of business. Please post links to any scammer online profiles so we can look at them .

So for me this happened on a dating site skout and I was there just browsing and came along a girl Britney her profile said she was 18 ,
I said hi and soon after we traded numbers we start texting she sends me 2 pics of herself naked and she asks some from me,I just send her 2 of my privates and then she says to hold on she is going to make a video that's thats the last text I received.
Then Tuesday I get a call don't recognize the number ignore it then it calls me back up then I answer it's a cop or a detective from my local police department I freak out and he tells me that he has a very angry father and that they wanna put me in prison and tells me the charges,he tells me that britney is 15 years old,My heart feels like it will explode then he tells me I should call the father and explain myself to him and she if we can talk it over since I got a clean record and don't seem like I was stalking her from the texts I tell him her profile on skout said she was 18 he ignores it he said he was going behind his work and trying to give me a break cause I don't seem like a guy that would do this all this time in the background I'm hearing waki talkies being used and other people talking in police code so I'm convinced it's the police and the number is the police department from where I live so he gives me the fathers number to call him,i give him a call right away and i didnt get the cops or investegators number i was so nervous,anyways the dad pics up and he seems pretty upset and gives me a lecture how he hasn't slept and is under a lot of stress because of what I did he has a very thick southern accent and said his wife wants to turn me over to the cops and that the daughter broke the laptop she went crazy and that she gave the mom a black eye,after we talk for a couple of min around 15 he says that he will talk to his wife and see what they decide to do with me,he tells me he will call me back in 15 min and let me know,he seems pretty calm by then and tells me that he is the middle man,I wait 15 min then he tells me that they have decided not turn me in but that the laptop that his wife uses for work is damaged and if I could help out I right away say yes because of course they said they wouldn't go to the police and they I asked how much and he told me around 1000 dollars,so I told him I will get the money but I never asked him where he was calling from or where he lived,so I go and try to pull out money and couldn't pull out more than 350 all this time he calls checking up on me asking if I got the money kinda pushy I started to get a bad feeling like is this right?her profile said 18 she never told me she was underage til the cop called me and told me she was 15,also the girl in the profile looked a little different from the pics I got naked,anyways I was sitting in my car in front of the bank I was looking online and came across this website I was shocked how similar all these stories sound I blocked the fathers number which is the daughters number Britney he said he had taking it from her then I got a second call similar number blocked that too then the police department number blocked it too,next day I changed my number and still in shock I don't know what to think I'm worried,but have some relief all these stories are familiar, also I asked him where he would meet he told me get the money than call me back and I will give you instructions something about go to Kroger?
9126603189 Britney number dad took over
9122509807 second number after blocked the first one
7604354900 real local police department
Dating site skout
Britney white girl her profile is no longer up
Profile age 18
Please help is this a scam?
#352953 by Terminator5 Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:10 am
SCAM . Don't pay these cockroaches anything, report it .
Last edited by Terminator5 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

#352981 by Terminator5 Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:37 am
@ Mikey55

These are all the same elements of the previous scams posted here with only some minor differences

"profile said she was 18"

"soon after we traded numbers we start texting she sends me 2 pics of herself naked"

"very angry father and that they wanna put me in prison and tells me the charges,he tells me that britney is 15 years old"

"Then Tuesday I get a call don't recognize the number ignore it then it calls me back up then I answer it's a cop or a detective from my local police department"

"other people talking in police code so I'm convinced it's the police and the number is the police department from where I live so he gives me the fathers number to call him,i give him a call right away"

"daughter broke the laptop she went crazy and that she gave the mom a black eye"

"he says that he will talk to his wife and see what they decide to do with me,he tells me he will call me back in 15 min and let me know,he seems pretty calm by then and tells me that he is the middle man,I wait 15 min then he tells me that they have decided not turn me in but that the laptop that his wife uses for work is damaged and if I could help out I right away say yes because of course they said they wouldn't go to the police and they I asked how much and he told me around 1000 dollars,"

"call me back and I will give you instructions something about go to Kroger? "

"white girl her profile is no longer up Profile age 18 "

The Facts

Overage profile contact following with aggressive sexting . Later claims of being underage along with claims of fake damages , followed by calls from FAKE LAW ENFORCEMENT instructing the victim to pay this Fake Father . Almost immediately the fake profile is deleted to prevent any scrutiny . In several previous cases the scammers have used Caller ID spoofing to appear as if its local police calling, when in fact the scammer is overseas . Requests for payment are always requested using an instant money transfer system . Any damages due victims are for the courts to decide, not some FAKE FATHER, or FAKE POLICE OFFICER.

REPORT THIS BLACKMAIL/ EXTORTION CRIME ON THE IC3 Website

https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Blackmail / Extortion / Sextortion . Anonymous Victim Assistance

http://www.connectsafely.org/faq-on-sex ... extortion/

#353417 by Dominique Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:26 am
So around a hour ago a girl on the dating sight POF contacted me and asked me all kinds of questions about my self and I told her then we started writing on kik and she sent me a nude and asked for one back then she asked if I could show my face in the pic now I thought that was kinda odd since you don't gotta see someonea face to get horny so anyways she said if I send her a pic with my face and Penis in it she'll send me video's and pics nude now I only believed her cause she wrote my name on her chest and it said it was tooken from the camera so I played along with it but I noticed after I sent the photo something was off causeason her nails wasn't painted on the first pic and in the second pic she sent her nails were all black and she just got out the shower so I said to myself how can u paint ur nails and let them dry within 5 minutes and also take a shower so I knew then I was being scamed but it was to late
#353525 by Terminator5 Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:08 am
@ Dominique

Can you post a link to their fake profile on POF so we can look at it ?

Thx