Information on romance scams and scammers.
#345012 by Bryon Williams Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:41 pm
Its a scam.

Welcome to Scamwarners,

Stop all contact with everyone involved.

Block their calls or change your number. Do not answer calls from unknown numbers.

Close the account where you met the scammer.

Deactivate your facebook account for two weeks. Also all your other social media accounts. Change your avatars when you reactivate. Do not accept request from people you do not know personally.

Do not tell the scammer why you are stopping. Just ignore calls, text and emails. Eventually he will go away.

Do not pay the bribe.

Read page one of this thread.

Report it to IC3 https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#345021 by Bryon Williams Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:00 pm
Please do not post your personal information on the internet.

At this time I am not going to call you. Nor email you. If you receive anything it is not from me.

Read page 1 first post of this thread. Then you can read the other 76 pages.

You and only you can Pm if you wish.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#345027 by Terminator5 Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:26 pm
FirefighterStru wrote:Hi, I have recently had the same experience associated with the 424-200-2383 number mentioned in a previous post. The girls name was Jessic14johnson on Plenty of Fish first name Jessica. Her page said she was 19 and we started talking right away, but she wanted to go to text right away. I had gotten the same messages and everything, including the constant overuse of the word "hun". It freaked me out enough to already give them 500. I don't know what to do and I'm really scared, but I don't want this to turn out to be true. I've talked to her "father" and he agreed to settle on 1400 dollars. So I started the payments right away. I also talked to "Jessica" on the ohone, but she hung up after only a few minutes. She then wanted me to send her nudes. She deleted her account off pof and I stupidly deleted the text convo, so he has all the texts. He won't meet me in person and keeps saying how illegal it is, but he's a god faring man and believes that I'm a good person. He calls me once a day to make sure I'm not going to go back on my word and payments, I'm scheduled to make another payment tonight, but don't have the money yet. What should I do?

ITS A SCAM . DONT PAY THESE COCKROACHES ANY MORE MONEY . BLOCK ALL THEIR NUMBERS .

GO TO THE VICTIMS RESOURCES WEBSITE AND FILE A REPORT WITH THE IC3 . LINKS TO THESE RESOURCES CAN BE FOUND IN MY SIGNATURE BELOW .

Daniel 8 :25
#345245 by mgarb1 Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:27 am
Okay, the other day on okcupid I saw a profile had liked me naturally liked back said something along the lines of leave me a message with your number etc, I do. Profile states 19 or 20 I believe, randomly get a text a few days later saying "hey its Jessica" text back no answer, next day text again. Both have pictures neither girl looks the same first warning. Figured it was just a spam bot no biggie so I decide to mess around a little talking she's like yeah I'm in bed I send a picture she sends one then one of her in panties I ask why she did that she says nevermind just lose my number. I keep going eventually with horrible grammar she says something about sending nudes videos etc I'm like cool whatever stupidly send a d*** pic and ask for a video of her saying hey and making a kissy face cause I'm certain at this point I'll get the classic credit card blah blah, she says I'm gonna make it tell me what your wanting me to do I tell her she says okay I'm making it and never replies. Text the next day hello, get nothing back. Standard dating website for me is 2 texts then delete number text yesterday saying hey no response.

Today I get 6 texts and 3 missed calls from a number in my area code. Texts say I'm investigator dylan harper wanting to discuss an issue with someone's minor. Scared to death so I call back he answers knows my full name (I assume first and last from voicemail and middle from my introduction to the other number) says no charges have been filed but lists the laws in my state etc says dad wants to talk first scared to death I agree.

Dad's name is Mr. Knight Fayetteville nc area code, saying his wife is furious their daughter is 16 (other guy said 15) and he's using her phone to call me (the wifes) they sound similar but it doesn't dawn he isn't super southern but talks fast and says son and sir a lot. Often with pauses between sentences etc. Asks me if I'm sorry all that if I knew where I got her info from I'm like a dating site I'm a till scared at this point he says he is a God fearing man who works hard also claims to be 58 with a daughter that young... basically says he'll ask his wife about everything to reach a conclusion. Calls back 30 mins later saying he will pay half of 1700$ in damages but wants me to pay 200 a week till it's paid off and said he will call me Thursday to confirm payment. Says he's also doing thus because I don't have any of their Information claims his daughter won't ever have a phone under his roof and mace a big fight about giving up her phone.

I'm pretty sure this is a scam and I certainly hope I didn't ruin my life over someone being on an adult website as a minor.

Help I'm driving myself crazy
Since I apparently need to the numbers are
910 990 3001, Facebook search shows its linked to a guy in South America, this is Jessica/Mr. Knight
336 649 3480 is investigator dylan harper he ddnt leave a voice mail just called 3 times told me it was serious and the father would call me
#345330 by Tim Atem Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:33 am
It's a scam. Ignore their texts and phone calls, but you may want to change your phone number now that they have it. Follow the advice on the first post of this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=116974#p283120

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#345341 by mgarb1 Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:59 am
Tim Atem wrote:It's a scam. Ignore their texts and phone calls, but you may want to change your phone number now that they have it. Follow the advice on the first post of this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=116974#p283120

So you would say this is 100% a scam even with them knowing my information?

Already deactivated everything earlier though tried image searching the profiles pictures but nothing came up.
#345343 by AlanJones Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:37 am
It is 100% definitely a scam.

The scammers can easily find your information from Social Media and other sources.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#345394 by Roysmith Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:12 am
Ok so this just happened to me, some girl contacted me on a social media site and said she was 18 then later found out she was 17 and she had already sent pics prior to me knowing she was underage. Then i get a call from her dad saying he was going to the police for my arrest. Then i get a call from a SC number the so called detective wouldn’t give me a badge number and insisted that i worked something out with the father. He sent a picture of an invoice to a therapy counselor that totaled over $6k he said he can only afford half and that if i wanted to stay out of prison i would have to pay half. I’m in the military and have never been in trouble with law so of course i was freaking out. Also he wanted money on a GreenDot card. I searched up the number and it belong to so woman named sue Sxxxx in Ohio. Ive been looking the dad and daughter up but have not found a single thing on either.
513-260-9243 dad name was john g xxxxx and girls name was Stephanie A xxxxx
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: r
#345396 by Bryon Williams Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:18 am
It is a scam read page one first post. Apply the advice.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=116974
For members serving US Navy & Marines personnel, you can report it to the Naval Criminal Investigative Services as follows:

Your local NCIS Office can be foudn at http://www.ncis.navy.mil

Text "NCIS" + your tip info to
Crimes (274637)

"Tip Submit" Android and iPhone App
Select NCIS as Agency

NCIS Hotline 1-877-579-3648

Naval Criminal Investigative Service
Russell-Knox Building
27130 Telegraph Road
Quantico, VA 22134

If you cannot report to NCIS, notify your security officer, supervisor, or command. Per DoDD 5240.06, they are
required to notify NCIS within 72 hours.

Link to further information (PDF file) on sextortion produced by the NCIS - http://www.ncis.navy.mil/PublishingImag ... hure_4.pdf

https://www.army.mil/article/181694/arm ... tion_scams
Army CID warns Soldiers to beware of 'sextortion' scams

#345462 by BeeGees23 Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:17 am
Roysmith wrote: dad name was john g xxxxx and girls name was Stephanie A xxxxx

Was their last name “Wxxxx”? Or the therapy services company was SNCS(Sam Nabil Counseling services)?
This is the exact names I got Stephanie the daughter and dad was John
#345482 by tylorboi Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:18 am
Bryon Williams wrote:Ignore all contact.

Do not answer unknown numbers.

Report this to IC3 https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Read page one and follow the advice.

The numbers were most likely spoofed.

The calls continue...
He (Mike) threatened to contact US Customs to confiscate my work computers.
I changed my cell number, yet he called my office this time leaving two numbers, 8033572357, which is a NC number (although the guy is suppose to be in UT) and 8017961950, which belongs to a different person.
#345491 by Bryon Williams Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:21 pm
^^^ Stupid scammer will make stupid remarks and do whatever it takes to steal your money.

Eventually he will go away if you ignore him.

#345524 by mgarb1 Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:08 pm
Blocked the numbers received a call and a voicemail from Richard Knight saying things had changed and I needed to call him asap.

Is there a way to confirm these are fake numbers?
#345525 by Bryon Williams Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:19 pm
Asked and answered.
Is there a way to confirm these are fake numbers?

These scammers have used spoofed numbers.

If you are still in doubt. Please contact an attorney. You can direct him or her to this thread.

You surely did not read page one, other post or reply to my earlier link to you.