Information on romance scams and scammers.
#306709 by hatebreeddiehard1027 Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:17 am
Tim Atem wrote:Yes - do change your number. Ignore any further attempts by them to contact you. Make sure to give as much information to the IC3 as you can. All of the phone numbers, information of the people that you sent money to, everything you can. The more information victims report, the better the chances that these jerks will be caught.

Sorry this happened to you, but now you know what these scams are and hopefully won't find yourself in this situation again.

Thank you for posting!

Not a problem. Hopefully my story will help someone else. My only further question is should I wait till after I change my number to report it to IC3 so that they have my correct information?
Advertisement

#306710 by Tim Atem Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:20 am
If that is the only way you can be contacted, then I would wait until you change your number. Be sure to save all the texts and emails and when you report it, make sure to report what your old number was and let them know you changed your number because of this.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#306711 by hatebreeddiehard1027 Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:25 am
Tim Atem wrote:If that is the only way you can be contacted, then I would wait until you change your number. Be sure to save all the texts and emails and when you report it, make sure to report what your old number was and let them know you changed your number because of this.

Ok thank you very much
#306735 by Terminator5 Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:28 am
Yes definitely change your phone number and include the old phone number and your new phone number in your report .

Daniel 8 :25
#306754 by hatebreeddiehard1027 Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:03 pm
Tim Atem wrote:If that is the only way you can be contacted, then I would wait until you change your number. Be sure to save all the texts and emails and when you report it, make sure to report what your old number was and let them know you changed your number because of this.

Ok I've changed my number, Deactivated my Facebook, Deleted POF and the email account used for it. Should that be enough to stop the scammer from contacting me?
#306858 by Terminator5 Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:03 pm
They pick their targets . Probably wouldn't be possible . Its best just to leave them alone and post their scams on here . We don't advocate victims playing games with these criminals .

#306859 by hatebreeddiehard1027 Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:07 pm
Terminator5 wrote:They pick their targets . Probably wouldn't be possible . Its best just to leave them alone and post their scams on here . We don't advocate victims playing games with these criminals .

You have a good point. I've been reading some of the stuff on that 419eater site you sent me to and it's really interesting.
#307060 by 3245 Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:03 am
I have read this entire thread and I'm still worried that my situation is real.

I met someone on POF we exchanged numbers and out of the blue she sends me a picture. next thing I know I get a call from an Agent (803-225-2499) claiming to be a part of IC3 and he sends a picture of his badge which looked real. he says this girl is underage and broke a laptop and the dad wants to talk to me. I talk to the dad and we agree to settle it out of court and just pay 500 to replace it. I send the money through moneygram and the Agent emails me this email [email protected]

"Civil Settlement Contract #01
Date: 09/03/16

Mr Common and family are seeking compensation for damaged personal property. Mr Common swears under penalty of perjury that if Mr MY NAME HERE, confirms the settlement and is in acceptance and agreement, then the conditions of the settlement can be handled through a third party mitigator and the cost of damages have been met and that will seal all past involvement and allegations from which the agreement is binding, the financial certificate and contract are recognized and properly filed.

Total amount for damages: 1000.00 confirmed and reduced to half which is 500.00 dollars. Pending.

Administrative fee 50.00 dollars. Pending.

Damaged Electronic Property estimated value 1000.00 dollars, only liable for half of the total which is 500.00 dollars. Pending.

I swear that these proceedings were true and both parties are in agreement with the terms and agreement.

#Mr ***************Type your name.

Mr Common and family. 09/03/16

Witness/Mitigater Agent Douglas Lacey unit # 768.

Document AO240 / financial certificate submitted on 09/**/16.

151 westpark blvd, Columbia, S.C 29210

0011000211"

A week or so goes by and then I get a call saying the daughter tried to kill herself and social services is getting involved and he said in order to prevent this from becoming a big deal he is going to charge me with a misdemeanor "illegal use of a cellular device" with a fee of $500 and an expungement fee of like $24. I still have no idea if this is real or not. I was convinced this was real until I found this thread. I still think it's real because of how convincing the emails and everything is.

"From: Administrative Justice

Sent: 09/18/2016
Subject: Administrative Report

File Number 2016-01088

AGENCY I.D
U.S0390111
Your file ending in 088 has recorded a 142.46 dollar payment and closed your file with the expungement process . Agent Lacey is handling this case and additional information is noted on file.
Case Closed.

District Attorney Richard G. Whiting.
Judge Terry L. Wooten.
Agent Lacey unit 768
Case Number 2016-01088
Docket Number 2016 00**

151 westpark Blvd, Columbia S.C 29210
Forensic Science Communication

0011000211"

How can I figure out if this is real or not??
#307062 by Bryon Williams Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:41 am
It is a scam. Follow the direction on page one of the first post.

Idiot scammer still does not know how law enforcement works..

Any Law Enforcement Officer that would look the other way in a real crime and allow a bribe is a criminal.

No LEO would send a copy of his badge to replicated by criminals.

No LEO would use a free email address like gmail as his official email address.

Stop all contact with the scammer. Ignore all further contact.

(803) 225-2499

You can not settle a case until it is on a docket. It is all a scam.

Post all the information you can on the scammers Messages, profiles and links, every phone number and email addresses.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#307066 by 3245 Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:08 am
Thank you! I have another question. At some point this Agent asked if I had noticed any suspicious activity because when he pulled up my "File" he saw several different names under my identity or my phone number or something. He read the names and asked if they rang a bell. I don't think I did but I was in so much shock at the time I can't remember if he asked or if I gave him my Social. I literally just bought LifeLock but I'm not sure that's enough just in case I gave him that info. Any suggestions?
#307067 by Bryon Williams Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:26 am
A judge

Prosecutor

Mediator

Would not get involved unless there was an actual legal case. You will need to see these people in person.

The criminal justice does not work off the internet. Everyone must face their accuser. Law Enforcement is not a middle man in crimes negotiating deals.

The scammer was trying to get more information from you. He lacked some blackmail details.

The fake agent at (803) 225-2499 is not answering his phone at the moment it is going to a generic voice mail.

Post the detail as previously asked.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#307068 by Bryon Williams Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:32 am
BTW,

You may be able to cancel life lock.

Contact the Bureau's directly or your bank for free credit alerts and monitoring.

#307100 by Terminator5 Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:02 pm
Its a scam . No IC3 personnel or State Law Enforcement or Court personnel would use an email address like " [email protected] "

Nor would they use a verizon wireless cell phone :

http://www.whitepages.com/phone/1-803-225-2499
(803) 225-2499
8032252499 is a mobile number provided by Verizon Wireless with an area code in SC

You need to report this on the IC3 website

#307101 by hatebreeddiehard1027 Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:11 pm
I looked up the name of the "Agent" listed and the only person of that name I found affiliated with the FBI was a Data Analyst and hasn't worked for the FBI since 2003. He's currently what looks to be a business owner and lives in Virginia.