Information on romance scams and scammers.
#411293 by Shadow5309 Sun May 31, 2020 2:13 pm
Hello, so comforting to find this site, thank you in advance! I was on OKcupid a week or so ago someone claiming to be a 19-20 yr old girl, the profile has since been deleted or removed, I can’t find it. Long story short we moved to texting with our phone numbers, she texted some sexual things but no nudes exchanged. She then made a weird comment she was 17 but then when asked she corrected and said she was 19. I can’t be certain but I suspect this is the scam profile associated with it. Yesterday I get a call and a voicemail left from a detective from the St Paul Police Dept special victims unit about a complaint from a juvenile case and to call back etc. I didn’t call back or answer. The man then texted me the same thing. I called the St. Paul police and they didn’t have a detective by the name he gave me and they said it was fishy because the number he gave me wasn’t the police dept. etc..
I texted back asking for a badge number or credentials , he said “please don’t play texting games with me sir, i will come arrest you for solicitation of a juvenile”. He said in the text the lady’s family filed a complaint. I then asked again for badge number , I did a search of the phone number he called me from and it’s a pinger number voip. I told him I’m reporting him to the police , and it’s a federal crime to impersonate a police officer and I have his voice on my voicemail as evidence

This genius “detective” then responded “fu,$k you “. And then said he”ll report my conversation to the police.. so obviously this is a scam but here is this scumbags number in case anyone else experiences this. 651-689-4476

I’ve since blocked him and i plan on reporting to ic3. Any other suggestions?
Advertisement

#411294 by Shadow5309 Sun May 31, 2020 5:07 pm
Shadow5309 wrote:Hello, so comforting to find this site, thank you in advance! I was on OKcupid a week or so ago someone claiming to be a 19-20 yr old girl, the profile has since been deleted or removed, I can’t find it. Long story short we moved to texting with our phone numbers, she texted some sexual things but no nudes exchanged. She then made a weird comment she was 17 but then when asked she corrected and said she was 19. I can’t be certain but I suspect this is the scam profile associated with it. Yesterday I get a call and a voicemail left from a detective from the St Paul Police Dept special victims unit about a complaint from a juvenile case and to call back etc. I didn’t call back or answer. The man then texted me the same thing. I called the St. Paul police and they didn’t have a detective by the name he gave me and they said it was fishy because the number he gave me wasn’t the police dept. etc..
I texted back asking for a badge number or credentials , he said “please don’t play texting games with me sir, i will come arrest you for solicitation of a juvenile”. He said in the text the lady’s family filed a complaint. I then asked again for badge number , I did a search of the phone number he called me from and it’s a pinger number voip. I told him I’m reporting him to the police , and it’s a federal crime to impersonate a police officer and I have his voice on my voicemail as evidence

This genius “detective” then responded “fu,$k you “. And then said he”ll report my conversation to the police.. so obviously this is a scam but here is this scumbags number in case anyone else experiences this. 651-689-4476

I’ve since blocked him and i plan on reporting to ic3. Any other suggestions?

I’ll also add the girl’s number who went by the name of Honey, which by the way is also a same area code number and a pinger VOIP number 651-724-9650

I know that if I had answered the call or went down the route of having this extortionist continue with his discussion he was about to demand $
#411296 by Terminator5 Sun May 31, 2020 8:15 pm
Definitely file an IC3 report and you may want to change your phone number and deactivate any social media accounts that they have knowledge of .

Thanks for posting to Scamwarners.

Blackmail / Extortion / Sextortion . Anonymous Victim Assistance .
http://www.connectsafely.org/faq-on-sexting-and-sextortion/

Reporting Blackmail / Sextortion Scams and Fake Drug Purchase Blackmail Scams
https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx