Information on romance scams and scammers.
#287379 by shazzie Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:55 am
Hi,
can anyone tell me how to get proof that someone is a scammer?
i have done an online photo search with the photos she sent me but no luck,
i have a friend who i believe is being scammed, i tried to tell her at first i thought she believed me but i have now learnt she has sent him money and that they worked things out and she said he is 100% real.
i know the signs because many years ago it nearly happened to me i thought the guy was real but as soon as he asked for money i knew, i told him i had no money and deleted him, i later found out his photos were from a modeling agency...
this is the 3rd time someone has tried to scam my friend, the first time someone else told her it was a scam the second i told her but at that point they had not asked for money but this time he asked for money and she sent him 2 thousand, he says he is a construction contractor and has been paid millions for his last job but he cant get the money until he pays 3 thousand first. he says he is from Dallas Texas.
i'm so worried about her she was so stressed and upset the other day she feels she is failing him because shes having a hard time getting more money for him, she told me she wants to sell her stuff to help him, she said they will marry once he gets his millions and can come meet her.
i have tried and tried to tell her its a scam but she believes he is real, how can i convince her he is scamming her? i am very worried for her as she has been through hard times and also suffered depression.
any advice would be most grateful
thanks
Advertisement

#287382 by AlanJones Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:13 am
Hi shazzie,

The fact that he is asking someone that he has never met to send him money makes it 100% certain that he is a scammer.

Please post as much information as you can here, the name he is using, Email addresses, phone numbers, links to dating and social media profiles, samples of the emails he has sent, his photos. Hopefully, we can provide you with the proof that you need, to convince your friend.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#287436 by malu53 Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:03 pm
Richard Whyte
uid: 100010804578810
Studied at Blinn College
From Dallas, Texas
Single

#357938 by Honestgirl32 Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:22 pm
Hi I have been approached by Richard Whyte also. He claims to be from Dallas TX and a construction contractor. He hasn’t asked me for money...YET but I was sure it was coming. He was in West Africa closing the deal on a set of buildings he sold. I decided to google his name and see what I can find. I found this and deleted/blocked him on instagram. His Instagram account is richardwhyte7921
The phone number he gave me is 214-810-5267
Just wanted to warn anyone else out there.
#366120 by malu53 Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:56 pm
video and pictures scammer is using on instagram

youtube.com/watch?v=kkCWqGBmv2U

Image Image

Image Image

all pictures are stolen from the FB profile of Patrick Bartlett

#366121 by malu53 Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:58 pm
FB
uid: 100011440541182
Richard Whyte
Intro
Studied at Texas A&M University