Information on romance scams and scammers.
#287596 by DelilahBelle Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:40 pm
I got a friend request by someone who was supposedly a friend of a friend, so I accepted. Here is his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010098247160. He immediately messaged me, but I waited a couple of days before I replied. The messaging began like this:
Hello my dear, how are you and how was your night , I just came across your picture and it seems that i have been caught by your beautiful smiling face . I must say that you are so beautiful that every man would like to hold hands with you someday in marriage . Please my dear kindly write back to me and let's get to know each other ore better
11/13/2015 6:42PM
Hi xxx how are you ?
Please my dear kindly say Hi to me ok ?
Well my name is James Bruce, i'm from Stockholm , Sweden but resides here in Houston Texas .
How did my picture pop up on your page?
Maybe through people you may Know
But never mind
It's alright
I think there is a purpose for our meeting here on net
So let's try and know the reason ok ?
Please i would be happy if i know you better
More especially your marital status

Really ?
I can't believe this my dear
Are you kidding me
Well i wish is true
i got divorced four years ago
But i have a daughter
Called Vanessa
I'm a consultant Engineer
I'm in Houston Texas

For the next 3 1/2 months, he called me every day (using a fake accent), messaged me on Facebook, messaged through Viber, and sent emails and dozens of photographs. I thought it was very strange that he decided that I was the one for him based on a small profile picture, but he said I reminded him of his mother and he knows what he wants. He said he had won a contract as the lead engineer for a project for the Petronas company in Malaysia, and he took that as a sign that I brought him good luck. The first email went as follows:

Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_Part_6147847_1547781650.1447707238601"
Content-Length: 8554
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 20:53:58 +0000 (UTC)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s2048; t=1447707405; bh=8iSMiEWMvhoHdd2fugnZmGK0P17k09Oo9SnY1/DJOT4=; h=Date:From:Reply-To:To:Subject:References:From:Subject; b=EAxOorJnKFN+zvnYEC5LegsfDrma3NhZ/KUN2YJqQXvNuJZ4BZbd4AZ7TC1GnALIX8W2qwQA9nMRgj9F
4M6tV+hDQ+05dOyKYmxf8kMx7agz2FiJzvX9ngJjL9sh6lFB1+noANziuWj5rzsk56jSEeiJUrHyJ9Dc1qOA1Lrzc
ZF966/9I1DbrW1QuCq0woPi6g7K5N3YkK0RDmwUA6JEO3LtM8LO3q/wvXziDDZJwAM9O3TjLynAczugMiTR
dxZ6AnHtOaJP3k2OXdKsv3eE8jGDdaekAD+FITzHEgyBAFqv3zY/waYOPoSqjKDTIA+EC2rWogOglF4tDS8Uv
Yi74Q==
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received:
Mon, 16 Nov 2015 20:56:45 +0000
Received: from [98.138.120.53] ([98.138.120.53:50675] helo=nm46.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com)
by cdptpa-iedge03 (envelope-from <[email protected]>)
(ecelerity 3.5.0.35861 r(Momo-dev:tip)) with ESMTP
id 7C/30-30512-D034A465; Mon, 16 Nov 2015 20:56:45 +0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by nm46.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 16 Nov 2015 20:56:45 -0000
Received: from [98.138.101.130] by nm46.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 16 Nov 2015 20:53:59 -0000
Received: from [66.196.81.173] by tm18.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 16 Nov 2015 20:53:59 -0000
Received: from [98.139.212.210] by tm19.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 16 Nov 2015 20:53:59 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp1019.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 16 Nov 2015 20:53:59 -0000
Received: by 76.13.26.143; Mon, 16 Nov 2015 20:53:58 +0000
References: <922695366.6147848.1447707238605.JavaMail.yahoo.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
Reply-To: James Bruce <[email protected]>
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Subject: Nice meeting

Hello Dear,
Good morning, how are you doing today and hope you had a very great night ?. thanks for showing your interest and dropping your email address for further communications and I really appreciate so much,it's my first time of dating on line after my daughter introduced me into this site,please i am sorry if you were waiting for my message too long I was really busy.
I'm so glad to know you were interested in me and wanted to know me better,from that alone I can sense that you are serious and sincere so I believe we both are the same. Honestly I'm not here looking for a pretty or sexy woman,I will just close my Heart only for you if i truly become convince that you’re serious too as I don't want any woman to contact me since i will be serious with you if you’re serious with me as well.

I will like to tell you more about myself but where do i start from,okay.My name is James Bruce and i am from Stockholm,Sweden and I also have a USA Heritage from my mother side but presently living in the State USA,Houston Tx. i am a Contract and Consultant Engineer by profession,i am the only child of my parents Professor and Dr. Mrs David Bruce,I was married but got divorced 4 years back and I have a daughter called Vanessa and She is 20 years old and she means everything to me. I`m 6`1"of height 120 body size with an athletic build,mentally stable,physically fit,a bunch of laughs, warm, caring, honest, a good listener,God Fearing and a positive person. i am real easy person to talk to and a loving and outgoing father,I enjoy playing sax which I do often at my leisure time. I like going to concept or watching movies in my room,in Cabin with my daughter,I like swimming,listening to music and dance to any kind of music but not a good dancer,I sail,going bowling and also a good cook. i am a family oriented person,love children and there is more,but it would be better for you to find some things out for yourself.

I'm seeking for a woman who has good qualities in life,honest,understanding,mature,Inner beauty,friendly,caring,trustworthy and God fearing is more important to me. It is very important for me to build a life of stability, security, and opportunity for the special person I hope to share my thoughts,feelings,experiences, dreams and fantasies with, and to offer the best opportunities for any kid that might be included in my life,both mine and that special person children, and that is my focus at this time and I also do enjoy my job.
I look forward to know you better I'm serious with you and not here for any fun or play,I pray that God will guide us in this meeting and i am really interested in wanting to know about what makes you the special person you are today,I want to know more about your family,your background,your life experiences,past relationships,your goals and dreams, your interests and anything else you want to tell me. I even want to learn about the secrets you very rarely share with someone. so come on and share it all with me, as i am not here to talk to you about general things such as partying,the weather,sports, e.t.c. I want to learn about you and what makes up your heart and soul,as the friendship i want to build with you,I want it to be like no other you have ever shared in or experienced. this friendship I wish to build with you will be filled with substance,quality,spirituality,love,faithfulness and potential. Hope I didn't write much of a novel,lol.
Hope to hear from you soon. Until then have a pleasant day.
James

After he finished the contract, he said that he was coming to meet me and to begin our lives together. He tried to convince me that I work too hard and life was too stressful for me, and it was his intention to ease that burden because I would never have to be concerned about making ends meet ever again. This went on for 3 months, and he slowly and patiently gained my trust, then I received this email from him:

Hello honey,
it is very obvious that i have to explain to you what is actually happening right now even though I know that I have brief you early on.During my staying under the tunnel I encountered a problem which resulted the delay . this is what happen.
You know that most engineers work at expense of efficiency and good results,baby as the senior engineer I had to lead a team to the area where the refined crude oil where stored and made a routine check on the the galvanizing machine,I noticed that one of the machine is not in operation but with the what large metric tons of oil barrels being refined has being increased from 30,000 metric tons to 57,000metric tons being almost twice of the companies normal productive output.so I was convinced that with the level of our efficiency we have done an impressive work but also decided to meet the companies target which is 70,000,I also make sure that the workers would complete the target before this 40 days,why I said was due to the delay from operation of the galvanizing machine which turn broximate(iv)oxide chemical used as catalyst to purify crude oil,baby these chemicals congealed today And my Machine also damaged and is going to set me back before and this section is a very delicate one, it is suppose to be handled carefully .Sometimes you can encountered such problem because it is always on 50 % probability that the chemical can congeal DURING THE PROCESS no matter how processional any one can be and it is the the Engineer that bears the consequences by taking the responsibility if such actions is taken place.

At the rig,a criteria is needed to takes up mostly especially in such a contracts very demanding.The problem i am having now is that the PETRONAS OIL & GAS COMPANY urged me to round up with the work on or before this date so as for them to meet the world market demand. Right now I don't want to disturb any body but i have tried my best to know if I can raise any funds from them which they are still hold on my part payment but due to their company policy which I have accepted they refused to accept my request.at point I don't know what to do,i am not virtually going to lose everything that I already started besides my career.I tried pleading with the Chinese company who is selling this Chemical and also galvanizing machine to give me so that I will pay later on after I have Clear my check but they said that the only thing that they are going to do is that I have to pay for the half drum of the chemical and also pay for Replacement of new galvanizing Machine before they will release the full drum to me and new Machine .I came back to my hotel and started sleeping by 12pm because am really exhausted on what to do .
James

Following this email were a series of pleading (even weeping) phone calls that he needed money to get the new machine out of customs. According to him, the stress was so intense, he was having chest pains, felt like he was dying inside, etc. It was at this point that I knew he was a scammer. I had checked his profile photo with Google image when he first contacted me, and it returned with nothing, so I thought he must be legitimate, but after I began to become suspicious, I started checking all of the photos he had sent, and I discovered that a few of them had been used in other scams. Where did he get so many photos of one person and how did he manage to find photos that aren't traceable? He must have video of this person as well because he offered to chat on Skype.

The email address he used was: [email protected]

The phone numbers are: 60 11-3172 0949; 1447716075549; 60146748429; 601133135428; 445590045883

The banking info that I was given to deposit money into, or Western Union under the same account name:
Bank Name : CIMB Bank Berhad
Account Name: Mimi Rafidah Binti Harizan
Swift Code : CTBBMYKL
Account No; 8602328659
Bank Address : 227 Jalan Bandar 13 Taman Melawati Malaysia .
Noted AJ

I hope that I uploaded the photos correctly. Only one showed on the preview.

Image Image
Last edited by AlanJones on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity.
Advertisement

#287597 by AlanJones Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:13 pm
Thanks for posting DelilahBelle.

For the bots

+601131720949
+447716075549 - UK mobile number
+60146748429
+601133135428
+445590045883 - UK VoIP number

I will move this post to the Romance scams section of the forum later on.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#287599 by vonpaso xlura Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:29 am
Thanks for posting! The writer is African (there are many West Africans in Malaysia) and does not know what a metric ton is or what broximate is. He is a scammer. Cease all contact with him and don't tell him why.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#287640 by malu53 Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:17 am
linkedin.com/in/james-bruce-713782109
James Bruce
Drilling Engineer at BP OIL HELLENIC SA, Hallibuton sperry drilling company
Houston, Texas
Education: University of Phoenix

Summary
To use my entire intellectual , communication and physical skills in addition of my experience , scientific degree, studies foreign languages and computer skills, that i use proficiently to excel in the highest profile projects representing a world leader company in the oil and gas industry . I am always looking for continual improvement in all my career life .

Eight (8) years drilling engineer/ supervisor and directional drilling engineer experience in

Egypt field oil and gas fields
Suez gulf , Mediterranean sea , Nile Delta and western desert .

Saudi Arabia oil and gas fields
Gulf offshore , Red sea , Manifa , south Ghawar Khurais.

2006 - 2010
Drilling Supervisor / Drilling engineer
Belayim Petroleum Company (Agip/petrobel ,Egypt )

Sept 2010- June 2013
Directional drilling Engineer , Schlumberger company

June 2013 -Auguest 2014
Drilling Engineer, Schlumberger company

Aug 2014 -present
Team Leader drilling -engineering solution Petronas oil and gas company Malaysia

Scope
Shared in planning and supervision with relevant parties oil and gas well's drilling and completion for wells in suez gulf and all of Egypt fields includes vertical, deviated and horizontalv wells .

more pics and info here
http://fake-scam.info/index.php?action=gallery;cat=7269
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=51483
#287647 by DelilahBelle Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:28 pm
Who is the person in the photos and why is his image apparently so widely used in scams? How did scammers acquire so many of his photos? Why make up a fake Linkedin Profile?

He claims this photo is of his daughter
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Fixed image tags
#364387 by Mimiromyangel Sun May 13, 2018 10:35 am
Hi,

I got invokved with the same guy online dating just few days ago snd hes using many diff names e mail and stolen identity
Incredible
Simmilar story i wish uou could post the oic of his daughter with him
I have so much info on him i was digging all night

But deff its ssme guy make scaner
Let me know please if you would like me forward my info to you

Take care
mimi
#364537 by Mimiromyangel Mon May 14, 2018 8:00 pm
Omg I’m so bad w computers
Please can the administrator contact me reguarding this guy James Bruce I got lot of info and pictures text a e mail from him

He’s a scammer with me under Carrick Chalmers
I think it’s the same guy scamming women since 2015 or even before

Thanks
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Mon May 14, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Remove contact information.
#364539 by Bryon Williams Mon May 14, 2018 8:07 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Copy and paste the emails and text. Also post the email address and phone number used.

Remove your personal information prior to submitting.

How to post photo's >> viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219

Do not post any photo's with children or blot their faces out.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/