Information on romance scams and scammers.
#289161 by ZiraTeann Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:34 pm
I was contacted by a staff Sargent James Kur through fb. His turn of phrase kept raising red flags with me. He never asked for money or any thing but some thing didn't seem right. His email address was brand new, there is not much on his page. so I contacted the DoD and they believe he is a scammer. I did not find much on him when I did searches. I also could not find camp eggers as an official location throught the army database. He had part of the regiment information but I could not find it all or his name in the list of personal on any of the military sites.
Advertisement

#289209 by Tim Atem Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:13 am
Hi ZiraTeann. Can you post some of his emails/messages (remove your personal information) for proof of his scam and also his email address to help warn others? You are dealing with a scammer - he may not have asked for money yet, but he will eventually.

ZiraTeann wrote:I was contacted by a staff Sargent James Kur through fb. His turn of phrase kept raising red flags with me. He never asked for money or any thing but some thing didn't seem right. His email address was brand new, there is not much on his page. so I contacted the DoD and they believe he is a scammer. I did not find much on him when I did searches. I also could not find camp eggers as an official location throught the army database. He had part of the regiment information but I could not find it all or his name in the list of personal on any of the military sites.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#289391 by ZiraTeann Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:23 pm
[email protected],

Good Morning, I know you will be asleep now as I write...Hope you are having splendid night rest... I really enjoyed talking with you...you have been on my mind ever since we had a conversation. Have a lovely day and till we talk again lots of hugs and kisses to keep you warm. James.

Really nice to read from you ..
I'm called James
It's a cool Sunday down here, though i still have some work left to do.. I'm presently a very busy man. I'm a Sergeant of the Us Army, currently serving with my troop down here in the city of Kabul, Afghanistan on a peacekeeping missions due to the current war crisis going on here in the country.
I have to report back immediately to some duty, i will come around here soon as i make out some free time to check out for your message.. Have a nice day my friend..
You asked me to tell you more about myself...Well, I'm a Staff Sgt in Army section commander of 3rd Brigade Special Troops Battalion, 10th Mountain Division at checkpoint 91, on tours including Iraq and have served in Kosovo also, but presently at Afghanistan for peace keeping.
I enjoy doing things with my woman...My Dad died in June 2010...My Mom died of breast cancer when I was 12...and my Dad died in June 2010, my father died as a result of an auto crash,it was painful losing him...
Nope, I am the only child of my late parents..No fun here as we are in a war zone, My Dad was all I had before he died and miss me so much,it feels like no one will replace him in my life, he was my best friend and the best Dad in the world...

Hello good evening here, I just got a chance to get on here now, Hope you are good. I really missed talking to you, well I don't have any family, the only anut is in Turkey, I don't talk with her..I just want to have my family, a woman I can be with when I get back home. I do joke. I love my college. I am stationed at Camp Eggers (US ) Camp Egger is a military base in Kabul, Afghanistan. Located near the us Embassy and the president of Afghanistan. Well I wanted to tell you about my last relationship. I am happy getting to know us more.

Hello good morning here, I just got a chance to get on here..I am originally WA. Yes I love every body in my unit..
Here is a little about my last relationship...I meet Jennifer, everything was moving on well till when I found out that she was cheating on me with my boy friend and that was just few weeks to our wedding...
I have dedicated twenty years of my life to serving and protecting the dignity of my beloved country and the course I believe in, that hurts me so much because I loved her with all my heart unconditionally since then I have not be keeping friends. But now I want to love and be loved again in my life
That was suck, I am sorry to hear that..I believe that sex is what two people will agreed on before it will be sweet...
I enjoy slow or fast dancing, walking in the woods holding hands...candlelite dinners, travel, shopping and watching movies, and playing romantic piano for that special person...
I am an American..I don't like cheaters, liars, thieves, or shallow people. Other than that, I'm a person that likes pretty much everything... I'm VERY easy going.
I missed doing things together with my woman..I am a good dancer. I like going to a good concerts, some flea markets are not all they are cracked up to be....
How do you mean some of the things I says is different?..That is nice to know, I never mind teaching you..

Those are the most telling of the messages, and it took me several tries to get the information.
#289393 by Bryon Williams Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:49 pm
The scammers writing skills are of a West African. He was not educated in the Western World.

He also has no knowledge about the US Military.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/