Information on romance scams and scammers.
#292781 by Supsicious_Girl Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:18 pm
I'd met this guy who goes by the name of Charles Welsh who allegedly he worked for Exmar Offshore Company as a Geology Technician. He lost his wife 5 or 6 years ago and his has a 16 years old daughter who attends boarding school (no school name given). The only method that he has to communicate with his daughter is via email which is strange too because a parent should be able to call his child and speak with her at a boarding school.

I was getting suspicious when his written English was so perfect that I start googling what he was posting in Vibe. He claimed that he does not want to be on Facebook that much or do not know how to use it that much. Behold, everything he was posting was identity to what is posted or pointed to a scammer website.

The first time I alerted him that something about him is suspicious when he used different phone number, and I cross referenced them and noticed that they are VOIP numbers from White Pages. He immediately got mad so I waited several days before I contacted him (based on one of my friends told me to keep calm and talk to him to see what is going on). No money has been asked yet of me nor any bank transactions.

I want to alert other women just in case he is contacting other women and tried to scam them. I've received pictures from him and tried to search using google image or TinEye reverse image search, but nothing comes up. I wish I knew the person picture that he is using, so I can alert that person. I can share conversations and images on this site just let me know how to do it. I also have alert Facebook that is page is faked, but I got a respond back from Facebook that they did not see anything fake about the profile. I do not know what I did wrong when reporting to them.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Charles Welsh
Facebook Profile: Best Okotie
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010853104565

Viber Phone numbers he used:
512-566-7790 - current using
512-309-8254 - past used
Advertisement

#292822 by malu53 Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:01 am
Okotie is a common West African name in use in both countries, Ghana and Nigeria

add. pics of this scammer