Information on romance scams and scammers.
#70273 by bellacastle Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:47 pm
well my story started about 4 weeks ago said he'd found me while looking for a friend on facebook and found me!!! well ive kept it all going till tonite when he asked me to put in to the american army for his leave with the address to send the email to he told me a few weeks ago it would cost $1000 yeh like i have money to give away the email address is info-rescueteam@mail2army TAKE NOTE he even scripted out the letter for me to send but a lot of the time i was talking to him he did make spelling mistakes and the content was a bit mish mash i'd ask things and he'd repeat things like he'd forgoten he'd actually already told me so he must of been writing to more than one person and got mixed up, tonite when i asked him if i should get in touch with the american embassey in london as i told him i'm on thier mailing list cause i send a postcard 9/11 every year and they send me a letter of thanks what got me yesterday was someone hacked into my email address and my facebook account and changed both the passwords on them i was so livid i've reset them all now but it's scary i've not told him that i know it's a scam (in my sub consionsous i did know) i've been getting junck mail from africa for ages but never thought it went this farthe only way i found this site was i put in the address he gave me on bing AND bingo here we are everything confirmed THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! so gratefull
Advertisement

#70663 by bellacastle Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:24 pm
just thought i'd give you an update i blocked him off my facebook he is(supposed to be) lt colonal phillip peters i've reported it to the american gov that this soldiers id has been stolen by a scammer they have a facebook page us gov they are aware of this going on but because the scammers use internet caffes it's hard for them to catch the perps i think it was him that was accessing my email account to change the passwords to try and get into other things don't know what was meant by something else that happened a woman from poland came on my facebook and said she had got my name from him and wanted to talk dessreatly with me about him so wether it is him to see what i say about him it's a bit of a mystery she's never got back to me so thats why i think it might be him fishing :oh-joy: :=) i'm a happy bunny now
#70672 by Bubbles Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:45 pm
Good for you to block the scammer bellacastle. Yes, scammers do want to get your password and try to get more ways to steal from you. Thank you for posting your story.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#71461 by bellacastle Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:06 pm
lvgirl wrote:WELL talk about a major sucker. I unfortunately fell for the scam. So called Major David Harrinson does not exist. I sent $500 to his replacement Kenneth Clinton in the U.K. money that i did not really have. I am so ashamed that I dont have the heart to tell my family the truth. I thought I was smarter than that. I guess it just goes to show that there are evil people out there that take advantage of US Personnel overseas as well as those of us here in the U.S. I will no longer trust anybody when it comes to the internet.

they are takin us all for a ride in all the continents of the world believe me my girl i even kn ow a woman in poland that was contacted by this (supposedly)lt col phillip peters he messed up by giving her my details
#71462 by bellacastle Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:20 pm
that is areally good reply
asingingdiva wrote:WARNING!:

Here's what I'm convinced is a scam email I've received recently from (Capt. Williams Valdez) who I met on Tagged.com. He hasn't asked for the money just yet, but wanted me to contact: usarmysignals@adn about a satellite phone link up so I can call him in Kosovo. He claims the internet connection is so bad that it is hard to keep communicating with him that way and can't wait to hear my voice. Today he IM'd me to let me know it would cost me "Something like 439bucks". I replied "Whoa!", in which he replied "Is that much for high tension cable satellite phone n connection n calling fees ...nope isnt it is highly subsidies.

Here is the reply email from this so called site:

Thank you for the Inquiry, our service is to provide phoning and Satellite facilities for civilian and Military Personnel.

TS2 awarded a contract for the supply of 150 satellite phones to the military troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and the rest of the world. The equipment is intended to secure communication in the event of emergency and the phones will be provided to troops and consuls across the world. Diplomats frequently visit regions where no conventional mobile and Internet telecommunication system is available. Now they can use satellite connections ensuring global coverage and safety.

The satellite telephony and Internet system is aimed to secure mobile and Internet communication between the head office and overseas sites of the ministry in critical or emergency situations such as: evacuation of the site, natural disasters, breakdowns, communications with Family and Friends,local overload of terrestrial communication systems. They are fully reliable, because, unlike mobile phones, they do not require terrestrial cell sites which are not installable in some areas, and which can be destroyed by natural disasters, sabotage or war actions.

The satellite handset,and Internet selected as a result of tender procedure, is designed to work in just about any conditions – in rain storms, dust storms, searing heat to sub-zero cold, tropical humidity or freezing fog. The phone operates at -20°C to +55°C and transfers voice and data over global geostationary satellites that will be operational into the 2020s. Dust, splash and shock resistant (IP54), humidity tolerance from 0% to 95%.

Ts2 is the leading provider of domestic and global satellite access services. It has been providing its services amongst others, to: the U.S. Department of State, the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland, United States Marine Corps (USMC), and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
We would need the above information provided so we can commence the Registering of your husband's Sat Phone.

YOUR INFORMATION:
- FULL NAME:
- HOME ADDRESS:
- PHONE NUMBER:
- PHONE SERVICE PROVIDER:

MILITARY PERSONNEL INFORMATION:
-NAME:
-LOCATION ( COUNTRY WHERE HE/SHE NEEDS THE SERVICE):

Once you provide us with the above information you are no longer anonymous to us.(We) protect your privacy. We do not insist you to provide extra personal information than necessary.All information collected will not be used for any illegal activity.The information is what we are going to use to register you with our service..
Yours Faithfully,
Bash Andrew.
#71464 by bellacastle Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:42 pm
bellacastle wrote:just thought i'd give you an update i blocked him off my facebook he is(supposed to be) lt colonal phillip peters i've reported it to the american gov that this soldiers id has been stolen by a scammer they have a facebook page us gov they are aware of this going on but because the scammers use internet caffes it's hard for them to catch the perps i think it was him that was accessing my email account to change the passwords to try and get into other things don't know what was meant by something else that happened a woman from poland came on my facebook and said she had got my name from him and wanted to talk dessreatly with me about him so wether it is him to see what i say about him it's a bit of a mystery she's never got back to me so thats why i think it might be him fishing :oh-joy: :=) i'm a happy bunny now

have spoke to helina in poland and as i think she is cosha so i feel ok with her
#71465 by bellacastle Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:58 pm
these american soldiers should be saved form this absolutley useing thier ID for a rip off of people around the world there are so many kids need help and they are stealing it
#72396 by peh1965 Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:45 am
I had almost fallen victim to a scam. A person I had met on a online dating site posing to be a military officer in Iraq...talked to with for several weeks..and then he hit me with the ...baby my laptop crashed the Army won't help me out can you assist me....OMG I'm sure many fall for it. I was finding him very charming but at the same time I knew something was right...and just wanted to play along to see what the deal was. After he hit me with his request I contacted the CID Unit at our local Barracks( these ppl are targeting areas around Military Barracks) are found out that the person he was impersonating was killed in Iraq 3 years ago. This was the first report in our area about this activity however I"m sure there are many more who did speak up. The thing that did get me wondering was he slipped up early on and used his Armymail.com account...knowing that was not a military account was what put the red flag up for me. I just wish the media would assist in getting this message out there to the public. The military put out a warning over a year ago...but the "civilian" population was not prevy to it. I contacted many media agencies about this scam and they would only produce it IF I would appear on camera....needless to say that was not an option of me. I am concerned that this is not well known in my area that more women will be targeted. Thank you for a website like this one...
#72424 by Bubbles Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:37 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners peh1965. I am sorry to hear your experience with this scammer. Romance / military scammers do emotional damage. It is good that you have realized you were falling for a scammer. It still hurts.

I hope you have stopped all communication with this thief. Don't tell them you know about them as a scammer. Delete them from your contact list and ignore any attempts to reengage you. All he wants is your money. Nothing else about him is true. They are master liars.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#73276 by peh1965 Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:04 pm
Thank you so much Bubbles. Yes it kinda hurt at first then I just got very angry. I did all I could to get the word out to our area....via newspaper and media. I also notified the "fishing site" that introduced me to this person...believe it or not...they deleted my account...which I found humorous. I just wish more people were informed about scams of this sort...myself I had never heard of it before...but he old saying...if it seems to good to be true...most likely it not true.

Take care
Peh1965
#75829 by rosalill Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:15 am
Hello
The Army-homepage tells us how we can check out if the soldier is a real one by his e-mail. Try to send a mail to [email protected] If it comes back to you with "unknown address", you have got your answer :twisted: If you get a real reply from a living person, ask if he is the one you are chatting/mailing with. I have tried thet, and it works. They are so aware of this scamming-problem, so they will take this sereously. One of "my" scammers was a real person.....
Let put some sand into their machinery
rosalill

ps: would it help tracing them if I were online with one of them and you tried to find his place? ts.
#75830 by rosalill Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:18 am
pps: to check out the british soldiers, ask them to mail you from their military address. It should end with @mod.uk. If they say they are not allowed to use their army-mail, it is not true. rosalill
#76790 by Tiny tim Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:40 pm
Thanks to this site, I was able to put a stop to being scammed.It just seemed to intense to be real. When the phone came into play I knew something was wrong. Having family and friends in the military I knew better. When I questioned it. I got a story I knew was a lie. I have blocked him from my IM messagenger. and have his email going to trash.
#87905 by Kimberd80 Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:00 pm
I am so glad that I finally have confirmation that this is a fraud. I knew in my gut that there was no way I should have to pay $680.00 to speak with a solider. I really like the guy I am speaking to and it breaks my heart to know that probably everything he has said to me has been a lie. We met on my yearbook and began dating long distance shortly after. It wasn't long before he was telling me he loved me and that he wished we could have a phone conversation. He sent me the email and once I got a reply I told him I would have to wait to receive my taxes before making the payment. Each and every time we speak now he repeatedly ask me if I have received my taxes so we can speak. Really can't believe that there are people out there who would do this kind of thing. This is exactly the reason I haven't been dating anyone. I can't wait to tell him when we speak today that I won't be sending the money. We will see what his reaction will be.