Information on romance scams and scammers.
#94107 by Sadbuttrue Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:05 pm
Ok, i met "my guy" on skout at beggining of March 2012. Immediately, he asked if i use yahoo message. There has been no emaul exchanges only messaging. I did believe everything he said about having a son, coming back from iraq in 2002 to find his wife living w another man, his wife being an alcoholic and drug addict...i mean, y would he lie?

About 2 weeks into relationship he practically asks me to marry him saying in the woman of his dreams and he knows i am the one. I said the same juat to play along and see what happened.

2 days ago, hesays he wants to c me, he cant stop thinking about me, blah blah blah. Asks if he wants me to ask for a leave. Im like sure! Now i have a cousin in the army and one in navy. They r both married and in order to get any type of leave its a hazzle so i was like, yeah, hea gonna get it.

Well surprise! He was told that because soldiers are abusing leaves that the request must b made by me in order to prove that he is telling thetruth and is coming here to see me. Wow, really? The army will b lieve what i say without questioning and if it does then y is it impossible for my cousin to leave afghanistan (thats where my soldier claims to be) to c his wife and kid but the army will let this guy come c some random girl he just met online.

So i keep playing along, red flags everywhere. Im expecting him to say include ur SS#, address, DOB, and all important info needed for idetity theft but he is like, no, just say u r my girlfriend and u want me to visit for a month for personal reasons.

He gives me email address. I ask, if that was it he says yes. So im like, well whats ur rank? Sometype of id number? Hes like ill give u my full name and rank. Im like ok. Leave him talking to himself, google the address and find this site.

I never sent an email, though i told him i did (i think he is still checking the emails sent to him cuz he is like brb and that was like half hour ago, lol) and i have a feeling it would b replied w a request for money. I want to b lieve he is tellin the truth but seriously? The army is gonna accept a simple email from a nobody saying u r gonna b w me for a month?

I do wonder if the soldier thats in the pic he used is sibgle an looking...he is really good looking;(

Anyhoo,
Sgt. Devan west (csm)
Yahoo id: devan.west10
Skout id: dev
[email protected]
Advertisement

#95406 by OCRVT Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:38 am
FYI - According to MSG Robert McLaughlin on 101Date.com "How to Avoid a Military Dating Scam" ALL military personal are given a email address. Those address always end in .mil never anything following that. So remember it must read somethingsomething.mil and if a solider does not give it to you he is a SCAMMER. ALL soliders are allowed to give that email out :)

ALSO: The U.S. does not allow personal shipping to deployed soliders for security reasons/acts of terrorism. It MUST go through ports for the military. A real solider will supply you with a APO address to send him any thing.

Hope this is helpful
OCRVT
#97961 by Ryanloop Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:34 am
mwbemtff wrote:what is the facebook group name I would like to go there and share and find out if this woman scamming other guys.

:yikes:
Every day I receive mail at least 10 attractive women and always talking about this group on facebook, but I could never find that group of which they speak and have gone so far to raise money for a plane ticket to come visit...

unauthorized spam link removed by dotti.
#100009 by nandagraziella Fri May 04, 2012 3:12 pm
Hi Pia

Wrote you two e-mails with my private e-mail account: (removed - dotti)
on this subject. In the e-mails I enclosed you some photos of my scammer, as well. Just to see whether we are talking of the same person and wrote you other information, too.
Did you receive them?
with affection.... Nanda

removed email address-posting it publicly will draw further spammers and scammers. Users can be contacted privately using the pm system - dotti
#100932 by kruegerfun Wed May 09, 2012 10:47 am
Watch for pictures being used of real soldiers but not the ones emailing back and forth. Do afull header view, and copy and past in verify email. It will tell you where it comes from
#102705 by began steele Thu May 17, 2012 9:03 am
[email protected] was added to RS blog today and it gives profile avatar on search. I find scammer has profile here. I add picture for bots. I am unable to trace any more information on this scammer.
Devan Age 49. Morgantown, WV, United States
http://badoo.com/01201135912/

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#105037 by Grunt Mon May 28, 2012 12:57 pm
To [email protected]
Opened 2012/05/28
Location Frankfurt Am Main, Hessen, Germany (86% likelihood)
Opened on (69.22.168.131:33138)
ISP: nLayer Communications
Organization: GIGLINX
Services: Suspected network sharing device

can we chat?

Received: from [69.22.168.131]
#107607 by pwmom Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:14 am
Hello, my name is pwmom.
I have had army scam,s and the one with chrisjorden, also had a picture of two men in a helicoptor.

I caught on to him pretty quick, I even printed out conversation,s.

TY for this site, keep up the good work.

I will post more later.
#108024 by carr23 Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:49 am
I meet a woman and she's trying to scam me. This was her email to me.

Hi Carl,

How are you? Thank you for your email.

Let me tell you something about myself. I studied hotel management in Switzerland and have been working in hotel industry for 15 years. I worked in China before but due to my grandmother's sick, I back to Hong Kong to look after her. I am trying to look for the job in Hong Kong now.

I was born in a broken family. My mother ran away when I was child, my grandmother who took care of me since then. I didn't see my mother for 25 years and don't know where she is. My late father married again twice and I have 2 step-brothers. My childhood was very unhappy. I still live with my grandmother as she is 98 years old, I need to spend more time with her.

I like cooking, swimming, watching movies, and travelling. I have been to many countries such as Western Europe, USA, Canada, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and China. I hope I will have chances to visit Eastern Europe and Northern Europe in future.

I am single and never married. I don't have kids. I am an easy going and honest person, very straight forward and take everything I do and and say seriously. I hate lying and people who cheat. I like people who take me serious and the way I am. Sometimes very emotional when I realize I am being taken for a ride.

What do you do for living? Do you have kids? Can you tell me why you divorced if you don't mind?

Pearl

[email protected]

She's from Hong Kong and she's scamming guys
#112132 by dreamangel Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:45 pm
I too have had man contact me that claims to be in the US Army in Afghanistan he asked that I send a request for his leave to come home to meet me. this is the address he had me email the request to....

[email protected]

I have felt suspicious since we first started talking and I told him that. One time I told him I thought he was a scammer...that I believed there is actually a Sgt. Major Terry Wood and I have photo's as well but I did not believe he is actually Sgt.Maj. Wood.
I chat with him online via yahoo im and his screen name is terrywood317. it is also his email address @yahoo.com

Anyone have any suggestions as how to catch this guy if he is scamming people?
#112134 by dreamangel Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:55 pm
i wish I could post a photo that this guy sent me of him. I wish it was really him but I am doubtful. I wonderhow many other woman out there are getting the same photos sent to them?
Also is there a way I can verify if there is actually a Sgt. Major Terry Wood that is in the US Army and stationed in Afghanistan?

Thanks
#112135 by Dotti Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:17 pm
Welcome dreamangel,

For starters, I want to make sure that anyone who reads this understands: There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever. You are dealing with a scammer, plain and simple.

Whether there is a real soldier named Terry Wood doesn't impact whether this is a scam. The moment he asked you to request leave for him, he showed himself to be an African scammer, not an American soldier.

Individuals from outside the US military do not request leave (or anything else for that matter) for soldiers, period. Soldiers MUST request leave for themselves, and they are only eligible for it if they have earned it (e.g. they are eligible for a certain amount of leave based on time served.) Sometimes scammers will tell you this is a new policy. Those who understand how the US military works will understand that this will NEVER be policy--it goes completely against the basic principles on which the military organizational structure is designed. This policy is entirely an invention of scammers.

Even if the policy were real (which, as I said above, will never be true), the real US military would use official email addresses, not free email addresses (such as those provided by usa.com).

The US military (and many individual soldiers) are very aware of these scams, and the use of soldiers' photos in them. Unfortunately, there is not much they can do. They have posted several warnings about these scams. Scammers have stolen the photos from the internet, and have saved them--there is no way to recall them. In addition, because the scammers are not in the US at all (most often they are in Africa or Malaysia, where a large cell of Nigerian scammers is operating), the US government does not have jurisdiction, and cannot locate or act against them without the cooperation of another country's government, which is difficult and expensive to arrange.

You can see instructions for posting photos in my signature line.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#112249 by dreamangel Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:08 pm
I have given him a rough time about providing me with a AKO. I also have told him if I find him to not be who he claims to be I will hunt him down and beat him. Of course I know its impossible for me to do but I can at least say it.
He says I'm a a civilian so I don't understand how things work...LOL...and I said, what I am is a smart woman with access to information! :=) After that comment he disappeared.
I'd like to catch all the scamers posing as American Soldiers and beat them within a inch of their lives. I have visions of little Dot Headed men sitting around computers day and night in a room praying on woman in America.
The other thought is these toad stools are likely using the money that woman send to finance the war against our troops..... :evil: Shame on them.....I saybring our Troops home then Bomb them all and let God sort them out over there.

Thank you for the info you passed on to me. I will gladly send the pic's to you if you want to post them so others can be aware.

~D~