Information on romance scams and scammers.
#135962 by Bailey Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:41 pm
Hi have copied and pasted letter attached to form i was to fill in and send back asap:

From the transit department of the U.S ARMY, this is to inform you that your leave request has been Authorized to start with immediate effect according to U.S ARMY'S leave request policy and decree on leave and liberty pass.

Prior to your transit processing on behalf of SPC Frank Westly, kindly find the LEAVE REQUEST document attached, print it out and read carefully then provide the required information.(fill with black or blue ink)scan and send the document for the processing of the leave request.

Note: You are advised to follow the instructions you are given carefully.

Regards,

Transit Dept,

Then i received this next one:

Kindly find the attached documents in this mail.

1.POLICY AND INSTRUCTION

2.ACT OF STATEMENT

You will need to read and send an agreement mail to the POLICY AND INSTRUCTION document before we can proceed with the processing.

We will be waiting to hear from you so that we can finalize this processing.

Kind Regards,

Transit Dept,

US ARMY.

Am trying to copy all the documents mentioned, He has contacted me again saying he needs £200 TO GET LIBERTY PASS, BUT TOLD HIM I HAVE NO MONEY, KEPT SAYING HE LOVES ME ETC AND WANTS TO BE WITH ME, PLEASE CAN I GET THE MONEY OMG HE IS TRYING ARGHHH
Advertisement

#136838 by guinevereofmanheim Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:42 pm
I too fell for this scam! I start to suspect something with Cole Jacobs Johnson, when he said he loved me, all this just after one week of corresponding with him. NO ONE FALLS for someone on a dating site that quick. And that they never met face to face. But I fell for it. Only to have my heart broke when I googled Lt Gen Robert Gonzalez. Thank GOD I did not send any money. I don't have it anyway so they would not have gotten it. The picture this guy sent me, he was pretty handsome I must say. But now I'm just mad at myself for being stupid!! :( :( :(
#137643 by USArmyRetired Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:27 pm
Ladies and Gentlemen,

First I am new to your group but not to the scams. One of these scammer actually took one of my photos and spread it around saying he was me. A little about me, I am a retired U.S. Army Staff Sergeant. I spent 25 Years of my life serving in the military as a Combat Engineer, Watercraft Engineer, And Battalion S4 NCOIC (I took a break in 1998 or I would have been a CSM). I was medically retired in September of this year after being hurt in Kandahar, Afghanistan in 2010 while serving with the 82nd Airborne Division. I am a married and live in South Florida (Go Bucs). I will assist you in any way I can but all I can say is that knowledge will keep this from happening.

There are a few things I can tell you about the AKO (Army Knowledge Online) Email system (aka us.army.mil) If your name is John Smith and you are in the Army you have a million other people with the same last name. So the email would have a number following the last name like [email protected] this goes for all branches if the name is common. My name is not common so it is [email protected].

Also if they give you a military unit that does not follow these guidelines Company, Number, Type, Division (i.e. B Co, 4-73rd Cavalry, 82nd Abn) More then likely they are scamming. They have no working knowledge of the U.S. Army and don't understand Companies, Battalions/Squadrons, Regiments or Divisions. If you have questions do a search for the Unit they say they are in like one lady I saw posted he said he was in 72 Regt Battalion or something that unit would not exist because a Battalion is Smaller then a Regiment.

Leave There is no such thing as a Civilian requesting leave for a soldier or requesting a replacement for a soldier. The only one that can request leave is the soldier using a DA Form 31 (request for leave) through his Company Commander. PLEASE DO NOT FILL OUT ANY PAPERWORK STATING IT IS FROM THE MYTHICAL ARMY LEAVE EMAIL.

The U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Division (USACID) is well aware this is happening but unless it can be linked to an active duty soldier actually in the U.S. Army they can only make people aware of this.

Soldiers of the U.S. Military would never conduct this type of subversion tactics on any woman so please do not be upset with that actual soldiers. They are honorable men and women.

If you have any questions I will check here on occasion. Please send me a message and I will help you the best I can. Please remember I am a retired soldier, not a scammer, not a lawyer and not a banker. I can only assist in looking up the information to see if they are real.

I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade.
#140012 by sandylady Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:41 am
http://scamwarners.com/main//guestuploa ... MALVIN.JPG

Here is the link and picture for a Scamer name Malvin Jenkins, US Army Victory Camp Kabul Afghanistian.
E-8 Unit E07 Infintery. Email [email protected]
I was chatting with him and texing him and we were emailing daily, he seem to fall madley in love with me and I him, he said he had 2 daughters and the mother was killed in a car accident.
Well our love emails went on for a month or so and we were even talking marrige and bringing his daughter's here to the US as they were staying with a family member over seas.
Well he ask me to write his commander and request leave for him to come home for christmas, which I did and even sent it to some miltary address, well his leave was granted and we were so excited we were finally going to be together, well then he told me that I was going to have to send $2000.00 for processing fees to some miltart address for his leave but I would get it back and it would be refunded when he got there with me in the US.
Well when I told him I did not have the money things changed, and then a freind of mine found this site and showed it to me, I was shocked and heart broken , he had been scamming me the intire time, when I confronted him with it he said he was telling the truth and he still loved me , but since he could not be there for Christmas he needed me to do something very inmportant for him , he was going to be sending me some things of his to keep for him, which I would prouble have to pay postage when they arrived and I told him I could not do that I didnt have the money, I then decided he was trying to get me into something I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO GET OUT OF, so please post his photo before he scams some other lady out of her life saving .

Here is Email he was usarmywelfaredepartment@miltiatrymailbox,us to request for leave and to send money for processing fees was usarmy,[email protected] also this is the phone number he gave me to tex him 317-883-7315 said it was a goverment phone, also he was from Greenwood Ind orginally
Last edited by sandylady on Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#140013 by Dotti Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:11 pm
Welcome Sandylady,

I'm sorry that you were caught in a scammer's lies.

Just a few things I want to clarify:
Well he ask me to write his commander and request leave for him to come home for christmas, which I did and even sent it to some miltary address,

Could you please post the "military address" that you were asked to contact? The address was not a real military address. The scammer is not American, and he has absolutely no access to real military addresses. he may be using a free email address (like an armymail.com or mail2army.com address) or he may have registered a fake domain name to make himself look more authentic, and if so, we will want to get that domain killed.

It is also important to realize that in the real US military, you would NEVER be making a request on behalf of a soldier, and you would NOT have to fill out any forms for leave, phone, beneficiary status, or anything else. These are all inventions of scammers.

Also, if you could post the first couple of emails he sent you, that would help, as scammers often re-use their scripts even after they change fake identities.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#140035 by began steele Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:44 pm
Just to work your posting out Sandy here are the details reposted.
I took out commas and replaced with dots

I assume you are writing the details accurately so it follows that this below is complete nonsense and the scammer can't spell. It doesn't look like any conventional unit description to me .
Malvin Jenkins, US Army Victory Camp Kabul Afghanistian.
E-8 Unit E07 Infintery.

Here is your scammer again
Yahoo avatar and bigger photo
SEE SCAMWARNER POST "CLICK!!"
He is here too.
http://www.connectingsingles.com/user/henryblueeyes
I am a: 46 yr-old man seeking women, 38-85
Height: 5' 9" (175 cm)
Body Type: Fit/Athletic
Ethnicity: White/Caucasian
Religion: Christian/Catholic
Smokes: Never
Drinks: Occasionally
Marital Status: Widowed
Has Kids: Yes, and they live with me
Wants Kids: Someday
About me:
I'm basically down to earth guy, simple, loving,trustworthy,loving and most of the time away from home, right now stationed in Iraq but hopefully be back home soon, I miss my two daughters who mean the world to me. So I think that's about it for now till you want to find out more you can ask. Hoping to be a match.
I’m looking for:
My ideal date will be a walk on the beach,candle light dinner and stare at the sky in the evenings looking for that special star that brightens the evening(YOU)

I will post the scammer comment under the photo at the bottom. :mrgreen:
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=200104 - many links.
http://www.simplyminglingonline.co.uk/s ... ton+keynes
J_371590
Bisexual Male,
aged 48 from Bedfordshire.

http://www.promatching.com/dating-pr421 ... ers61.aspx
soulgivers61 looking for other half of me to love
Oklahoma, United States
City Mooreland
Zip/Postal Code 73852
EthnicityWhite / Caucasian
Religion Catholic
Age 51 yrs.
Male

Well Honesty is a plus. I have many interests but can enjoy what ever my soul mate likes... I would describe myself as being honest, sincere, respectful, affectionate, romantic, kind, compassionate, outgoing personality, easygoing and a good sense of humor
Dating Plans
looking for a serious and long last relationship with a woman that is caring,trustworthy,romantic,real,loving,reliable,honest and know how to make things right with his partner
we can discuss that when we meet

Scammer comment on profile above
Hello Dear,
My name is Annie,I'm tall and good looking young girl,i came across your profile today in the city of(connectingsingles.com) it was so interesting and i will like us to be a good friend,please reply me at ( [email protected] )we can start from there.
Also i will send you my picture,I'm waiting to receive your precious mail because I have something VERY IMPORTANT to share with you, which i believe will be of great benefit for both of us, so please try as much to reply okay. Take good care of your self,
and lots of love..Remember,Color,Language and Distance does not matter what matters a lot in life is true Love and sincerity,God bless you,yours sincerely,Annie ( [email protected])
Last edited by began steele on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 7 times in total.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#140043 by Dotti Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:13 pm
is it
[email protected]

or [email protected] ?

emails at militarymailbox.us are email addresses provided by everyone.net. Anyone can sign up for a free box, without providing any evidence that they are connected to the US military. It takes less than 5 minutes, and costs nothing.

[email protected]
emails at post.com are free email addresses provided by mail.com. Like the others, there is no connection to any branch of the US military or the US government.

Could you please confirm that the email addresses are spelled exactly as they were given to you? Many people who are suspicious of possible scammers will google the email addresses they are given, and if the email address posted here is not spelled exactly the same, they won't find this thread and the warning.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#140056 by sandylady Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:04 pm
if you have information on this Malvin Jenkins and his others named used , why can't he be stopped.
he is plastered all over the Internet in every single page plus.
He is scamming to many people, somone has to stop him.
Sandy
#140059 by began steele Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:23 pm
[email protected] . Etc.
We don't have information aside from what is found using a lot of experience and hard work. The best we can do is make sure he is widely published and as many of the photos are seen here. It is impossible given that he is in Africa or Malaysia. However I publish his frequent texts. You should post the emails he sent Sandy so others can find them. He is not bright and has limited command of English and bare education so just uses a text template and an inventory of stolen pictures.
[email protected] . Etc.
Well Honesty is a plus. I have many interests but can enjoy what ever my soul mate likes... I would describe myself as being honest, sincere, respectful, affectionate, romantic, kind, compassionate, outgoing personality, easygoing and a good sense of humor

http://www.maybefriends.com/dating/Outs ... 181335.htm
BOOWOO12 also uses BOOWOO
I'm a: man
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Star sign: Scorpio
County: Outside Ireland
Height: 6ft 0 - (183cm)
Weight: Pretty normal
Children: 2
Smoking: Non-Smoker
Drinking: Social Drinker
Education: BA
Profession: engineer
am looking for a faithful and caring woman who is going complete the other half of me .she must be kind, humble and easy going so that we can be able to go on for a life time

http://www.offsingle.com/userprofile.php?user_id=201
BOOWOO12
Looking for that very special woman to be mine

Well Honesty is a plus. I have many interests but can enjoy what ever my soul mate likes... I would describe myself as being honest, sincere, respectful, affectionate, romantic, kind, compassionate, outgoing personality, easygoing and a good sense of humor,am looking for a faithful and caring woman who is going complete the other half of me .she must be kind, humble and easy going so that we can be able to go on for a life time,looking for an honest ,faithful and kind woman who is ready to commit in to an open relationship base on trust without no games.I need a woman who is good and caring and ready for a long and last reationship,if you are the one please send me a mail

First Date : I will like to have a candle light dinner with her and we can walk down to the beach for a long walk,I will like to hold hand while we share about our past.

Interests : Sport,cinema,cooking,beach,camp,fishing,music,moutain,park and painting

http://www.myspace.com/247827935
Female
JANE
About me:
Im a hopeless romantic. Family and Friends are important to me, Honesty is a plus. I have many interests but can enjoy what ever my soul mate likes... I would describe myself as being honest, sincere, respectful, affectionate, romantic, kind, compassionate, outgoing personality, easygoing and a good sense of humor. Also, an attentive lister and good communicator.... Among my interests: . I have many interests but can enjoy what ever my soul mate likes... I would describe myself as being honest, sincere, respectful, affectionate, romantic, kind, compassionate, outgoing personality, easygoing and a good sense of humor. Also, an attentive lister and good communicator.... Among my interests: I enjoy walking, music (big-band, 50s, jazz, lite rock, classical and opera), movies, the seashore, fishing, mountains, short/long drives, Atlantic City occasionally, museums, art galleries, antique shops, romantic dinners and of course, quiet evenings at home. My favorite cuisine is Seafood (all types), Italian and American. I enjoy the Discovery channel, National Geographic, Action/Adventure, Dramas, Mysteries and the SciFi channel. Also must admit I am a news junkie (FNCBC, CNN. ) Favorite color... all shades of blue. I believe in femininity
Who I'd like to meet:
well.......i love to meet someone that is honest,caring,trusthworthy,faithful and has his goals mapped out for the better future......

Here for: Dating, Serious Relationships
Orientation: Straight
Body type: 5' 7" / Average
Ethnicity: Native American :=)
Religion: Christian - other
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Children: Someday
Smoke / Drink: No / No
Education: Some college

viewtopic.php?f=13&p=103732
[email protected]
http://www.waydate.com/profile.php?ID=66260
silveerichard
- 46 y/o man
- from Oklahoma, Oklahoma, USA
- English, English, English
- seeking a woman from 40 to 50 y/o

http://www.classifiedads.com/men_seekin ... 912462.htm
Donald
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/havelovetoshowu
Ethnicity Native American - With bright blue eyes :mrgreen:
http://www.nextwink.com.au/dating/member14097.html
soulgiovers63.
http://www.loveandfriends.com/M.asp?UNm ... e=luzia123
Derby, London (Greater) (UK)
:mrgreen:
Too many fakeprofiles and photos.
Boowoo12 becomes [email protected]
http://www.myspace.com/135871266

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#141340 by whywhy Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:55 pm
Hi
I'm in canada and I think I have been scam by the same as you
there is so much in commun
I would like to compare our photo and phone call as I have also them
Lucky you, me I sent him money
please reply to me
#141342 by TerranceBoyce Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:34 pm
There is nothing to gain from finding out the real name of the person who was scamming you. I've baited these people (pretending to be a victim and even pretending to be a fellow scammer) and I've got very close to them, and many don't even give their real names to their friends and associates. I usually give them nicknames (insulting ones) and on rare occasions they slip up and I can catch them out and get in to their lives.

I can understand how you feel and you are still searching for the fiction the scammer created, or to prove to yourself that he is a fictional creation. If you find the name or photos he used it will only create another victim who wasn't the person phoning you.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#141350 by TerranceBoyce Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:40 pm
I'm not wishing to be heartless but there's no way to sugar coat the answer and be honest. If you made payment by Western Union, the money's gone forever. The scammer is the friendly one who tells you nice things, but he is a liar and a thief, and he's only nice as long as he's stealing from you.

Anyone who acts as a warner, in any form, has a tough job, as reality is never as nice as the fantasy world scammers let you glimpse, but reality comes to all of us sooner or later, and those who undertake to warn, attempt to make it as soon as possible for victims, before the consequences become disastrous.

We all have dreams and scammers reach out to those dreams, and when they take hold of something to powerful and deep within a person, it's a tough grip to break.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#141408 by TerranceBoyce Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:06 pm
Probably not, but there is a slight chance and, you may have some information that identifies the scammer, or it could be the account of an associate or another victim.

Realising you've been scammed is a little like waking up from a dream and trying to work out if any of it was real. Scammers have time to prepare and to them it's an occupation and they teach each other the tricks of their criminal trade. If you have bank account details, it's a start and you should report it to your bank and to your local crime authorities. Don't expect it will lead too you getting your money back, but it gets it recorded as a crime - the first step. A major problem is that the scale and damage of this type of crime is underestimated and that's because people don't report it, out of guilt or shame, which ignores the fact that your only crime is to be trusting and for them to be criminals. The fault, guilt and crime as all theirs.

A lot of them operate from countries where law enforcement doesn't function very well, but just being abroad makes them difficult to reach.