Information on romance scams and scammers.
#308990 by Justyjc Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:17 am
I hace been talking to a rodriguez tommy smith who apparently is a luitenant of the us army ouin afghanistan. We've been talking 4 wks now, and yes es made me fall 4 him. Hes asked me to apply 4 leave for him. The email he gave me is; [email protected]. His email address is [email protected]. I feel so gutted and humiliated. I would like to kno if this is definately a scam pls.
Thank you
Advertisement

#308991 by Tim Atem Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:21 am
It is a scam. Only the military member can request leave and it wouldn't be through free AOL email addresses. Please post the email with your personal information removed.

Stop all communication with him, do not tell him you know it's a scam and do not tell him you posted here.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#309105 by Justyjc Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:43 am
Rodriguez Tommy smith gave me email; [email protected]. Wants me to appl for his leave. Not getting anywhere. Not asked me for money as of yet. He's in the us army s,posedly in Afghanistan. Pls I need to kno
Thank u
#309106 by Mike Wilson Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:51 am
Hello Justyjc,
I am sorry to hear that you are a victim of this scam. A real soldier will apply for his own leave.
Please post the email(s) where he asked you to apply for leave for him and be sure to remove your personal information before posting.
The best thing to do now is to stop all communications with this criminal and do not tell him that you know it is a scam. Just go silent and let him wonder what went wrong.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon