Information on romance scams and scammers.
#312713 by ibelieve456 Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:38 pm
[email protected]

I had just recently joined ourtime.com and he was about fifth person I had started chatting with. He asked for my email and I saw no harm. In our email exchanges he never replied to certain things I told him like I can't travel (when all he wants to do is travel). He asked me to deactivate my online account so that we could just focus on one another. I began to feel something wasn't right and started to research. It only took putting in a few of his lines to find this site and to see it is all a scam. I have reported him on ourtime and I have cancelled my account. Below are three of his exchanges with me:

First one just five days ago:
How are you doing today? You sound like a very Interesting person to know. I am not here for games or to play with your heart.I am too old for that.I am here to find my soul mate.It will be my pleasure to tell you more about me.Let me start by telling you some Basic but important things about me.I am currently on my way to Dubai, U.A.E for a business Trip. Due to this business trip it would not be possible for us to have a physical meeting within the next 2 weeks.Exchanging emails or texting would be the best way for us to know ourselves better till I get back. My job is a long story,to put it simple,I am a Private Contractor in the Building Construction Industry and a Certified Architect.Explaining the details of what I do would have to be in another email.I don't smoke,I drink occasionally.

I seek for a complete honest woman,who will come home to me,love me,adore me,a strong woman with a strong heart who will want our relationship to last forever,a compassionate woman,one with good heart and know how to handle matters,I want a lover not a fighter lol. I am committed to living life to the fullest and in growing as a person.Having fun is very important to me and I am looking for someone I can share life's experiences with and grow together in faith and love.My ideal match is someone who has a zest for life,someone who can laugh and have fun but at the same time, she most be responsible and serious.Someone with whom I share a strong physical and emotional connection with.In the long-term, I believe that it is essential that we share similar values and that we have excellent communication with one another.I love to cook all types of food whenever i am free but I have no one to share a meal with.So I cook only when I have to. would you like to have a meal with me? Lol.

I’m always very direct and straight forward, I am 6ft tall and I live alone in Houston, which was not where I intended to move when I left NY.When I came back to the US,I lived in New York for about 2 months. During my stay in New York,I realized that living in New York wasn't something I wanted to do any more.The best option for me at that time was Houston, Texas because my mom is from here.So I made the decision to move down here.The main reason why I moved to NY in the first place was because of my job.There are many other reasons but I will tell you about it in the future or in another email.I am a very spontaneous person. I tell you what's on my mind when I feel it and this has made me a very honest person naturally.I believe life is like a book,people who don't travel just read only a few pages. So it is possible I relocate for unknown reasons in the future.I'm also a very optimistic and open minded person.Being optimistic and open minded has always attracted people to me Naturally.I'm not the kind of man who base his feelings on the outer beauty or physical appearance.I believe in the beauty on the Inside because I learned long ago that it is much better.I will be deleting my membership on ourtime in other to focus on you alone and see how it goes. Am a one lady man.I hope you like that? I still know very little about you and would love to know a lot more.I'm new to internet dating,however I think you are a sincere and Genuine person.So now its your turn.Tell me anything about yourself that you would like me to know or maybe something you are proud of about you.I'm an Open book,so don't hesitate to ask me whatever you want to know about me. Bye for now.

Second one two days later:
How are you today? I arrived safely to Dubai UAE.I am so so happy to read from you again.You are so beautiful.You sound perfect.I apologize for the lateness in getting back to you,I have been trying to settle down and its a bit hot here.I've decided to tell you my life's story from the very beginning.My name is Pete Jean and whats your full name? I was born on the 7th of May in 1958.I am a Private Contractor in the Building & Construction Industry and a Certified Architect.

I earned my first degree from The Massachusetts Institute of Technology, in the United States in 1981 and my second qualification at University of Maryland USA 1983. My father was Italian and my Mum was from Houston.I am the only child my parents had,they are both deceased.My parents met in Rome Italy and back then my dad was a social worker for the Italian Government.We stayed in Rome for almost 10 years and then we moved to Philadelphia in 1967.My dad tried to pursue a career there as a professional antiques collector,but things weren't going to well,so once again we relocated to greener pastures and this time we headed for New York,USA.One fateful day in 1978 my father was involved in an auto crash which claimed his life.A few months before I graduated,while on a class tour to Liverpool Cathedral,I met my late wife at the University of Liverpool,she was a very sweet woman and I couldn't think of anyone else I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

About a year later we got married.We had our only daughter Emily.We moved to Houston due to work related reasons.Late into 2004 I lost my mum to cancer of the colon.This was a very miserable time in my life because I suddenly became an orphan and I felt alone in this world.I thought the worst had happened to me but the worst blow came in 2011 September,when my perfectly healthy wife had a car accident on her way from work.I've been a widower for 4 years now and although I have been involved in some relationships over the last few years, nothing really ever came out of it.I have been through a lot of difficult times in my life's journey both physically and emotionally but like they say,what does not kill you only makes you stronger.

My daughter Emily was only 15 years old when her mum passed away and now she will be 19 in Dec 20th.She is the Angel of my world,daily she fills me with joy and pride almost beyond words. She is a student at University of Cambridge in the UK studying Bio Medical Science with a view of then going on to do medicine.Although I said I do not pay much attention to the outer beauty,I do appreciate beauty and of course,I would prefer a nicer looking woman over one who is not so attractive at a glance but I also know that the prettiest people do the ugliest things. Intellect is a trait that attracts me to women. I have observed that pretty and attractive women rarely possess this quality.Moving to Texas was very rewarding for me in different ways.I can't really say I'm living the dream but I think happiness is actually something we give ourselves.

I just want to spend the rest of my life enjoying the fruit of my labor.I just want a woman who would be my best friend and everything.You know someone who we would still love each other more as the days pass by, even when we cant make love any more and all we could do is play bingo,LOL.I am a total package,I only need someone who understands the value of a good smile.I like to travel a lot and exploring the world is something I hope to do for the rest of my days.I cant wait to hear back from you.Would love to read more about you.Am going to get some rest now and I hope to read from you again soon.Thank you.

Much Love

Pete

And the last one received yesterday:

How are you doing my dear? I hope you are fine and I hope you are enjoying your trip. I have been a bit busy with work and I just can't wait to get done so I can come home to meet you.I can't deny that I do get a good glow on my face every time I see your name come up in my inbox. As for me.I must confess after reading your email I was impressed once again.I have a feeling I would be even more impressed when I get to meet you in person. I think it is time for me to explain what I do for a living. It is important for me to do this now because most of my expectations/aspirations is to achieve my goals in life and in other for me to do that,I have to successfully execute the contract I am currently working on.

I worked as a contract engineer for Robertson Group Ltd based in Scotland for 20 years,for the last two years with them,I worked in the Scottish Highlands, constructing one of the biggest Salmon production facilities in the world.I used to wake up by 6 a.m every morning to catch my chopper down there,I would have to work from then till very late in the night.I had two colleagues/friends I used to work with,Andrew and Brian. Andy, Brian and I used to stay at Brian's home in Aberdeen while we were working there,he got married for the second time in 2010.He found his woman on the internet and to be sincere they seem to share true love,he changed my point of view towards online relationships.

Presently I am an independent contractor of international repute (Self Employed). What I do basically is plan, design and supervise the construction of major infrastructures ranging from northern Europe to the middle east and to far east Asia.I also handle infrastructure renovations and maintenance.I sometimes dabble into supplying construction materials to other construction companies overseas.The present project I am working on here in Dubai is a contract to carry out what is called a turn around maintenance on two Biomass plants.I intend to quit field operations after this operations after this contract and continue future jobs as a supervisor from my home office,while I let my colleagues handle the field operations.My trip down here is supposed to come to an end in approximately 10 days time.International trips that are work related are a rear occurrence for me they only happen once or twice a year and are usually very sparsely spaced.I can go on writing forever but I have to get back to sleep. I am a christian and I go to church often. I also do a lot of charity works to help the less privileged. I am glad that I could get your attention my dear.You have a special thing in your heart and i intend to find out what it is.It could take a lifetime to figure,but I don't mind,lol. Please tell me about your ideology of life my dear. Bye for now and I hope to read from you soon.

Hugs and Kisses

I have cut off all contact with this person (whom by the way also maintains a Facebook page - but there is nothing on it). I have also reported and I am putting it on blast here. I am just glad I trusted my instinct to realize there was something not right. By just putting a few lines from one of his emails I was able to confirm my instincts. I hope this will help someone else from being preyed on as well.
Advertisement

#312718 by Mike Wilson Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:41 pm
Thank you for posting the information on this scammer to help others avoid this lying thief.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#321224 by Flinthillsgirl007 Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:08 pm
I just got scammed by jean [email protected]. He made the mistake of asking for money. He then called and the area code was Chicago,a nd he was supposed to be in Dubai.
He would never answer questions and my daughter said it sounds like he's just coping and pasting !! He sure was !!! Thanks for confirming he is pond scum.
#327049 by Goofball Thu May 04, 2017 3:33 am
I received the exact email from Anthony Richard Floyd. I believed the Dubai line because his distance on tinder jumped from 70 to 4000 miles, but it still seemed fishy. A friend used this site and voila! Thanks for sharing.
#362073 by leeswitzer Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:44 pm
I'd started receiving emails from a man - Alex Arthur (aka Alexander Hessian) or Alex POF from Wisconsin - on April 8, 2018. I was using a online "dating" site called POF or Plenty of Fish. The emails this person sent me were almost identical to what has been posted on this site. Some things were not clicking but I couldn't' find anything supporting my suspicions so when I found this website, seeing what Pete Jean's emails looked like, I sent the link for that to POF. Anyway, I thought maybe you can do something abt it.