Information on romance scams and scammers.
#4834 by Ralph Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:03 am
I am still gathering information on this scammer, as far as I know the scammer created the profile for Hot Lizzy very recently so I am unsure of the scripted emails that you will recieve at this stage, what I do know is that he (yes, I am quite confident that the person writing is a he) has a profile at plentyofish and also the profiles in these search results Click Here

I also know that the emails come from Nigeria and to be more precise from this IP address 41.211.239.246 Nigeria (Lagos)* which is an internet cafe here
IP Administrator
address: Direct-on-PC Limited
address: Plot B, Block 1
address: Illupeju Industrial avenue
address: Illupeju
address: Lagos
address: Nigeria
address: NG

She will tell you this

My name is Elizabeth Warren,I am originally from the UK but presently in the United States,Arlington in Virginia.I am 25,5:8 tall,slim,I like cooking,reading,dancing,traveling,sight-seeing and meeting people.I dislikes arrogance,self-centeredness and a snub.I will like to know more about you.I am the only child of my folks,I do not have any siblings.
which can be proven as a lie immediately if you care to check the IP as I did.

Here is one of the scripted emails you will more than likely recieve, this is opening the way for you to help with the transfer of her fathers millions which is where the scam will soon be heading, there will be a third party such as a courier or security company or perhaps a banker or lawyer who you are to deal with and pay money to, of course, any money you send will be lost but like all scams the fees wont stop there, scammers will continue to invent reasons for you to send money until such time as you stop sending it, when that happens you are likely to be targeted by a recovery scam.

good good good to hear back from you so quick,how is life treating you?
Its nice to know more about you,I came to the Us about 4 months ago so
i am a newcomer here and this is because i lost my parents in a car accident
early this year so i needed a change of environment and i opted for the States
because i believe that the death of my parents was plotted and masterminded by
some family members who conspired with late father's business associates.I
see myself as the next target because i am the heiress to my father's will as the only
child so i had to run for my life,although i have just 2 more months on my visa,i am planning on making a final return to retrieve all the investments and businesses which i want to divert to the US.So you can see who i really am.I work part time at the moment,its more of a public relations though.I am a masters degree holder in business administration.
As a result,i am looking for a serious relationship that can lead to marriage and my happiness because i am already a sad person from the beginning of this year,i want to find solace in my soul mate.Tell me more about you.have a great day.

Finally, here is one of the pictures that the scammer has stolen from the internet

Edited because I found where the pictures were stolen from, regular contributors here would not be surprised to find they came from focushawaii

You can see exactly where the photos are stolen from for yourself by Clicking Here

I also know that she will likely send you this photo

Last edited by Ralph on Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Advertisement

#5451 by Ralph Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:14 am
I recently warned a potential vic about this scammer but he has some doubts about my sincerity, could somebody please tell "R" that I am not a scammer, I expect he will be seeing this soon.

#5460 by Dan Jones Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:46 pm
I can understand the suspicion, but Ralph is one of our scamwarners and the warning is very real.

Please note that he is not, nor will he ever ask you for money; Lizzy will.

As Ralph posted, if you check the IP in the header of any mail she sent you, it will lead back to Lagos, Nigeria. If you do not know how, I can point you to a 3rd party website that can teach you.

You might also note that for someone who was supposedly born in the UK, she has terrible grammar and spells with the American versions of words. see self-centered.

You may also want to note that this site has been around since July, 2007 and its sister site (www.419eater.com) was set up September 2003. Check the member lists if you want to confirm this. Ralph joined in January, 2008 and has posted here over 400 times and probably done twice that many warnings.

Please at least take some heed of his warning and don't send any money yet.

#5462 by John DeLaney Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:42 am
Well spotted Ralph, another Nigerian love scammer trying for money from another victim.

If only everyone we warn used the same amount of caution towards the people they meet, as they do when we tell them they are dealing with a scammer.

All we can do is notify them of the dangers, if they want to continue, and lose their money, we can't stop them.

There is more than enough information out there, plus this site, if someone wants to throw their money away, after all the info we have, and what you have told them, let them.

Well done for dealing with the love scammers, I prefer the auction site ones, at least the people I warn from them take note, your job is a lot harder to do.

I wish you luck in convincing this one before he pays out for airfares/sick mother/children etc

John DeLaney

#5463 by Ralph Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:02 am
Thanks John and Newdonym,

The victim in this case tells me he is exercising caution with the scammer but believes there is no proof in the post above that she is.

In this case, I have little care as to if he believes that what I have said is true as the scammer will do as I have suggested above.

He (yes, it is a he you are writing to) is a Nigerian man sitting in an internet cafe, this can be proven by checking the IP for yourself, I have done it above but of course, you can do this for yourself.

The usually story line will turn to Lizzy needing to go to the UK to sort out an inheritance left to her by her father.

The scam will come in shortly after by her needing your help to collect the money, you will most likely be introduced to a second person, it could be a banker or lawyer or perhaps a courier and this person will be the one you are asked to pay the fees to, of course both lizzy and this second person are either the same scammer or if not, part of the same group.

In time Lizzy will do these things and "R" will then see that I have told the truth, he may even come back and tell me that but I dont care either way, there are many other people I could be spending my time on who will need my help more than this one.

My only concern now is for any future victims who may not be able to be warned as a result of my warning being forwarded as he has suggested that he will may do just that.

#5464 by Ed Williams Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:08 am
As Ralph has said, this is definitely a love scam. 'Lizzie', who is definitely a man, will try to lure in the victim, gain his trust and then start asking for money, seen it a thousand times before. If this person was legit then their IP would track to where they said they were, not the US.

Remember: If you didn't enter a lottery, you can't win one.

#5481 by Ralph Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:28 pm
"R", I know you will be reading this, if you need us to show you how to get and check the IP please let me know by either email or posting here, I will be happy to show you how to do it and there is no way we can manipulate it, the IP showing Lizzy's location as Nigeria< I would think would be proof.

I send out many of these warnings, the first is a scripted warning that most people will listen to and abide by.

Occasionally I get somebody who is a little more cautious and when I do I then point them to proof or ways to tell for themselves.

I am a volunteer and do this in my spare time and I have more than just you to deal with, on any given day I can send 10 or more emails to different people regarding scams, I dont have the time or resources to explain in detail to everybody I contact.

If you would like for us to show you how to check an IP address, please ask, that will provide all the proof you need that at best this person is not where she claims to be.

If you would like me to provide the details of every person I have warned about this same scammer, it wont be happening :wink:

#5486 by ChrisSmith Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:07 am
Total and utter Love Scam.

Listen to Ralph, "R". He knows what he's talking about - he's one of our best Love Scam Warners. :wink:

If you still have doubts. Go and search for his posts in this forum. You'll see he doesn't BS. Either that, or take copies of the scammer's correspondence and Ralph's warning mails to your local police and ask them who you should believe.

#5487 by Ralph Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:26 am
Thanks Chris,

Thanks to "R", I have been prompted to find where the pictures were stolen from, luckily for me they were fairly easy to find, scammers steal photos from Focushawaii for love scams more than any other site I have found.

I have put a link in the OP
#5946 by Ralph Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:56 am
Lizzy will tell you she is a model and that she is travelling for a photo shoot, she will end up in financial trouble through the company she is modelling for not paying her.

This is where she will need your help, she may want you to recieve money into your account, the money will be from a compromised bank account, eventually the owner of the account will realise that money is missing from their account and report it to their bank, the bank will know who's account it went into and you will be required to pay back the money

Below is one of her emails that you may recieve just before things begin to turn bad.

I am actually in Africa now,i got a modeling contract,I will be there for a week,you can call me on this number 234 8053 364 298 so that we can talk on when we will meet when i return,i will spend just a week.
Have a great day.

This email is where the scamming comes into play

The contract i came for flopped,i had the company sued anyways with the help of an american who is a lawyer here.The fact is i need to get back home but i am stranded as i have run out of cash and credit card do not work here. I want you to help me.I have contacted one of my late father's business associate in Zurich,Switzerland about the attorney fee and my flight expenses back to the states and he has instructed his bank in the US to send some money into my credit card,but its not work here because of the financial system which is third world type. I want you to help me receive the money into your credit card and send it to me through western union or money gramm so that i can pay the lawyer and also return home to meet you.I need Just the credit card number and the amount it can take.You can reach me on 2348053364298.I am counting on you.Have a great day.Lizzy