Information on romance scams and scammers.
#314574 by dr11 Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:59 pm
Have any of you been contacted by this guy? I know someone up to their eyeballs in his story and need to prove to her he's not who he says. Says he's from Norway, stuck in Turkey after failed UN mission. Claims a lawyer is holding his passport waiting for him to pay some legal fees. Has son in college in South Africa. Says he's from New Jersey. Sent her a large check to hold. Had her buy a special phone, which didn't work correctly. Asking her to bring his son home from Africa. I don't have his email address, as it's a family member who is in contact with him. Please help me with testimonials so I can do an intervention and stop the crap.

I have photos to add, but don't know how to do it.
Last edited by dr11 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Advertisement

#314585 by Bryon Williams Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:18 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

You have posted very basic information.

Can you post the emails received, email addresses, phone numbers and watermarked photo's?

Asking for money or gifts is a true sign of a scam.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#314590 by dr11 Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:51 am
Yes, now I can post the pics, thanks for the info on how to do that! I don't have the direct messages from him. It's a family member who's been interacting with him for over 6 months, not me. I'm trying to find other people who've been scammed by him to convince her that he's a bad dude.

Here are pictures he sent to her. I don't even think pics 1 and 2 are the same man.

#314591 by Bryon Williams Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:06 am
If you get hold of the email address, phone numbers and emails he sent please post them.

From what you have described your scammer is most likely located in South Africa. This is why he has a pretend son. He will most likely want money sent there. That is where he is located.

The UN would never leave a member stranded.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6527
Help obtaining a phone scam

In this variation, a scammer posing as a soldier will need your help to continue to communicate with you.

The fake soldier will prey on your emotions, claiming that he will be deployed to an area without internet or communication services and won't be able to write/chat/talk unless you help him to sign up for an expensive telecommunications service such as "Military TELEX".
You will be asked to pay for a satellite phone, service, or both. In some cases, you will be sent to an official-looking telecommunications company website and instructed to order the phone and/or service online. The website will be a fake, created by the scammer and/or his accomplices. Any money sent to pay for phones and/or services will ultimately end up in the hands of the scammer and his accomplices.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#314592 by dr11 Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:19 am
Thanks for the info about phones. I saw that on here too. I'm trying so hard to get some concrete proof to pass along. It's hard to watch someone you love get duped.

More info I have heard: She's communicated with his mother in Norway, and with the son in South Africa. He claims to have been accosted at the airport, where he beat up security guards and landed in jail in Istanbul. Hired a lawyer, who our victim has also spoken with on the phone. The lawyer held his passport until he got paid. When "Richard" tried to pay him, he refused to take the money and hand over the passport, so he's now trying to steal back the passport.

He was widowed and his son grew up in boarding schools. Son is now in college in South Africa but cannot get home because dad is stuck in Turkey and not paying his tuition. Son is working in a factory and trying to get home.

I cannot convince her it's a scam. I need help.
#314593 by Bryon Williams Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:29 am
We both know it is a scam.

There is not much we can do with limited information.

Either you will push her away from you or convince her.

The scammer has already mentally abused her.

This check will be fake or she is receiving stolen money from another victim. Sooner or later the authorities will advise her of the scam. If the check has not been deposited. She can take it her banks fraud dept and ask. Definitely do not deposit it.
Sent her a large check to hold.

#314785 by Bryon Williams Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:18 am
dr11 wrote:Image

Richard Madsen
[email protected]

Cell: 609-926-9943 (carrier is Level 3 Communications)
Home: 516-926-9943

Mother: Anne Madsen (in Norway)
[email protected]
Home: 46406688346
Cell: 441412802576

Son: Michael Madsen (in South Africa)
[email protected]
Cell: 011 27 (87) 5517049

#314984 by malu53 Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:07 pm
Mother: Anne Madsen (in Norway)
[email protected]
Home: 46406688346
Cell: 441412802576

++ 46 = country code Sweden!!! City: Malmø
++ 44 = country code UK, City: Glasgow <<< UK phonebook says landline

both numbers are not available, the Swedish phone number is constantly busy, no answer at all with the UK number
#315007 by dr11 Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:29 pm
Thank you for the info! I appreciate the time you took to look them up and help me!
#315144 by dr11 Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:10 am
Thank you for your efforts. I really appreciate the info.
#318867 by malu53 Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:18 pm
patience is paying off, :lol:

To [email protected] 86% probability that this location is accurate
Opened 6-Feb-17 - 48days22hours53mins16secs after sending
Location Lagos, Nigeria (86% likelihood)
Opened on (154.118.35.91:14696)
#319055 by dr11 Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:23 pm
Oh my goodness, thank you! Can you explain HOW you got that information? Because I know she's going to question me.