Information on romance scams and scammers.
#317813 by Sara Hernandez Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:31 pm
Hello to everyone reading this topic. I'm writting here because I'm desperate, I have a friend who is being scammed by this guy named Louis Harris. This man contacted my friend with the social network TWOO, but then he asked her to leave the network and start talking through Whatsapp. His phone number is +60164457096

He told her that he was a civil engineer from Australia, but working abroad at Kuching, Malaysia on a project for the United Nations.

After a month of daily talking he told her he had a huge problem, that the goverment was going to put him on jail unless he payed a fine of 200,000 dollars.

Unfortunately my friend didn't hesitated and send him some money to help him.

The thing is, right now she has a health condition and for that reason we can't tell her that this guy is fake. She just got major surgery and the doctor explained to us that it's important for her to not have news that could increase her blood preasure.

However we are desesperate, he keeps asking her for money and since she trust this guy and everything he tells her she could give him money again. So we are trying to rise our voice and expose him online.

At first we were suspicious about him so we searched his picture online and found out he is actually using profile pictures from an israeli celebrity named Shay Regev he participated on Big Brother 4 (HaAh Haagadol) , but because we are from latinamerica we weren't able to recognize him at first.
Last edited by AlanJones on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed unwatermarked image
Advertisement

#317820 by AlanJones Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:48 am
I have removed the image from your post. If you want to upload it again, please ensure that it is watermarked with "Used by Scammers" or similar, so that it can not be re-used.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#317943 by Sara Hernandez Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:43 am
So, to anyone out there. We need an advice.

This scammer is asking for more money as an urgent matter. Saying he needs to leave Malaysia as soon as possible, if possible this weekend.

So my friend is planning to send him tomorrow 500 dollars.

What can we do? We still cannot confront her with the ugly truth that "the love of her life" is a fraud.

#317944 by Bryon Williams Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:56 am
I am sorry to say our hands are tied.
The thing is, right now she has a health condition and for that reason we can't tell her that this guy is fake. She just got major surgery and the doctor explained to us that it's important for her to not have news that could increase her blood preasure.

If she/he is sending money through Western Union or Money gram you may be able to alert them.

If money is being sent by bank transfer you may be able to contact her banks fraud dept.

Her doctor may be even able to help with letters or intervention.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#335008 by Sara Hernandez Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:24 am
Hello everyone,

Just to update.

Gladly to announced that we managed a way to stop this "civil engineer" from asking for more money. We had to interfere by making our friend believe her phone needed a system actualization so we took from her the movile and blocked him. Obviously he tried to contact her again, but we start sending her some clues of what might be really happening.
It was really hard for her to believe it, but she never talked about "his boyfriend" after what happened.
Maybe we were a little cruel, but there was no other way.

Just to let everyone know that I found he keeps making scamms with the same name and same story. Don't know if are the same pictures but it really makes me angry to know this kind of persons DO exist.