Information on romance scams and scammers.
#321683 by Mstys2017 Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:29 am
Hi, I am new here. Ms.T I am. I meet a guy on a dating site Tagged 11/2016, who claims he is in the Navy, widower with 3 kids and is from Lexington KY, going by the name Walter Weaver ( no middle name). He claims that he is ready for a wife and that he is very Godly, also he was deployed in January 2017. I have been corresponding with him using kik. He has sent pictures of himself, kids and a video of himself but he is not talking, (I taken that as he has an accent). He also is fluent with German language and writing. He also claims that he was born in America but was raised in Germany until he was 14 and came back to America. His father was never in the military (I thought was strange) he claims that his two sons are in Lexington KY and his daughter lives in Siri Lanka. Three mos of talking to this guy he tells me this story that he found out that his brother is in prison in China and just so happens he is deployed in China also. He claims that he got permission from his captain to go ashore to the prison to visit the brotherand that the prison only allows visitors at night. He is claiming that he could not see the brother (of course not) because he needs to pay to see his brother, $1,000 in American money and that's where I come in, I either can give him the money or he can have the money transferred from his account to my account, or I can go open an account in my name for him to use. So far I have not done anything that he has asked bc there are too many red flags and now he is trying to give me his life story which is different from the previous story he also has admitted that he does have an accent and its german, he is still claiming that he is in the US Navy and that he is an engineer IT. I asked him why not contact the UN to help him with his brother he says there is to much red tape, but i think that its stupid of him to think that I would believe that a $1,000 will free his brother (SMH). I feel that he is trying to scam me, I am not sure that Walter is his real first name, his uniform shows last name Weaver. He has not wavered from his story at all. I have accused him of being a scammer and a liar and he still insists that is not who he is, but still asks for me to help him to free his brother. I can't help him, for I feel that its a scam. Can someone help me with this?
Advertisement

#321686 by Bryon Williams Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:39 am
Welcome to Scamwarners,

He is 100% a scammer.

Please post his user profile and any email address you have from him.

It will also be helpful if you can post the messages he sent you minus your personal information.

He is working two scams on you.

1. He wants to steal your money.

2. He wants you to receive stolen money from other victims into your bank account.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/