Information on romance scams and scammers.
#41301 by maddymiller Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:53 pm
Hi further to my last message re-US Army Leave
the guy i met told me his name was MARK BOERS , age 50 from Pennsylvania , that he was a widower
with a 14 yr old son .
His rank was a Major and that he had served in the Army for 27yrs
After his posting in Afghanistan , he was up for retirement & had plans to go into business .
He used this address for chatting online - [email protected]
he gave me 2 mob no's to txt him on - 07770807679
+447508529652
he asked me to buy a top-up , when i went to the vodaphone store , i was not allowed to buy this as they told me that the phone was not registered in his name .
He is linked to facebook from the yahoo addy .
I have reported him to the dating agency here in the UK
his profile name on there is - nice20
I have deleted him from my contacts
I hope that he didnt manage to dupe too many people ?
Maddy Miller
Advertisement

#41317 by kiwilady Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:30 am
hi please help, Ive met this guy on line He says hes in the Us army currently in Afganistan, anyway the man of my dreams, don't know if its because he's American or not , I'm from New Zealand.. he has sent me photo's of himself, and daughter, his name on his uniform is the name he gave me but how do I know if this is true and not a dream???? His name is Captain Yance Monsanto, also he asked me to send an email to [email protected] fr him to get leave so he could come to nz..... please help........
#41319 by Dotti Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:47 am
also he asked me to send an email to [email protected] fr him to get leave so he could come to nz.

I wish I had better news for you, but that statement alone means there is absolutely no doubt that he is an African scammer.

Outside people cannot get leave for military personnel. Only the soldier himself can request leave, and he can only get leave if he has earned it. Wives, girlfriends, and family members CANNOT request leave for a soldier UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Also, there are no fees for leave.

In addition, @rescueteam.com emails are not affiliated with the US miiltary in any way. Any email address @rescueteam.com is a free email from mail.com. It's no different than a free yahoo or gmail email. The US military does not conduct business using free email addresses.

The photos he sent you are not him. They are photos of a real soldier that your scammer stole from somewhere online. He does not know the real soldier at all (the real soldier is very possibly married). The man who has been emailing to you is a young African man who very likely has never set foot in the US.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#41320 by kiwilady Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:56 am
omg that is so nasty to play with peoples emotions ggrrrrr,, why would people do this?? its so cruel, anyway I did the search on the ip address and it came up in US !! what does this mean please
#41327 by Dotti Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:29 am
There are 3 possible reasons for the US IP address:

1) you looked up the wrong IP address (not the originating)
2) He is using an email that doesn't reveal the original IP such as gmail (which doesn't show originating IP but will always show google's headquarters in Mountain View, California), or yahoo with the NNFMP protocol (which will most likely show Sunnyvale, California)
3) He is using a proxy server (many are US based)

Could you please post the headers of an email from this scammer, along with some of his early emails and any emails around the leave request? These will be scripts that will likely be reused even after he changes names--so having them posted can help others to avoid being scammed.

#41369 by kiwilady Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:14 am
hi this is the lastest email I recieved today

To:
Sent: Sat, 27 November, 2010 7:27:56 PM
Subject: Re: miner'sHi

sweetest heart,
it has been crazy here with my new mission and i am almost through...i happen to be sending this mail as an emergency as i believe you might be wondering what has happened to your beloved....i appreciate all your mails and would have loved to reply all just to show you how much i miss you.....but i;ll find time latest tomorrow to talk to my babygirl....i hope you are now feeling better?i saw the leave request you forwarded...baby as i told you earlier you are a brilliant and intelligent woman... i like the way you wrote it..with the way you wrote that request and with the hard work i have been doing here ....i have this conviction that i will hold you in my arms soon and kiss your mouth and lips and tell you how much i love you.....dont worry baby i'll send you your poems later ok ?bye honey.
yours baby,
yance
#41370 by kiwilady Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:29 am
this is the From Monsanto Yance Sun Nov 28 04:40:06 2010
X-Apparently-To: via 98.136.183.32; Sat, 27 Nov 2010 20:40:07 -0800
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received-SPF: none (mta1151.mail.mud.yahoo.com: domain of [email protected] does not designate permitted sender hosts)
X-YMailISG: jxtLAUwcZAq0Wr5r8Vdh6zsy6m48uxPAICA9.W7mpOZn08yx
OybC4vh4Mm8rW5XKkfqfw1okdj72kDMHrfGDDkBTTK3xZsVZHh.7zSVGUbq1
z8JfiIRBBbakwcm7oOfj8kB.9e2Y8nNFas1J0.z8ZSso1LOdDeQPj5rJLhZy
ELJ5GUYXOc4xiL_n2uQ3qEZA1ZZcw0iW6owowD8H0Mp4PeJ0DzTZ_OKFcHCz
x4qOHqRdPoSTk9DMtA60k0VLtvFhUa_QlVM.lW0SSYlvTj8xP4_IgI5b3Byc
2MiF4fUKv7HyYjk6zfrL80XK2FYQ.3jluNEUIeXAdygSca4_2WD9h.A1yR4Y
on0MjqkswNq9Cp0bPHgnWO.oJuScBY5muhSkwJlvukM8uoS8Lfq9umEU9f2b
OnFJO0IpSO4kJkhGFLHN_8bn0QOrtUQIGD78Ne_WGoDPWrbRJeXbQvWRvHMl
..5YNl.OCryc_qu2zQ8h1CWFJ5svLvroaRqaOf3KKaEv97y2IZumINnewKGa
un2ERmLJoBJTRWU9SgmOUiAfiXc6TqXxLsdNWR13x_sq8dib63uaPoGjTTPe
FCx3qFRNhnL7fHusepzsdvV8PKCTToP5S4.DGCn66G9K85pcN5Lz7_VycVR0
CZB2taho.uYB3YNx.9W6KVDYiPLWYifr36POMfRjf4ZNQCrrfJ2OostriV.b
WJ7tpe5cRB6jYOAq74zd1aiEFW0zDiRbycc1FU10GdVg.OHwQnDPxEmEtiz4
NhPPkQ11zpu2Meib9tcJPIlMPYYJ4thG5arlTIDMWEXv37LdejQsIsGHmQxZ
gsrSnTMAP8zNv0vY9IrWCrzSMg0ikVqlgFBbakJEW1eUrBBEpmgMFOhOwlfM
aZEqVRYWFW8xDSR9hPYvsUpVG2Jcxnsi1LfPra1bnvZdcgzew6G3_m1py5DH
258EVJCozPdaMLDnGhYqCcG9o6n9uXNbDB0slyyvqv0qnZSBbP4fMEbnmx7J
U12EKRc2FCvEwKnVdsAa5_.amB7TwO58CBuCHGxllsMxcUrOPk5FCqN7iYnb
SpSzhR4on9MRwNviW96iOvTVgnF_uVAM5rWsMwxdoFDvtpO3KueJ3MsCTnd3
r_1AXcshT5RASyUSAudXmPJXuSRHb8FTPXA1azYk9BghsKWAFPxkjPIOnoMQ
X-Originating-IP: [76.13.11.64]
Authentication-Results: mta1151.mail.mud.yahoo.com from=yahoo.com; domainkeys=pass (ok); from=yahoo.com; dkim=pass (ok)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (HELO web65807.mail.ac4.yahoo.com) (76.13.11.64)
by mta1151.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; Sat, 27 Nov 2010 20:40:07 -0800
Received: (qmail 95623 invoked by uid 60001); 28 Nov 2010 04:40:06 -0000
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1290919206; bh=uMTaS0FteqtM6V5Sqe8GTKC3qrcejbOWt4708vy6eMg=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=w8gSm1Yu5Ojpe5JKk5sFEcZvUoS8wkfe20i5XvIu8paQIjKjR0YHTdPRwI42jOUM0e93kR0G9cDw9dtm5azFh26SACtUXFrINLmlGS8CS6ry8PmZa4OVjiFx0n5eJNmHVtvF3h6Lhb4+urTTcxp6cb57So6RVcsSIV1XJBPjqlg=
DomainKey-Signature:a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;
h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;
b=G/6c85Ye2u3LOMmkBE06CPWbp7eRQj0k6Vt+qDpx0ndLmqtmT5eoLUJ0Y7zhXxgPJ8p7GrWiIWAcbDOvsYwVEbDu321x9xCdeCEb70+HOpI8uov/Q7JcrulPpZegAu2bDjNl1qUdv9VkoUKh5Wb7vLL9Vh2izp6/WSAAOj9Pg5Y=;
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-YMail-OSG: Y2.XzSEVM1kdRB5lv8c8xW8DMoy9AkoY_jI.2IWtM_SNL8D
5V4dthYJX4RRKj_Ot0y7Rle7gHpzNnNWIr9h4Uekt1cE6qrJBMz3w4KZzo28
qAbqIouJPdGvb2KzF1lZn.DIQn9FEKzb9pTkuJHJVQtOAuDo9APd1dXj7JqC
yn_5up9C4QM7fk7Ak1pJ31VGdbYHl80aJXXOlve39HwxqNsc5iBgSyGGJb9y
X8ARniLvZyi.4xQraKimTJEwDTmuu.OBCgpTSM4sUia3Gd6iVX2whzOFe4Fb
HJl2LJwDa4JdO5j7Z2J9zZk_XKBs-
Received: from [212.42.236.140] by web65807.mail.ac4.yahoo.com via HTTP; Sat, 27 Nov 2010 20:40:06 PST
X-Mailer: YahooMailClassic/11.4.9 YahooMailWebService/0.8.107.285259
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 20:40:06 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: miner'sHi
To: removed by dotti
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-25611544-1290919206=:87858"
Content-Length: 4781ip address???thankyou
#41374 by Mac Ramses Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:34 am
IP: 212.42.236.140 [torproject.org.all.de] (TOR Exit Router)

Basically it's a proxy which the sender is using to hide their real location.

I am the son, begotten by Ra
#41382 by snapmech Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:30 am
regarding sgt john calderon he now goes by the name michael lingo so beware he finally asked me for money for his transit leave i never gave it to him i told him i know he is a scammer he got mad i have blocked him and reported him to facebook .
snapmech
#41387 by delm Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:44 pm
OMG, i cannot believe what i've read from you ladies, and i especially cannot believe that i fell for it. I have been talking to this guy for 4mo. now and he did ask me to write a us transit leave request to his boss, which i did and even filled out the form and sent it back. Needless to say, I went all the way.The sad part of it is, is that i already have sent him some money, and to make the long story short, he was supposed to come this weekend and I have already made all the arrangements for him, but lo and behold, i get an e-mail from a doctor at [email protected] that he was involved in a ghastly motor accident, and he was notifying me cuz i was his next of kin, and would like to ask my persmission to operate on him to save his life. The doctor did not ask for any money yet,but i did reply back. OMG, how can i be sooooooooo STUPID.It all looked good and for real. I have lost some money in this ordeal. How i wish i would have found this site before all these happened. This guy is on fb and myspace, but don't know if that is his real pic. Pls. advise what i should do. This scammer has my name and address and he even made me open an account so that when he gets here they can wire transfer his "bonus leave", according to him. Since i didn't know how the military works, i did everything he ask to do. OOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGG!!!!!
#41389 by lovingusarmyguy Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:51 pm
Oh Delm.

I am so sorry for what had happened to you.

There is another web site romancescam.com
You can type in their so called email address and it will do a reverse look up. And also compare pictures.

I am on "Mission" to find a way to advise every women out there who these spineless losers assocaite with.

My sgt was also communicating with a girl who actually lives 1 hour away from me, Such a small world - He must have searched the smallest towns out there.

Im feel so bad that your heart has been broken, and you feel so lonley, It will pass - Just as fast as he came in.

Be strong this site is awsome!
#41392 by Dotti Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:22 pm
Delm,

I am so sorry to hear you were scammed by this person. In answer to your questions about the photos, they are not his. He is a Nigerian who is writing from Africa, not a Caucasian American soldier in Afghanistan. The photos were just copied off the internet somewhere--it's very easy to do.

The first thing you need to do is close that account you opened for him. If he asked you to open an account, it is because he wants to use it to launder stolen money or process fake checks. If your name is on the account, you could become an accomplice to his crimes--and even if you didn't intend to help him, you could be charged as such.

You also realize is that he is a liar and a thief, and that he will continue to tell any story he can come up with if he thinks it will get more money from you. There is no point in confronting him, as he will only lie more. If he thinks there is still a chance to get more money from you, he will either continue to proclaim his innocence, or he will "confess" with a whole new set of lies designed to get money from you another way. Some of these scammers even claim they are going to pay you back. This is just another set of lies. The best thing you can do at this drop him like a hot potato. Block him from your messenger, filter his emails to trash, and don't take any calls from him. If he manages to call and you answer, hang up on him. And be on the lookout for recovery scams. These scammers are so low that they will contact you, posing as some kind of authority, claiming they can get your money back or the scammer arrested. Ultimately, their goal is to get even more money from you.

#41393 by delm Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:19 pm
Thank you for the advise ladies. My heart is broken but i am more upset with myself because i fell for it. I can just kick myself in the *** especially for loosing all that $$$. I really did fall for him. I am so depressed right now, I feel so violated and used. I should have listened to my gut feeling when he was so persistent about sending him some money, the first time i sent him some money is because of his dtr. needing a kidney transplant, and he didn't have enough money so his dtr. can have the surgery. oooommmmgggg, his dtr. and i are even sending e-mails to each other, thanking for the money for her operation. It's probably the same person with just different e-mail address. What the hell did i get myself into!!!!! :cry: :(
#41469 by sandie_43 Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:37 pm
ITS A SCAM
I have just been through the same thing ....Oh they say they love you want to be with you, I have been reading all day and have learnt that the US ARMY does not get a girlfriend/fiancee to request for leave so please please please dont fill out any forms or give any money.
lovingusarmyguy wrote:Hi Everyone,

By the looks of the posts, these "US ARMY TRANSIT LEAVES" are a scam, and I am sure I know the answer already.

I have been communicating with a sgt from the US army, his email is a hotmail, never thought to ask if he can use his army email but he has asked me to apply for a 3 month transit leave on his behalf to his colonel.

The email he gave me to write to his colonel is

[email protected]

I have not done anything, I have not emailed this address nor have i sent any money, My Sgt. states that this is refundable money from the Army. My Sgt. Guy has given me his name, his Battalion, Infantry Regiment, and the camp that he is at.

and when i was asked to set up the "phone" the email came from
[email protected]
again I did not do the phone thing either.

I am Canadian and do not know anything about the US Army. Can anybody help me decide if my Sgt. Guy is a good guy or a scammer????

Lovingusarmyguy
#41470 by sandie_43 Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:50 pm
Hi Sorry I am new to this

I have also been a victim of the US ARMY scam......His name is Major Hendon Thomas, we talked for a few weeks he wanted to meet me he told me he lost his wife in an Auto Accident and has a 10 year old son John who is now living with his Aunt in the UK....We talked for a few weeks then he said he loved me wanted to meet me before Christmas.... Well today I was talking to him He asked if I sent for a request for leave, that they would charge me a fee. He also asked me to marry him this morning when I was talking to him........so as soon as I heard that my mind started wondering and of course I searched as I was talking to him pasted some of the letters that I was reading, he pleaded with me that he loved me I needed to trust him blah blah blah.....I was sent a form from the Department of Defense and signed from his Lt. Col. Robert Gonzalez.
So I searched more and found this sight and WOW guess what Lt.Col. Robert Gonzalez was on here I sort of thought he would be.

Well Im thankful for finding this site.......I filled out the form with all incorrect information I just want to see how far it will go.....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO please if you get email or pictures from Major Hendon Thomas Age 40 from Las Vegas Nevada stationed in Afghanastan please please do yourself a favour and IGNORE HIM!!!!! his email address is [email protected]

Thank you for letting me vent...... I will post more when I get a reply from the form and see what happens
Thanks