Information on romance scams and scammers.
#321970 by Eviee1 Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:02 am
I have been emailing with above person and I've been very suspicious they are a scammer, because alot of what they put in their emails bear a striking resemblance to emails I'm finding on this site. I think this could be a new name being used so if anyone else is communicating with this person please be wary. My gut instinct is it's a scammer because a lot of what they say does not add up along with the appalling grammar from someone who maintains he has a Bachelors of science degree in Geology, plus there are many discrepancies in what he writes i.e. he mentions one son then in another email he states he had a daughter that was killed the same time his wife left him for his best friend. The phone number they gave me is a Texas code not an Oregon one but they reckons it's their private mobile number. They have sent lots of photographs too of a very good looking man, but is it them, I have no idea. I have now severed contact but wanted others to be aware and below is their initial email to me, I also have pictures they have sent too, but unsure if the site allows them

Good evening beautiful smile Evie, How are you doing over there.Am Edward harrington by name.I live in Boardman Oregon now not texas anymore you know that already on my profile.And i am 56 years old..I am single and i got a 25 years son his name is abraham.Good to hear from you.I really felt for it and i will like to talk with you.Am a man of good conduct and posses great sence of humour.I will like to know more about you exchanging emails i believe that you must be a woman of a nice callibre.Am new to this dating site and i believes that i will surely meet my soulmate here and now i realise am lucky because you are the first woman thats writting me on that site.Having a woman who touches you showing you so much affection and expressing has affection is something i desire so much.
Making your life better would be no other thing than sharing so much love .Planning our lives together for a better tomorrow by living our lives together and for each other.Love knows no bounds so on that note love superceeds all.Knowing i have someone to share my heartfelt thoughts,desires and dreams with is a very good thing and makes life even better.Its obvious there's mutual interest and surely i beleive where there's a will there'll surely be a way.Regardless of the distance i won't mind relocating if need be so the distance isn't a barrier.I am a honest and easy going man who enjoys nature.I love being loved in return.I got on the site with the principal aim of finding my soulmate with whom i'll share ,spend ,enjoy my life with forever.SOmeone i'll grow old and grey with and enjoy the finer things of life together with.So glad to know we're on the same page which means we can work things out very good and okay and see how well we can get with this.If i may ask what is religion to you?are you on any other site?I hope my search ends with you because i am seeking to find nothing but unconditional love with that wonderful woman and i hope to find that woman in you.

Below are a couple of extracts from other emails they have sent me. On searching this site I found very similar or same words used:

I am not a game player, and I don't have any interest in dating one. I do however, make exceptions for board game lovers.

To find that one special woman or as you say "beloved partner in life" with whom I can share everything--unite my heart, body and soul.. That one special woman who will cherish and respect me, with all my imperfections, as much as I will always cherish and respect her.That one special woman who thinks of me as Her Prince.This would be a dream come true....I'm into friendship,relationship or marriage depends on who i meet...I am looking for someone who is secure and who knows what they want in a man.
Last edited by Eviee1 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Advertisement

#321972 by Tim Atem Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:08 am
You are correct in your suspicions, that email was not written by anyone with English as their first language and has all the earmarks of the other romance scam emails you'll find here.

Stop all communication with him, do not tell him you know he's a scammer and do not tell him you reported him here. Just let him think you fell off the face of the planet.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#322022 by Eviee1 Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:32 pm
Yes that's the email address he has been emailing me from
#322023 by Eviee1 Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:39 pm
I have already checked for an IP address but there isn't one, therefore perhaps it's been coded. The link you have posted cannot identify an IP address from the headers either.

I'm not computer savvy enough to post a photo using the links you have posted, sorry!
#322041 by Bryon Williams Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:05 pm
EdwardHarrington0gmail.com is what you posted with no "@" symbol that is why I asked.

Is this his email address [email protected] ?

You replied:
Yes that's the email address he has been emailing me from

Then I changed everything because you confirmed the email address.

Edited post “EdwardHarrington0gmail.com” written by
» Eviee1

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#322241 by Eviee1 Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:34 pm
It was still active yesterday when they emailed me and was still showing on Hangouts this morning when I logged in to my account -

I:ve just logged in to hangouts and the they are showing as on line on that name.

I've just checked the last two emails they sent me and they have reversed the name to [email protected] which is not in my contacts, therefore they must have changed their email address.
#322242 by Eviee1 Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:42 pm
This is the original message I received from them, so you see the email address I was initially given

You've got an very interesting profile. I am looking to find someone
who is willing to give as well take part in a relationship. I'm a
great kisser and I love french kiss, I love cuddling and snuggling
with my woman and I love life. I would like to know if you are
interested in what you've seen on my profile too.

Do you mind a nice conversation so we can get to know each other??? We
can work on distance if there seems to be a little one, good
conversation truly helps. Here is my contact information : (940) 247-0652 & my email is coded too :edwardharrington0 at gmail dot com , until then.

Sincerely,
Edward
#322244 by Eviee1 Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:48 pm
Below is an email I received yesterday and I have contacted the Property management company on their facebook page asking if they have ever employed this person along with a copy of the photograph they sent me, but they haven't responded (even though I know what the answer will be)

Edward Harrington
13 Mar (1 day ago)

to me
It Gets better each time i get to read from you.I'm sorry about the mix up that happened.You know as humans we're far from perfect and we think in different dimensions and perspectives.My daughter died of pneumonia.She died in her teen years .Yes it was the worst day a of my life and i was really broken for a very long time .I'm a very happy man so i barely loose my temper and in most cases where i'm exepected to be enraged i still just keep my cool rather than loose it.For that man to have treated you the way he did he doesn't deserve a wonderful woman like you.As for me being comfortable and being able to confide in my partner is chemistry for me.Happy together forever.Offcourse there a relationship shouldn't be one sided but rather it should be commensal which brings about the balance required for a successful relationshp.Yes we have both established that i'm glad we have already .I think about the kind gentle soul that you have. The way you know me already. It's like you have known me forever. The way you see the real me and you except me for the person I am. I imagine what it would be like to have you closer. I imagine always having you with me. I wonder how I would feel to look into your eyes. Would I just melt away? I wonder what the future holds for us. I wonder if I will go crazy while you are away.lol.

There are so many things running through my mind. I feel like I'm in a whirlwind. I feel amazing when I see you. I feel like I can do anything,Most of all I feel thankful to God for you!!! Dear ,I have tried a million times to put into words how I feel for you. It's so hard to describe such an intense emotion. I knew from the day we met, that you were meant for me.

I attended the UUniversity of Milan,Italy where i obtained B.SC in Geology.I spent most part of my growing up days in Italy .I am a Geologist by profession.I that in school.I work for myself as a private contractor from home..I specialize on buildings like Real estate, Roads, Bridges, residential homes etc, I travel with my work alot..I get to do that on appointments where and whenever my services are required.I can say i'm also a professional at that.I use to work with Texas Homes Realty & Property Management when i was living in texas..I like to eat fish,You?I love it down in dubai i think..Lol My family don't visit much i do the visiting..I think i have to stop now will be waiting to hear from you..Kisses to you alone

Love alway