Information on romance scams and scammers.
#322488 by alfredlai17 Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:30 am
Hello all, I am Alfred.

I met a guy called Fausto in a dating site, he gave his email and thats when we start the chatting. he claimed that he is relocating to my city shortly and he has an inheritance payment to claim. We met last week and he deleted his dating site profile days after our first email. He keep claiming that money and wealth cannot buy love and he didn't want to do so and recently he said he fell in love with me although we just wrote 9 emails and we haven't actually met. Since I was a victim of romance scam , I don't know whether I should turn off this relationship immediately since I am not sure about his intention now. Should I wait until he asks for my financial support then I call it off?

He love using quotes which can be easily search from the internet and seems he read my email and answer my question. I don't know the intention of mentioning that he will receive money soon. But all the criteria are so suspicious that I don't know what to do now. Anyone has some suggestions for me? Thanks for reading!
Advertisement

#322490 by AlanJones Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:37 am
From what you have written, he sounds like a romance scammer. Please post his email address and some examples of the emails that he has sent to you and we can tell for sure.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#322502 by alfredlai17 Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:39 am
His email is [email protected]
Sample of email:

Hello Dear,

How are you doing today, I hope you are okay and this email message finds you in good health?

Thanks for the message received from you, its really a pleasure to read your messages, it makes me feel a lot closer to you I must confess and I cannot wait for the both of us to be together. Please I need us to take things one step at a time because am aware this is a very busy time for the both of us both emotionally and physically, it will be a relief after we have met as we will have that time to encourage each other, we will be able to help each other ease off all stress. I will be coming with 5 boxes and will let you know immediately I booked for my flight.

I want you to know that even though we seem far apart I love you dearly with all my heart and look forward to our relationship. If thoughts are going through your mind asking if I need you, the answer is forever, if you are asking if I will leave you, the answer is never, if you are asking what I value, the answer is you, If you are asking if I love you, the answer is I do because I have fallen in love with you and this is a very deep feeling that I have felt in a long time. please take good care of yourself and stay safe at all times knowing that someone over here cares for you so much.

Bye for now & lots of love & kisses,

Fausto.
#322504 by Bryon Williams Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:21 am
It is 100% a scam.

Since I was a victim of romance scam

The scammer is most likely the same scammer that you had before. He just changed his fake information to to steal more money from you.

I will be coming with 5 boxes and will let you know immediately

In this scam he will make up problems in clearing the pretend packages/boxes. He will request that you send money for these fake packages/boxes.

Never send money to some one you never met in person face to face.

Never receive money or packages from some one you never met face to face in person.

Meet your future love through friends, co-workers and or church members.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#322901 by alfredlai17 Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:31 pm
Finally here he goes, 100% scam confirmed. Here is the email content I received today:

Hello Dear,

How are you doing today, I hope you are okay and this email message finds you in good health?

I have been looking forward to hear from you since my last message to you, I hope all is well over there and you are safe? I cannot also wait for the both of us to be together, its will really be a wonderful feeling to see you face to face. I just hope I will not be too shy when we meet *smiles* :). Dear it has been a very busy period over here in the United Kingdom following the inheritance payment, it has not been a very easy process but am glad everything is sorted and the payment have finally been approved, just as I told you I will receive the bank draft payment by 2pm today UK time. It will be good to stay in a hotel for a couple of days until am able to settle things.

There are some official government documents that I have to get in the Finance Ministry here in the United Kingdom, I will submit these documents together with the Bank Draft payment to the Standard Chartered Bank after I have arrived in Hong Kong for clearance of the bank draft for me to have access to the funds in cash since it is a beneficiary inheritance payment. I have started the application of these documents and it will take couple of days to get ready because I need to come to Hong Kong with them, these documents cost £15,500 pounds but I have been able to pay £14,000 pounds altogether this morning and I still need to pay £1,500 pounds to balance up payment so that I can collect the documents on time, am financially trapped at the moment because I did not know it will cost this much and I do not have enough on me at this time because the whole process of the claim have really cost me a lot than I earlier budgeted. Dear please I need a loan of £1,500 pounds from you so that I can pay off the remaining fee for these documents to receive them on time before my departure date. Please I need your assistance and I will pay it back to you after I arrive in Hong Kong and have cashed the Bank draft since it will take 5days to cash, I have thought of several ways but there is nothing I can do right now to get any funds so I decided to let you know my present situation and requested for your financial assistance, please I need your help with this loan.

I decided to write this message urgently to you before I will go out following the appointment I have with the bank today. I will stop here at this time and will look forward to hearing from you, I will also appreciate anything that you can do to loan me this sum to help me fix everything on time to avoid any delays so that I can leave here next week as already planned and scheduled. Please take good care of yourself over there for me and stay safe at all times. Attached is a picture of me feeling really worried.

Bye for now & lots of love & kisses,

Fausto.