Information on romance scams and scammers.
#324459 by JudyR Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:13 pm
I was messaged at the end of March on facebook by a man named "DaveMaxie Graves" (Maxie is the name of his "dog"). He claims to be a Captain in the US Army and is stationed in Sudan. He says he is a 25U and a 18C, but also works on C130 aircraft. What made me feel that this was sketchy is that he wanted to talk to me over his personal email ([email protected]) and he was hesitant to continue talking over messenger. He also said he couldn't talk over the phone and that his base admin had to give clearance to me to get his military email and APO. He said his base ran out of iTunes gift cards and he was out on a rescue mission so he didn't k is about it. He wanted me to buy $200 worth of these cards, scratch them off and send a picture of the codes to him. I feel that this is a scam but I just need additional confirmation.
Advertisement

#324460 by Bryon Williams Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:18 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

It is 100% a scam stop all contact with the scammer.

A real Military member does not need permission to give out his military email address and Apo mailing address.

Everything he told you is a lie. Something he made up in his scamming mind.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#324595 by malu53 Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:43 am
find the same house here
uid: 100014875113041
profile from January 2
Paul Graves

on scammer's wall
several vics' comments
Attention this guy is a scammer he goes by robb or david graves. he is the same person dont get fooled like my friend did

How long did he talk to her before wanting something

2 weeks after

We been talking 3 months but I promise I am not sending money or material things as I barely get by myself! Thinking about breaking the texting
good for you he also goes by Robb, David Lucas, David Graves. There is 2 David graves with same picture. Plz look them up on FB

He has never ask me for anything but probably because I am very bull headed & spoke my peace from the start! He figures it will take longer & believe me it will take a whole lot longer, like never! I am a widow & money I got is from husband ! I will not disrespect him by giving it to another man !!!
Have a good life! It was fun while it lasted
#324596 by malu53 Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:03 am
uid: 100013245493517
Rob Graves
K9 Dog Handler at U.S. Army
Professional Skills Veterinary medicine
Studied Veterinary Medicine at USP - Universidade de São Paulo <<< Class of 1987 · Veterinary Medicine · São Paulo, Brazil
Past: United States Military Academy <<< West Point, New York
and U S Army High School, Bremerhaven <<< Bremerhaven, Germany
Lives in Fort Benning, Georgia
From Fort Benning, Georgia
Single