Information on romance scams and scammers.
#44218 by Dotti Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:34 am
i wish he was genuine but i now have serious doubts.

Just to make sure it is perfectly clear: He IS a scammer, there is absolutely no chance he is genuine. It doesn't matter whether he requests money right now or not (if he thinks you are suspicious he might wait a while on the money requests). He proved he was a scammer beyond any doubt the moment he asked you to request leave for him.

In the real US military, ONLY the soldier can request leave, and he can only get leave if he has earned it. NOBODY from outside the military can ask for leave for a soldier (this includes family members.) The "someone outside applies for leave" policy only exists in the imaginary military created by scammers, and the instant you are approached about applying for leave, you can be certain you are dealing with one.

If you could post some of this scammer's scripts (because that's what many of his emails are--scripts that he is using on multiple women), you may help other victims or targets, even after he changes his fake name and info.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
Advertisement

#44564 by Dora Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:27 pm
I want to share for those following this thread, that the email addy [email protected], which wendybee brought to our attention has now been suspended/killed permanently by the registrar of the domain.

The registrar, Directi/PDR, also removed the privacy protection from the registrant details, and you can now see that the domain clearly didn't belong to the US Army, US Military, or US Department of Defense. Thanks Direct!! :D

Domain ID:D160757628-LROR
Domain Name:DODUSA.ORG
Created On:24-Nov-2010 18:15:45 UTC
Last Updated On:15-Jan-2011 19:58:39 UTC
Expiration Date:24-Nov-2011 18:15:45 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Directi Internet Solutions Pvt. Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com (R27-LROR)
Registrant ID:DI_12032140
Registrant Name:Stella Arch
Registrant Organization:Stellarch Enterprises
Registrant Street1:10 blackprince road
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:London
Registrant State/Province:London
Registrant Postal Code:SE1 7SJ
Registrant Country:GB
Registrant Phone:+44.7024062877
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:[email protected]
#44596 by Arnold Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:19 am
10. Black Prince Road is a real address. Stellarch Enterprises does not seem to exist, but if it does, it is not part of the scam. Impersonating a real business and giving a 4470 phone number is a standard scammer trick.

#48121 by bonnie knable Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:57 pm
was wondering if anybody has had contact with a james robson willy from us army, he has asked me to request leave for him, i got a email from [email protected] i was wondering if it was a legit email? they sid i was to send $1500.00 to apply for leave for him and once they received it they would send mr the forms to fill out. im alittle confused and i needed some advice on if this is legit.and they are all signed commander in charge general tony e.a. armytransitleave..
please i need some help and advice on this i dont want to be scammed..

bonnie
(Mod edit to delete personal email address - Samantha)
#48125 by Helen Halper Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:24 pm
Hi bonnie!
I'm sure glad that you found this site, as you are 100% dealing with a scammer.

From Dotti, a couple of posts above:

Just to make sure it is perfectly clear: He IS a scammer, there is absolutely no chance he is genuine. It doesn't matter whether he requests money right now or not (if he thinks you are suspicious he might wait a while on the money requests). He proved he was a scammer beyond any doubt the moment he asked you to request leave for him.

In the real US military, ONLY the soldier can request leave, and he can only get leave if he has earned it. NOBODY from outside the military can ask for leave for a soldier (this includes family members.) The "someone outside applies for leave" policy only exists in the imaginary military created by scammers, and the instant you are approached about applying for leave, you can be certain you are dealing with one.

Please post a couple of his emails, with headers. If you haven't found those before go here: http://www.ip-adress.com/faq/view_email_header/
Lastly, to help keep you safe, please remove your email address from your post.

#49521 by ScammedbyLuis Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:58 pm
I was recently scammed by a person using the name "Howard Luis Jones" and "Howard Luis", "Luis Howard". He stated he was in Darfur with the Army. Needed a phone, then some clothing -t-shirts and cargo pants. He speaks/uses decent English-well one of them does. Then he sent the form -requesting leave etc.
I did not know about scammers until AFTER I had sent in the money and of course, addtl monies for his transportation costs.

Be careful of Facebook.

In fact, I tried to contact CID of the Army via their website.

It is amazing how much information I had obtained from them/him.

[email protected]
[email protected]

Be careful of these names:
David Adeoye
Howard Luis Jones
Colonel Howard Blakemore
Colonel James De Wald

at least those are the names they are using---whether they are legit men in the Army-that I do not know.

I will try to load up Howard Jones photo---that was on Facebook.
Last edited by ScammedbyLuis on Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#49526 by Bubbles Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:27 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners ScammedbyLuis we are sorry you were taken in by this scammer. Scammers use every available means to try to steal money from unsuspecting people like you and many others. Some scammers use the postal service and fax machines.

Their stories are convincing and engaging and most of us are trusting, not expecting to encounter a criminal in our daily life.

If you exchanged emails with this scammer, will you post the email address that he used? That is helpful to people searching as you did.

We are glad you found us and found the truth about this person and could stop sending them money. I hope you have stopped communicating with this criminal.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#52640 by WonderWoman Thu May 05, 2011 7:55 pm
This guy was a real charmer who was very convincing but I was suspicious from the beginning, telling my adult daughter I thought he was too good to be true. She thought I was being over cautious & should get to know him better. I'm so glad I played along long enough for him to make a couple of mistakes which revealed he is the scamming lier I suspected all along. Please read his 2nd email to me. I will post all his emails as a warning to more vulnerable woman out there. Don't be fooled. His photos were great, but when he sent a photo of his '16 yr old daughter' the girl in the photo was barely 10 or 11!!! Please read below...

Am so happy you took the stress to get back to me here...Thanks alot dear..i guess you should know more about me..i dont know how this work, but hey! here is an exclusive. If at my age i do not know what and when to say, then what would i be? When a wise man sees he has probably spent about half of his time in life already, he begins to assess his main goals in life. What could be more important than a happy ending? LOL,.

A man needs to live his life full of joy and happiness. No matter his achievements, he is reduced to nothing if he has no crown to complete him and that is a woman to call his own. Wife and Best friend. A woman who knows that even while arguing they still need to hold hands. A woman whom i can call a partner in crime,lol A woman whom you can tell anything. How could you think anything can make you happier in life than finding a love that knows no bound. To make you know more about me,.I will break this down to segments and it would be like a case study.

MY BACKGROUND
I am Edwards Aaron Glass, most friends prefer to call me Edwards...lol. I was born to a loving couple, a home, by an American man from Texas(USA) and a British woman. My father was an international business man who met this British orphan whose only family were close friends. She says there was something about the man that no woman could ever resist. sometimes she says she sees same in me,lol. During my father's global movement,while i was twelve i left to study in lethridge Alberta in Canada where i decided to join and work for my Country...So i decided to join the US ARMY.

My father died and she was left alone. I met my wife and best friend in Paris. she was a fashion model. Very good at heart. Actually i could say i met her in a funny way, would explain that later.(My her soul rest in peace)

I was born in N.Dallas TX(USA) on the 8th of December 1961..that makes me 49yrs old..

I have a beautiful daughter..her name is Victoria..she will be 16yrs old this year..she is in a boarding house in canada..been taking care of by our nanny..
Have been trying to be everything to her, ever since her mother left the world..

Am presently on an assignment here in Afghanistan for the good and love of my country.. Am Sure you know more about us here.. probably you've seen and hard it in the news.

I dont want you to be scared that maybe i will die and loss my life...No not like that my dear..If it happens its for the good and love of my country..But it will never happen..I dont do the battle thing.. i am a desk type army..lol..always on the desk and train junior soldiers, so thats why i told you not to add me on messenger because i hardly have time to chat.. pending the day i will leave this camp

This mission here is my last on the field and i will be through latest May..i shall quit field works and continue my works from my home office while my men do the field ops. I think i really have gotten to this height cos i embraced work for so long trying to get over my wife, that i worked this hard, but i think i now realize i can move on.

Don't be bordered about the distance between us.. as i am ready to spend the rest of my life with you after my final mission here.. i am ready to join hands together with you,Build a new house and most importantly build a home in
your country....Only if it we finally love each other and it works well..

MY DREAM
I have told you how my typical dream day would be like, i just want to spend the rest of my life enjoying the fruit of my labor. I just want a woman who would be my best friend and everything. You know someone whom we would still love each other more as the days pass by, even when we cant make love anymore and all we could do is play bingo,LOL.

I am a total package , i only need someone who understands the value of a good smile.

I cant wait to hear back from you. please write me soon my dear.
Your turn!
#52641 by WonderWoman Thu May 05, 2011 8:01 pm
Here's his next email on day 2.

Hello Wonder i really appreciate this consistent communication and i will say it is a sign of will, thanks for your response, All we need now is the WILL and i tell you where there is a will there is success ahead. I believe we both know that Love is not a destination but a journey and this is a journey that takes two to walk.

I mean two souls who understand ahead that they aren't in for a kid walk, and what they have ahead is the most important mission in life. A place meant for true people,. it is a place called joy and happiness. My Grace, i would also be stupid to hold the man of a woman like you,. Really i just see in your face that i can live with this woman, not the beauty part alone, but the depth of your soul.

As i could remember, as a kid i was a very cute one,lol. One whom many bullies would target, but only to realize there is a tough side to me. I could make a sober person dance. i could affect one with my smile. I grew up having more older friends. Many would confide in me. To tell you, i am a type that doesn't judge. no matter how dirty you may be, just come clean to me, and i will give your support.

There is no Mr right until we make him right. A relationship is never about how much at the beginning but how much we could make it grow into. My old friend and pastor would tell me, if you aren't ready to feel or look stupid, then don't fall in love ,lol But sincerely that is the bitter truth. When i lost my wife to Cancer of the Lungs, he told me that the fact that something good ends doesn't mean something better cant start. Can you prove that right? I have come to realise that , let a man write a better book, let him preach a better sermon, let him sing the best of songs, let him gain wealth beyond dreams, he is reduced to nothing except he has a woman to call, my wife, my best friend and co pilot.

My usual saying, and i am known for it, is that,. Life is simple, for those who take it simple,. I don't like to complicate things. There is joy in every
situation if you know the right angle to look it from.

My mother is very old now and at almost 80, she can still sing. Now she cant wait to have a proper family, and i cant wait to have a happy home too. after my mission here, i am taking a leave for some times. Any other job would only require my attention from my home office wherever i go. I want to spend the rest of my life having fun. I have a house in Paris where i found my wife and got married, i have one in South Chelsea London, while i have no home. Would you stand by me to build a home? Would you smile at me when i look tense? I don't need a super model, i rather need a very good friend who knows when i am tensed just by looking into my eyes and a super woman. The whole world may be mad at me, but if you are smiling at me, i would care less.

I say, who says we cant pick rags and turn to riches? Who says we cant design our own paradise together.

It is workable just walk by my side.

Edwards
#52642 by WonderWoman Thu May 05, 2011 8:10 pm
This email was sent on Day 2 as well!!

Hello my wonderful. How are you today? all this my writings are from my head..i read alot of book so am good in putting words together... Glynis why am i getting addicted to my email? lol. I get a good glow on my face just waking up to read from you. Wonderful. How was your day and night?. I knew something was missing since i haven't smiled all morning till now,lol. I was almost late for my chopper in the morning, i woke up late, i think i am becoming restful again, Maybe i could sense something good ahead of us.

What wouldn't i do to make my dreams come true. It is like a rigger waiting for a trigger. Would you be my trigger? lol. I just need a woman to hold me before i am old. Absolutely i have come to know that we spend the most of our life seeking for the secondary needs, while our primary needs are left unseen. We have worked so hard and attained some wealth right? but for what purpose?

To be realistic, except if you just want to be known as a rich person, wealth means nothing if you have no best friend to share it with. All the millions are useless indeed. how much do we need to eat? How much do we need for shelter? how much do we need for daily fun. excess and excess leads us to vanity. But for few of us who value the simplicity, we sure would do well in finding happiness.

As i always say, money can buy a good bed, but never will money buy sleep. it can buy the best diamond watch, but can never buy time, It can buy piles of books , but cant buy knowledge. It can buy food, but not satisfaction, Money can buy sex, but can NEVER buy love. That is why , i refuse to follow the crowd, so as my own man, i would give up all that can be bought for that which cant be bought. I want true joy and happiness. I want my woman to have power over my moods,. she can make me smile in all weather.

I am glad that i could get your attention my dear. You have a special thing in your heart, and i intend to find out what it is. It could take a lifetime to figure, but i dont mind,lol. Please tell me about your ideology of life my dear. I will be waiting impatiently to hear from you.

Edwards
#52643 by WonderWoman Thu May 05, 2011 8:13 pm
This was day 3. You can see why I was suspicious. So over the top!!

Hello my wonder! How are you today? Who are you? A woman being a goddess? or a goddess pretending to be a woman? Whichever you are, you are doing something special to me.lol. even when you are feeling too sleepy , you still make out time to write. I mean after all these years, i would have thought i might not have the possibilities again of having my dream woman, my partner, my best friend and co pilot. I'm talking about fate here - when feelings are so powerful it's as if some force beyond your control is guiding you to someone who can make you happy beyond your wildest dreams.

I wouldn't be scared anyway, because truely, Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.The inevitable truth is , If it is meant to be, our hearts will find each other when we meet. And if our hearts melt together so will our bodies and souls. Then every word and every touch will fuel our passion flame. I will be yours, you will be mine, and we will be one.

I am inside my tent on the field of Afghan now. haven to wake up every morning by 6am every morning for early field parade and salutation. Working from then till 11am when we have time to eat our breakfast and do some personal exercise, yet being able to be distracted by this woman. I have over 30 co-army here, both skilled and locals(Recruits), yet all could notice a new glow on my face. LOL. Bishop Nelson and I , have always stayed at Nelson's in his CA home, he just got married almost two years now. He found his woman on the net and to be sincere, he inspired us. I did not buy a house in the states until now, because i would love to find my woman first, then building a home would start from there.

Glynis dont forget am on a secrete mission here in Afghanistan...Applications like Skype , Webcam.e.t.c are not allowed due to our protocols and rules....am so sorry honey..
But the major reason why you dont need to be bordered is that your army man will be out of mission very soon..very very soon as we were told in the meeting we had with our commander last night..

Dear i am being true to my feelings, as my old friend would say, Never question if you are in love or not, because if you were you wouldn't need to ask. So the best of men, would accept what they feel without questions, because truly, Love and death cant be escaped, no one can tell , when, how,, or where. It is never too early or too late.LOL.

What is more important to you the love you share, the memories you have or the lover? Give love a chance to swallow you up. Don't just think it will happen in a instant, it will surprise you before you know it, but it will be the most rewarding experience you will ever have.

If you are as open minded and simple as me, i can promise you that the sky would be the limit.

Edwards
#52644 by WonderWoman Thu May 05, 2011 8:17 pm
Three photos were sent on day 3 also. They wouldn't attach here but I will go through the correct procedure & get them on here. The girl appears to be Mexican or Hispanic and looks about 10 or 11 but he's saying she's 16! He writes a short message below.

This is my daughter picture..
told her alot about you already...

she is happy i am happy...and she cant wait to meet you one of this days
#52645 by WonderWoman Thu May 05, 2011 8:20 pm
This one reminded me of a bad bollywood movie Haha!

Hello my sunshine..LOL! You must wonder why i call you sunshine,i felt like giving a hug,lol. Just as the sun, lights up the earth, you light up my life. The only one i have met, with a heart so bright. Just seems like yesterday, you came around my way, you changed my whole scene right away, with your outstanding personalty. The only reason this was possible is because you must have portrayed yourself well and you have been Yourself. That is good, because if i ever fall in love with you for beauty, I wouldn't walk more than miles to see more beauty, If i love you for physical things, I wouldn't walk more miles to see more, If i love you for smiles, I would see more in TV,lol

But the only thing i can fall in love with you that cant be gotten by anyone else is being YOU! that is absolutely what no one can ever be. Like i said, it takes a life time to try knowing the reason why you feel the way you do with some people. the answers are never there,. Glynis trust me, the day relationships starts falling is the day people can figure out the exact reason they have loved each other. Life is boring if perfect. Life is worse when there is nothing to change about anything.

The balance in life is based on the facts that, there must be thieves and criminals for the police to remain employed,. The medical practitioners would run out of business if we are all hale and hearty. The legal practitioners would die of boredom if there aren't offenders. If everyone is vegetarian, Oh my! guess how many people would not earn a living. Christians bring out the best in Christianity because of the presence of Islam. White gained from black, Blacks earn from white. If everyone is rich, wealth would be meaningless. who would do the laundry? who would drive the car? who would guard who? who would keep whose money? lol. The essence for this short word is that, if you can read the meaning in this. you are my woman for sure. The moral of the speech is that,.

We were all created for each other. There is much fun in helping. We can all be better if we accept the fact that we cant live without each other. The world would be a better place if we can start accepting things we cant change. Because , the only constant thing in life is, CHANGE! Sitting here thinking about you, brings out a part of me that loves everything,lol.

I have a proposal for you this wonderful day.Because i know you atleast care about me, after all you wake up to check on my mail and know if i am still alive,lol. that is something. So i want your help today. There is this woman whom i just met, and i could be scared about how she has gotten my attention so soon, but i would be stupid to submit to fears. I noticed that she already has a place that can not be replaced in my heart. Who could ever think of hurting such a woman who only wants happiness? I want you to help me find her and tell her, i am not known for fears. I know a journey of a thousand years start with a single step.

A man who wants to fly must atleast learn to stand on his feet! tell her if she is willing, i would love to take her hands. I am a man who gives nothing or everything. Once i have her hand, i can promise her forever. Tell her i know this is not going to be a kid walk, . tell her i know there are times we would argue in future. but tell her i would teach her to know that even while we argue we would still be holding hands. because there are many sides to a coin. Tell her life is short, but we can make paradise out of it.

Tell her her worries have become mine, cos i do not really know how she has done it. tell her, that coming across her was by chance, communicating with her was by choice, but then falling for her is beyond my control.
You know where to find her my dear, just go to your dressing mirror and you would find her staring back at you,lol. Pls look into her eyes and speak this to her for me.

Your Turn!
#52646 by WonderWoman Thu May 05, 2011 8:24 pm
And this is him going in for the kill or should I say money? While he was waiting for my reply, he accidently sent his first email to me by mistake instead of his next prey. It was badly cut & pasted but basically the same as the first email he sent me. (Idiot!!)

Thanks alot for your email honey...

Angel have been thinking about how sweet you will sound on phone..i really wish we are expressing all this feeling voice on voice....i mean through mobile communication. honey hope you have a mobile phone. because honey am thinking maybe i should make it a point of assignment first thing tomorrow morning..i will go to the secretary office to ask if there is anyway i can speak to my wife...if there is any positive response..i will keep you posted..

Hope you doing great..Honey i just had my Lunch..i had Curry Chicken and Salad..
DO you like Sushi?...Nelson(my military best friend) dislike the raw nature of it..

Please be safe honey..i care...
#52647 by WonderWoman Thu May 05, 2011 8:27 pm
This is the next email I got. Look familiar? It's the first one he sent...just badly edited. I replied saying I knew it was too good to be true. You are a scammer & a dog or something to that effect. Haha!

Hello, how are you doing?Thanks alot for the response.. i must confess I am new to this way of searching for love, when i saw your profile and I liked what you said about yourself. Your profile is genuine and i dont know maybe we can be great friends to start. I want to learn more about you and hopefully meet someday.

I've been a widower for some yrs now, and I can't believe the last lady i dated (my ex) left me for another man I later got to know he loves me for artificial things only. i am shy but i will like to get to know you better, feel free to get back to via my personal e mail: [email protected], I dont want to leave my e mail but i dont want to use this site again because unfortunately the e mails and add I got are not the kind of Women I am looking for, they are younger then the actual age am looking for.., so try to understand..

please dont reply me here,because i hardly will be coming on here again..
I will show you my pics and tell you more about me, through my personal email

when i get your response.
[email protected]

I will be looking forward to hear from you.