Information on romance scams and scammers.
#339972 by katheaway Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:52 pm
Hi!
I have been chatting with this guy for 20 days. First Tinder then Kick. He says he is in Chad (africa) on duty. No phone calls allowed brrrr. Poor grammar, disconnected conversations...like no answering questions or repeating stuff. He says is from San Diego, California and he send me that phone number +16192596126, which obviusly is not operative because he is on duty.

He like natural beauty and claims to have values, faithful etc, He did not ask for money at least to me.

I started to suspect because he told me his favourite movie is Titanic...no one can believe this shit and not from this guy... So I started my research and I asked him for a picture with my name in a post it, he denied turning the discussion to me saying "I don't do that till you trust me" but he sent me a picture of a complete bad facke driving licence from California, with expiry date on 2053!!! and another birthday date that he told me, plus it was obviously fake. how someone can be so cheap???!!!

Now is called Chris Pleasant. Has tattoos, he claims to be Catholic ( what a shame).
I found him in Facebook also as Jordan Pleasants, and in instagram as Chris Pleasants John and as Jordan Pleasants, which I think is the original guy because his account is completely open and all the pics he sent me are from there.
Someone should tell to the original guy :-(

What a hell is wrong with this people?
Advertisement

#340471 by ElsieAssap Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:30 pm
he is romancing my sister-in-law at the moment - she wont listen to me

he is using a private instagram account under the name jpleasants22 and says his name is James and that he doesnt have a Facebook account. He claims to be in Syria and says he had been there for 6 months.

The real guy is currently living in Fort Drum. New York which ties in with the insignia on the sleeve of his uniform

The real guy has a Facebook account under the name of <removed> MW - it is real because all his family members have him on their friends list

That's all i know at the moment

Elsie
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Remove the name of a real person not connected to the scam.
#354736 by Vica Riedel Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:22 pm
Hiii I’m talking through the KIK app, so far he’s name it’s EDWARD PLEASANTS with no family and the army it’s his family... he’s right now on a top secret mission in Afghanistan LOL he’s not asking me for money yet but I already know he’s a scammer.

Can some one pls tell me what’s the name of the real one ??

Regards from Mexico
#364980 by Arprado07 Fri May 18, 2018 1:12 am
I just was contacted by this man on Instagram as James Pleasants. Jpleasants22 He was stationed in Syria for the next 2 months. He has 2 facebook pages on Facebook under James Pleasants, one with a military photo and one with normal photos. They both look like fake profiles and are private. He asked for Itunes gift cards a few times and pictures of my parents (wtf). He got mad when I messaged some of his followers and called him fake
#364981 by Arprado07 Fri May 18, 2018 1:40 am
Here are some of his lines he used on me which led me to find out hes a scammer. "Inside of me there is a place where my sweetest dreams reside, where my highest hopes are kept alive, where my deepest feelings are felt and where my favorite memories are safe and warm. I find that you're on my mind more often than any other thought"

"I dont just know what keeps me getting attracted to you, maybe that's nature and life for you, actually I must tell you that Im interested in making matured relationship, I mean I love matured women since they have insight and knowledge on how to go about in making a lasting relationship. "

"Really wish you could walk in my shoes".

Hes really not a good scammer. He is very bad at it
#376552 by rhuby Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:34 am
Bryon Williams wrote:Welcome to Scamwarners,

Please post any messages he sent you.

Hi Sir this guy also tried to scam me last month he is now using David Arnold as his name and his from New York. His gmail account is [email protected]. i hope the real guy knows what this scammer is doing to him. Thank you