Information on romance scams and scammers.
#330507 by Singlemom1 Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:03 pm
I heard from someone off of a dating site I joined briefly over a year ago. He contacted me via text several times then I didn't hear from him until this week. Suddenly he's very interested in me. What I have learned from him in one week: He can't send pics through mms so he emails from an outlook email address with the exception of using google voice text one time; his father was from America and passed away; his mother is from Spain and lives there with his daughter; his English is very broken on text and his accent is thick on the phone; although his phone # says Nevada and I thought he told me he currently lives in Indiana, he lives in Hornlake, MS and works in Lakeland, TN as a technical science engineer for rig construction and rennovation; he travels abroad regularly for work; he asked me a few days ago to email him four itunes gift cards for $50 and I refused; his wife passed away and I am the only person to pay him attention from the site, which he suddenly vanished from last year immediately after we exchanged contact info; he is completely lovestruck now and needs me to be equally attached but does not know when we may meet in person. I simply went to google his profession out of curiosity and this site was the first option that came up. I suddenly saw dozens of posts and emails from scammers with extremely similar quotes as what I've been hearing the past week from Michael Spriggs. I noticed his name in his email address is spelled differently than how he spelled it for me. A quick reverse search on Scope revealed virtually nothing except that his phone number does originate in Nevada as I already knew. He told me via text a few days ago that the time where he lives is one hour earlier than where I live. I just now learned it is actually the same time so I asked him the time and he gave me the correct time a few minutes later. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Advertisement

#330509 by Bryon Williams Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:18 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

It is a scam.

Please stop all contact with the scammer. Do not tell him why. Just vanish.

Please post his email address, phone numbers and a couple of his initial emails to you. This will help other potential victims of this scammer.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#330510 by Singlemom1 Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:36 pm
I am getting his info together to post here. What is his intention? To ask for money? With my phone #, city, email, picture can he hack me or get any of my personal info? Also, no matches for his photo came up on tineye?
#330511 by Singlemom1 Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:49 pm
Michael is the name he gave me.
[email protected]
(where photos came from)
702-625-3093
(Nevada)
Claims to live in Horn Lake, MS
Technical Science Engineer in Lakeland, TN
( "rig construction/renovation" )
Calls and texts from above phone #
Sends only photos via email, no notes
#330512 by Bryon Williams Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:57 pm
The scammer wants to steal your money.

Please a couple of his initial emails to you. Other potential victims may be searching his script.

Scammer could be anywhere in the world with internet access to call/text or answer this phone number.
(702) 625-3093
Registered in Las Vegas, NV
Non Fixed Voip phone number
e.g. Skype or Google Voice

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#330513 by Singlemom1 Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:19 pm
A Few Forwarded Texts:

The saddest was when I lost my wife but am okay the memorable moments was when my kids were born

Yes,10th of July I will clock 50 that next month, my dad past away and my mum stays in spain, I do see her we I wanted to my daughter stays with her

Perfect! Well it depends am looking for a friendship first and see how it goes, she must be honest, God fearing,Loving and caring with good sense of humor.

Well Yes am moving on with my life now and my daughter told me to join dating site cos I need to be with someone... Tired to been lonely over here.

U got so lucky since Melissa told me to on dating site u are the first lady that pay attention to me every since have been developed interest in you

Am with my laptop arranging my unfinished business proposals coming up in belgium...

I need want you to buy me iTunes cards at the store in need it now want to get download somethings online now can you get it for me sweetie?

Yes I don't have Itunes

Sweetie you make me the happiest man in world, ever since my wife past away have never see any woman that match.Send the ITunes now

Sweetie don't forget to get the cards I told you
Text me when you back love you

I can't send mms on my phone but I can get it through email just for you to send me your email honey

I don't like social media, why should I when I finally found my love in you

I can just live my phone for only a few seconds when am with you...I love you

After church seeing my friends and am going to tell the world that GOD sent me someone that is making me feel like Am on top of the world and guess who is she?

Lol... And what are you doing to me cous you make me not to concentrate on the church this morning all at work

Am an engineer

Yes I sit In office but mostly site work

Rig construction/renovation

I understand you am going to fix am not going to promise you now, I need you right buy my side just apply patient for me promise wouldn't hot you feelings honey