Information on romance scams and scammers.
#330882 by Raeloni Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:12 pm
I believe this is the second scammer how has prayed on my kindness and compassion in the last 2 months. this one was worse cause he claimed to be in the military and I thought he was a good one. Luckily I try to be dilligant in my research. They both asked for iTunes cards. The first one was working in the petroleum engeniering department. He stated he lived 3 cities over from my and we talked for 3 weeks before he had to go over seas. I tried to meet him but he was too busy we where supposed to meet up when he got back. When he was overseas he lost his wallet at a conferance and thats when he asked me for iTunes card. When I told him no, he got defensive and tried to guilt me and we no longer talked.

The second one was Sgt Marshall Donald. he even sent me military photos that said marshall on the uniform. he kept refering himself as marshall, which was my first red flag. Gave me a sad sob story that while he was in afganastan he came home early and caught his wife cheating with his best friend. they have a 9 yr old boy. he's been in the military for 23 years, is in syria now for a peacekeeping mission and has 5-6 months till he is home. Again he wanted a iTunes card. I searched the picture of him and his kid he sent me and i found it on a few scammer sites. I then started asking questions about where he went to basic training and a email address hoping to get a .mil.gov I think is what they say, and he got defensive again and blamed me of no trust and I was asking too many questions the only email address I was given was [email protected].
Advertisement

#330887 by Bryon Williams Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:42 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Please post the emails you received. This will help other if they search for the script used

Remove your personal information prior to submitting.

Also post any phone numbers and links to their FB profile.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#345937 by Bryon Williams Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:43 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Chances of the OP returning to answer your question is very slim.

If you want us to help you. Please post the emails, email addresses and phone numbers.

Remove your personal information prior to submitting.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/