Information on romance scams and scammers.
#72973 by 1967j Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:02 pm
he spells micheal edwards and is using a picture of somone else . i feel sorry for rhe real solder who pictures he is using :bowdown:
Advertisement

#73292 by Dotti Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:04 pm
Attention all posting in this thread:

We have a new member who joined saying that he is the real Sgt Edwards. I have removed the member's post for the moment, as we have not yet verified the statements made.

While it is likely that the poster's statements were true, scammers do sometimes join scamwarners, pretending to be the real person being impersonated. They do this in order to scam previous victims who are already vulnerable. Because this does happen, it is important for everyone's safety that we verify all claims of this kind.

In the meantime, for your own protection, it is best to avoid communicating with anyone claiming to be a victim of impersonation until you know that the identity of the person has been verified. It is also important to report any suspicious offline contact by any member.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#73640 by Lindsey777 Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:25 pm
Dottie

I have numerous pictures of Sgt. Edwards. Does he post pictures of himself? Be happy to share pics if I knew how to do this! Lindsey777
#73678 by Bubbles Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:09 am
Lindsey777 wrote:I have numerous pictures of Sgt. Edwards. Does he post pictures of himself?

Scammers do not use pictures of them self. The look for photos on sites like Facebook and other social networking sites and choose photos that will work for their story. Some use photos of models or pron stars.

Nothing they say is true, they are practiced liars and do not want friends or spouses, they want money and will do or rather say anything to get it from their victims.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#73742 by Lindsey777 Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:16 pm
Hi Everyone!

I found "Sgt. Edwards" on myyearbook STILL, however, he is now going by the name "Johnny"! Just an FYI.
I am being careful because this is where I met him - don't want him to notice me! I'm out to get any scammers I can! :=)
#73748 by Lindsey777 Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:55 pm
I just have one question - is this guy STUPID OR WHAT?

He just called me tonight from another phone number 233-543-193813 to ask me to get on yahoo messenger. I have just to see what he has to say....he has not received any money from me in months now - what's he after now? Oh...and he has changed is email to [email protected]. I have not gotten any emails yet, but as soon as I do - it will be posted here!

Lindsey777
#73775 by Bubbles Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:22 am
Scammers are not stupid. He is returning to the well which gave him some of what he wants. Scammers do this all of the time, they return to victims hoping they will once again become an ATM.

Really, it is best to stop all communication with him. If he calls, hang up on him. If he emails delete it. If he hits you up on IM ignore it.

Nothing good will come from staying in touch and he has your real information. Move on to some better things in your life in this case.

#73951 by Lindsey777 Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:20 pm
Well, well....just found Sgt. Edwards "AGAIN" on myyearbook.com - same pic always used. I sent warned to all of his "female friends" and himself about who he really is! This is what I coppied off myyearbook!

What will Google offer in your city?
Sign up now for Google OffersClick to openGet L$ -- Invite Friends!myYearbook.com Home Profile Friends Messages 1 L$39K Report Privacy Settings
Payment Settings
Connect Settings
Logout
Browse People
Name Search
Email Search
School Search
Advanced Search
My Photos
My Stickers
My Flirts
My Gifts
My Profile Views
Whatever I Want
My Videos
My Blog
More FunLiveMatchBlind DateOwned!Ask MeGamesCausesBattlesQuizLive Feed

Add to Friends
Type me a quick message...Send Grab his attention with a gift
Johnny has received 2 gifts

Gift Lunch Money! Gift the VIP Club!
Friends

Johnny has 22 Friends (See your friends in common.)
Stickers

[Report Stickers] [Give Him a Sticker!]
Causes
Johnny's Profile Link:CTRL+C copy; CTRL+V paste
Bookmark
Break It Off
Block Johnny
Report abuse

Basic Personal Photos
Johnny Eddy am new on here 2 hours ago

55, Male, Single
Naples, Florida
Last Login: 3 hours ago Compatible? Find Out! --
0 Things in Common | Improve
About Me
Am Johnny, Am a soldier and i have been in the army for about 29 years.. And i have been in Iraq for about years now and i want to meet someone that i love,All is about who can make you happy and also trust you and treat you like a queen. I am a person who is very real when it comes to life and its' issues. Am honest, kind caring, affectionate, good sense of humor, easy going, free thinker, trustworthy and respect the lives of other people..... I'm a man that is living life as it comes to me.
Lunch Money: L$16,759.00
Johnny hasn't filled out this part of his profile yet.
If you want to learn more, why not send him a message?

Live Feed
Ask me anything...

Ask anonymously 140 Enter this code:
Type the two words:Type the eight numbers:

CAPTCHA incorrect, please try again.

Johnny am new on here
2 hours ago · Comment · Like · View1321143593Terri Wehring likes this.
4f6c3ada-b858-4a97-98b5-e6d47d4caaa2 38310609
Carrie Wallace 37 minutes ago WATCH OUT TERRI! NOT WHO HE SAYS HE IS! SCAMMER! HE'LL TELL YOU ALL KIND OF BS THEN STEAL YOUR MONEY!StatusUpdate382382835a721853-b88e-499a-b81b-8eb854c1eb6a1Condensed
Write a comment...
Comment Johnny

6 days ago · Comment · Like · View1320610400.31694Joyda Maher likes this.
PhotoUpload382382831810983300Condensed
Write a comment...
Comment

Whatever I Want
am looking for someone who will love and care about me for a long time relationship that can lead to marriage. Although I would consider myself a romantic, I don't believe that life is about the "grand passion. " In reality it is more about comfortable comrade. I am a really fun person who loves people, loves to laugh,... Being through worst pain in relationship is not all that easy sharing it with people simply because it hurts. through that I have learn a lot from my past. There is no going to be turning back into old life style. I believe either of us had in mind of meeting someone special online but it has just come to pass with our personality description towards learning few thing about each other. I'm ready to fall in love with someone special who ever that happens to be.. and i hope and pray that person should be you, there are few qualities which talks about genuine woman in relationship, such as faithfulness, loyalty, trustworthy, Honesty, respectful etc...

Our Story Press Trends Social Safety FAQs Suggestions?
myYearbook Ads Social Theater Partners Celebrity Careers
Terms Privacy DMCA Parent Safety Child Safety COPPA
© 2011 myYearbook Share

Lindsey777
#73997 by Spindel2 Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:05 pm
Ok, this Edvards messed up now .
I sent an email with a tracking to him.He is Ghana, in Accra .
Ha ha ha, not in Afghanistan .

Lindsey777 wrote:I just have one question - is this guy STUPID OR WHAT?

He just called me tonight from another phone number 233-543-193813 to ask me to get on yahoo messenger. I have just to see what he has to say....he has not received any money from me in months now - what's he after now? Oh...and he has changed is email to [email protected]. I have not gotten any emails yet, but as soon as I do - it will be posted here!

Lindsey777
#74042 by 1967j Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:36 pm
well he is using the the name michael edwards , he admitted he is not in the army , he says he is a business man from new jersey came to iraq to but some gold for some solders and now he can gome home . he is asking for 1500.00 for me and he aint getiing a penny, you aught to read the said story he is feeding me wanting to come home to meet me . please dont fall for him. i know i shouldnt talk to him but its so funny reading his text sayin that i am the only one that can help him. he said a friend to him to use the real pictures of Edwards and said he is going to stop,yea right. just thought you all want to know the new story he is telling now to watch for him thanks
#74142 by 1967j Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:14 pm
now he is asking for any amount of money to help him get home, can you believe that :evil:
#74149 by Bubbles Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:01 am
I can believe it 1967j, scammers will tell any story and lie to get money for free from people who don't know they are scammers.

He is probably in contact with 50 people and trying to get more all of the time. It is not personal to you, you look like an ATM to him.

You are correct it is not a good idea to keep in touch with him. To learn to mess with scammers take a look at our sister site www.419eater.com . There you can learn to mess with scammers safely. What you are doing is not considered safe by ScamWarners or me individually because you are using an email address which is tied to your real life.

#74165 by libbyanne Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:40 am
Ladies this guy has at last count 48 profiles on Tagged and more are popping up daily....I have been scammed too his name that he used with me was Snr Sgt James Edwards..deployed in Afghanistan.... He Im's me every now and again but I ignor him he tell me that I am the love of his life...yea right.... I feel sorry for the poor Soldier's who's photo's they really are... They are ruining good honest Soldiers lives and they are ignorant of the fact that their Photos are being used in this manner. Here are some of the Profile names attached to the photos that they are using:-
JOHNSON E. 49 LAS VEGAS;
EDWARDS L. 50 NEW YORK;
MICHELL E. 52 ORLANDO;
MARK E. 50 ACADIA;
DAVID E. 47 JUPITER;
JASON E. 46 BATESVILLE;
PRESTON E. 51 RICHMOND;
JOHN E. 41 MODESTO;
EDWARDS W. 50 LOS ANGELES;
THOMAS E. 48 NEW BOSTON;
RICHY E. 50 LOS ANGELES;
DAVID E. 44 HOUSTON;
RICHY E.50 LOS ANGELES;
EDWARDS A.50 NEW YORK;
EDWARDS A. NEW YORK;
EDWARDS S. 50 ADDISON;
EDWARDS WIL 51 NEW YORK;
EDWARDS K 46 NEW YORK;
EDWARDS B.48 SEATTLE;
EDWARDS D 51 BEDFORD;
LT THOMAS E. 48 HOBOKEN;
JOHN E. 51 ASHLEY;
EDWARDS M 54 TAMPA;
JEFFERY E 49 TAMPA;
SMITH EDWARDS 48 DALLAS;
EDWARDS 51 NEW YORK;
RAPH 401E 46 MIAMI;
IAN E. 54 CAMPBELLTON;
EDWARDS W.40 NORCROSS;
ED E. 41 BURNHAM;
EDWARDS S. 41 BRONX;
EDWARDS L 60 NEW YORK;
FREY E. 54 PROVO;
FREY EDWARDS 58 NEW YORK

This is just a few to look out for....
Last edited by Bubbles on Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Edited to add spacing for clarity.