Information on romance scams and scammers.
#183038 by kodybear622 Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:40 pm
Wow! Well I am the latest victim of "Sgt Ralph Edwards". Luckily for me, I did not send him any money. I would NEVER send money or a cell phone to anyone that I met on the internet. And I would NEVER send money or gifts to someone in Nigeria after they told me they were stationed in Afghanistan. Anyway, I am a gay male and "Sgt Edwards" contacted me on the Bear411.com website. He claims that he lives in Tracy Calif but is currently deployed in Afghanistan and that he will be retiring soon. We were exchanging emails and pictures for 3 weeks. And he was "macking' on me really hard. Calling me "baby" and telling me how much he missed me and wanted to cuddle with me. :( Thank God I did not send him any money! He is such a liar!!!

Apparently, he is too stupid to keep his lies straight, so we were about to get in to it over him not disclosing his age to me. I had asked him 3 times and I had put my foot down and told him I would not correspond with him any further if he did not disclose his age in the next email. This is also the same email where I told him I would not loan him money to come home for a visit. I have not heard back from him. But he is about to hear from me. :twisted:
Good luck to everyone who has come into contact with him. Be safe and careful with the people you meet online.
Advertisement

#183403 by Smith Jones Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:29 am
Hi kodybear, glad you're here to tell your story. That must have been rough after chatting for 3 weeks to get that ugly reality smack that this person was a scammer. We always suggest you break off contact once you know the truth. The scammers like to tug at any emotional ties they have remaining to see if they can convince you they're the real deal. This is what they do well. They're professional liars and good at it.
I see and understand the anger too. I'm a former victim. I still have days I'm mad not only at the scammer but also myself for letting him in. Glad to see you stopped also before you gave any money. Some of us get so attached that was the easy next part. Let us know, especially me, if you need any help. Even though it was a short time, the attention, the feelings, they can come to the surface and be hard to deal with. Anger is the easy one. Pain, lonliness, I even still feel stupid for letting my scammer in. Those are harder and can take longer to heal.
#186719 by mariewoosley Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:31 pm
Yes, Master Sgt. Mike Edwards says he tested me to see if I would give him money and I said an infatique no I do not give money to strangers. I got fooled once, but not by him. They come up with all kinds of excuses. First he asked me to get in touch with this agency to call him and I said no. I told him, my husband that passed away was retired Army, so I know quite a bit about it and he tried to dismiss it.
Now he says he has gotten shot in his leg and they are shipping him back to the states and wanted me to give human.affairsunits all of my information cause he has nobody. In the beginning he said he was 48 or 49 and had a 12 year old son. Well, there was a nice lady told me quite a while ago about scams and I have learned much since then. Lost a little money also, but not much.
Also, I run across Master Sgt. Edward Chandler. That was early, he send some things my way and I promptly sent them back. It was always a different name on the packages. Which I thought was strange. I found out that most of that scum comes out Nigeria. I heard there was a gang that target widows and I agree that they think American women are stupid. They think that we do not know anything, It makes it hard for a woman looking for love to find the right person. There are so many scammers out there. Now, I just mostly play their game until I have something else to do. I think it is ridiculous what they are doing. I support our soldiers all of the way and these guys need to be stopped!
#187072 by Smith Jones Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:46 pm
Hi mariewoolsey, the world of online dating is complicated any more by the scammers and I can see you have learned over time. You might want to change your online profile to not include being widowed, as it is always something you can tell someone you meet in person once you deem them worthy to spend the time to get to know. I am glad you are savvy to the military scammers, they are especially busy right now after the beginning of the year. Please watch baiting them with your personal information, as they can find plenty of information on the internet and make you miserable with phone calls, etc. Thanks for your post and stay safe in the online dating world.
#214770 by gatchagrl Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:02 pm
This guy just tried cat fishing my mom! He;s going by Burit Edwards now. I was getting suspisous after my mom told me some of the things he was saying so I did a search on his name and came up with zip. This strengthened my belief he was a fraud so next I Google searched his pic and all of this came up so busted it sucks that men like this exist.
#214773 by Dotti Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:27 pm
Welcome gatchagirl!

Please post any email addresses the scammer used.

Keep in mind that the real soldier in those photos is not involved. He is aware that his photos have been stolen, and he is as frustrated as the rest of us that they are being used, but unfortunately the scammers stole the photos he innocently posted years ago and there is no way to get them back as they have saved them to their own drives/computers.

There may be one scammer using those photos, but more likely there are dozens of different scammers behind the various emails and characters associated with those photos. That is why having the photos available for searches is so important.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#288456 by pixy_dust Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:10 am
Oh jezz!! He's now on a site called Mingle2....I just started talking to him like 20 mins ago. Let's see what HIS story is. I'll keep ya'll posted! Thank you for this site
#288475 by Tim Atem Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:09 am
Thank you for posting. If you are using your real profile to communicate with him, you need to stop because it's not safe. Please post any information you have on him to warn others.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#305696 by Tim Atem Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:32 am
This thread explains how to post photos:

https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewt ... =28&t=3219

We also need the copied/pasted emails with your personal information removed, if you can. That will help warn others.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#365934 by BitoyV Wed May 30, 2018 7:18 am
Am not sure if this is the same person but a certain US military nurse who calls herself Sgt. Michelle Edwards, has PM me thru facebook. I am suspicious because she would rather exchange emails, to get to know each other, instead of chat. I was also cautious because i might be downloading a virus. I guess i made a mistake in accepting her in facebook. Can anyone enlighten please? Thank you
BitoyV
#365939 by TheScamHater Wed May 30, 2018 8:51 am
She is likely a scammer who will try to extract money out of you (often using fake aliases such as a shipping company needing you to pay a "transport fee" etc).

Please post here her Facebook / email she wanted to write you with / other identifying details so it can warn other potential victims

Do not send money (especially Western Union Money Gram) to a stranger on the Internet! It's a scam! No matter the reason! Don't trust them!

DO NOT tell a scammer his information is posted here or you know he is a fraud