Information on romance scams and scammers.
#332818 by KarlM Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:44 pm
Hi,
Have come across a person stating he worked as Captain in the US Army,stationed in Afghanistan.
He approached me on Romeo which is a dating site for men seeking other men.
After a couple of chats online he wanted me to contact him on email instead which was ok for me. He stated it was easier for him to be private there when on duty in Afghanistan.

After some "over"friendly correspondance, he (name used Cpt Frank Pettinicchio) claimed that he was in need of assistance to ship out some personal belongings together with money+gold that he had received from a family he had rescued down there. This I was to keep safe until he had finished his term in August and we would meet up at a place of my choice.
A small fee would I have to pay but he promised to give me the code to the box so I could take out the money I had paid for the customs&delivery...
Received an email from "the delivery company" which stated that the cost was £1100,- which was to be prepaid to a bank account with London adress.

Needless to say, I became suspicious way before this letter arrived to me, mainly because of this guys bad spelling being a native American as he stated as well as other small things that he posted in his emails.
Feel free to contact me would you need more info on this guy/subject.

Best regards,
Karl
Advertisement

#332822 by Bryon Williams Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:57 pm
Please post the emails from the fake soldier and his email address.

Also do the same with the fake delivery/shipper company.

Remove your personal information prior to submitting.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#332828 by KarlM Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:58 pm
----- Original Message -----
To: xxx
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2017 2:14 PM
Subject: ARRIVAL NOTIFICATION Monday, July 3, 2017 (1:12 PM) S/N 0455147 SDCN: COVERED

ARRIVAL NOTIFICATION
Monday, July 3, 2017 (1:12 PM)
S/N 0455147 SDCN: COVERED

Good Day Sir,

My name is Mr, Joseph Harrod, I am a Special Delivery Licensed Personal that has being assigned to deliver your consignment to you in your country, that came in as a special delivery under a seal which is not to be accessed or supervised and I must say I am pleased to be at your service Sir with due respect Sir I am sorry for contacting you late, I was waiting for confirmation from my boss, we will like you to have a confirmation of the information we have being provided for your delivery:

RECEIVER'S NAME: xxx
ADDRESS: xxx
PHONE NUMBER :xxx

If this is correct sir, then I must inform you that your consignment have arrived London and that the (UK CUSTOMS AUTHORITY) has incurred the normal £1,100 Pounds combined custom charges before your metallic box can be cleared for final delivery to you, I have attached a copy of my ID on this email and this are your consignment details:

Consignment: Military Box
Length: 36.2 inches
Width: 19.5 inches
Weight: 70kg

Respectfully Sir, More accurate to make payment transfer to London through bank transfer to the account the Customs clearing agent has provided. I will go ahead to list the account details below. When payment is completed kindly get back to me with the payment transfer slip so I can present to customs for their confirmation.

Account Name: Mr. R Negoita
Bank Holder Address : 22-23 London Road Enfield en2 6dr
Account Number: 13833574
Sort Code : 070436
Iban : GB81NAIA07043613833574
Swift : NAIADB21
Bank Name : Nationwide
Bank Address : 33 Church Street Enfield EN2 6AJ
Noted (BW)
Purpose of Payment: For Goods And Services
Payment to :Mr. R Negoita
Amount to Pay : £1,100 pounds

Please Sir,you are informed to send payment details along side with any scanned valid identification card attached to the e-mail and I am also letting you know that in a special delivery service you are in the position to give your conducive time and conditions for your delivery.

Once again Sir,I am pleased to be at your service. Thanks for your co-operation, get back to me as soon as possible and see you soon.

I wait to hear from you in good faith as am always at your service.

Please Sir,you are informed to send payment details along side with any scanned valid identification card attached to the e-mail and I am also letting you know that in a special delivery service you are in the position to give your conducive time and conditions for your delivery.

DTP
Joseph Harrod
London, United Kingdom
+447452053576
#332830 by Bryon Williams Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:21 pm
De: Joseph Harrod [ [email protected] ]
Assunto: Bereft: NOTIFICAÇÃO DE CHEGADA PM) S / N: 0492 SDCN: COVERED

Bereft: NOTIFICAÇÃO DE CHEGADA
S / N: 0492 SDCN: COBERTO

Bom Dia senhor,

O meu nome é Sr. Joseph Harrod, sou diplomata licenciado por entrega especial que está a ser designado para entregar a sua remessa para si no seu país, que veio como uma entrega especial sob um selo que não deve ser acessado ou supervisionado e eu devo Dizer que estou satisfeito por estar ao seu serviço Senhor, com o devido respeito Senhor desculpe por entrar em contato com você tarde, eu estava esperando a confirmação do meu chefe, gostaríamos que você tivesse uma confirmação das informações que temos para a sua entrega:

NOME DO RECEPTOR: #########
ENDEREÇO: ###########
##################
############### - Brasil

PS: Dê-me o seu número de celular para melhor communcation

Se isto está correto senhor, a seguir eu devo informá-lo que sua remessa chegou Londres e que (a AUTORIDADE DO CARTÃO BRITÂNICA) incorreram o normal £ 1.525 libras combinou cargas feitas sob encomenda antes de sua caixa metálica pode ser cancelada para a entrega final a você, eu tenho Anexado uma cópia do meu ID neste e-mail e este são os detalhes de sua remessa:

Consignação: Military Box
Comprimento: 36,2 polegadas
Largura: 19,5 polegadas
Peso: 70kg

Respeitosamente Senhor, Mais precisos para fazer transferência de pagamento para Londres através de transferência bancária para a conta que o agente de compensação aduaneira forneceu. Irei em frente para listar os detalhes da conta abaixo. Quando o pagamento é concluído gentilmente voltar para mim com o deslize de transferência de pagamento para que eu possa apresentar aos costumes para a sua confirmação.

Nome da Conta: Mr. R Negoita
Detentor do Banco Endereço: 22-23 London Road Enfield en2 6dr
Número da conta: 13833574
Código de classificação: 070436
Iban: GB81NAIA07043613833574
Swift: NAIADB21
Nome do banco: Nationwide
Endereço do Banco: 33 Church Street Enfield EN2 6AJ
Finalidade do Pagamento: Para Bens e Serviços
Pagamento para: Sr. R Negoita
Montante a Pagar: £ 1.525 libras

Por favor, Senhor, você está informado para enviar os detalhes de pagamento ao lado de qualquer cartão de identificação válido digitalizado anexado ao e-mail e também estou informando que em um serviço de entrega especial você está em condições de dar o seu tempo propício e condições para Sua entrega.
Mais uma vez, Senhor, tenho o prazer de estar a seu serviço. Obrigado pela sua cooperação, volte para mim o mais rápido possível e até breve.

Eu espero ouvir de você de boa fé como estou sempre ao seu serviço.
Por favor, Senhor, você está informado para enviar os detalhes de pagamento ao lado de qualquer cartão de identificação válido digitalizado anexado ao e-mail e também estou informando que em um serviço de entrega especial você está em condições de dar o seu tempo propício e condições para Sua entrega.

DTP
Joseph Harrod
Londres, Reino Unido
+447452053576

Subject: Bereft: ARRIVAL NOTIFICATION S / N: 0492 SDCN: COVERED

Bereft: ARRIVAL NOTIFICATION
S / N: 0492 SDCN: COVERED

Good day sir,

My name is Mr. Joseph Harrod, I am a special-issue licensed diplomat who is being assigned to deliver your shipment to you in your country, which came as a special delivery under a seal that should not be accessed or supervised and I must Say I am pleased to be at your service Lord, with due respect Lord sorry for contacting you late, I was waiting for confirmation from my boss, we would like you to have a confirmation of the information we have for your delivery:

RECEIVER NAME: #########
ADDRESS: ###########
##################
############### - Brazil

PS: Give me your cell number for better communcation

If this is correct sir, then I must inform you that your shipment has arrived in London and that (UK CARD AUTHORITY) has incurred the normal £ 1,525 pounds combined custom charges before its metallic carton can be canceled for final delivery To you, I have Attached a copy of my ID in this email and here are the details of your shipment:

Respectfully Sir, More precise to make transfer payment to London via bank transfer to the account that the customs clearing agent provided. I'll go ahead to list the account details below. When the payment is completed kindly come back to me with the transfer transfer slip so that I can submit to the customs for your confirmation.

Account Name: Mr. R Negoita
Bank Holder Address: 22-23 London Road Enfield en2 6dr
Account Number: 13833574
Classification code: 070436
Iban: GB81NAIA07043613833574
Swift: NAIADB21
Bank Name: Nationwide
Bank Address: 33 Church Street Enfield EN2 6AJ
Purpose of Payment: For Goods and Services
Payment for: Mr. R Negotiate
Amount to be paid: £ 1,525

Please Sir, you are informed to send the payment details alongside any valid scanned ID card attached to the email and I am also informing you that in a special delivery service you are in a position to give your time propitious and Conditions for His surrender.
Once again, Lord, I am pleased to be at your service. Thanks for your cooperation, come back to me as soon as possible and see you soon.

I hope to hear from you in good faith as I am always at your service.
Please Sir, you are informed to send the payment details alongside any valid scanned ID card attached to the email and I am also informing you that in a special delivery service you are in a position to give your time propitious and Conditions for His surrender.

DTP
Joseph Harrod
London, United Kingdom
+447452053576

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#332831 by KarlM Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:32 pm
To:
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2017 2:07 PM
Subject: Re: EMAIL FROM FRANK

You get me wrong really please stop all your doubts as it will only end our friendship, I had to take out a camera from the camp commandants office that's how I managed to take the pics and I was punished for taking out the camera he found out about it when ..I'm 100% honest with you .. the time here now is 4:35 PM and I just got back to camp .. How is your day going ??

Kisses

Frank

To:
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2017 12:56 AM

I found just now a pics of the box and it contents which I had taken yesterday.. I want you to see for yourself I'm honest with you and I don't play games am for real with you dear

On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 3:02 PM, Frank Pettinicchio < [email protected] > wrote:

Night night my dear...and hope I have managed to puzzle you in a good way.

To:
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2017 11:48 PM

My bad I have not saved the pic am talking about .. I will get from the captain I used his camera when I go to Kabul .. sorry I thought is was saved please understand about pics I don't have access to camera like I use to .. bear with me please ...

To:
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2017 11:16 PM

My bad .. pic is attached now I wish you all the best on your projects dear... I trust you can handle your work .. just like me too .. soon it will be over and I will come over .. we will talk face to face and I will tell you all about afghan .. military life is quite interesting,exciting and dangerous all at the same time ... some days are better then the other or even worst .. one never can be sure what will happen next .. mostly on mission but surly I will make it through this one and the moment I arrive camp I will email you ..

To:
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2017 10:55 PM

I understand with any chance I get to use camera I will and send you a pic.. I have a pic which was taken two days ago in Kabul just that it's dark when the pic was taken ... I will attach it to this email.. in the pic I'm the only one not standing ... tomorrow we are on duty as usual .. we have to patrol the city of Kandahar in armored tanks and trucks .... we have a mission in town tomorrow I pray it all goes as planned ... and we back in camp all safe.. I also hope for good news from London regarding the package the airplane just took off .. It's all in your hands now .. no body knows the true content of the box just you and I please keep that in mind .. I trust you will ensure the safe delivery of the package ... I will tell you all about my mission when we come back to camp tomorrow .. I pray it's not a bloody one

To:
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2017 10:40 PM

Of course we used it in the past the ban was placed recently after what happened here in camp that was a security bridge.. can't tell you all in full I just hope you understand and that this will not be a problem for us .. once the ban is lifted I will send you pics of me daily that you can 100% sure of .. and it's a deal

To:
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2017 9:58 PM

sorry dear.. don't have camera even if I had the use of webcam and cameras are not allowed here in camp for security reasons .. thought I had explained this to you my dear...

----- Svarsmeddelande -----
Från: "Frank Pettinicchio" < [email protected] >
Till:
Rubrik: EMAIL FROM FRANK
Datum: sön, juli 2, 2017 21:18

Hello xxxxx,

Yes it's my free day today, off all day ...I just got in now to my room.. I slept off this afternoon and when I woke up I played basketball after which I had to conduct my troop to ensure all is ready for tomorrow when we leave for patrol.I also had dinner now.. I'm free to chat now if your free too .. I missed you

Kisses
Frank

To:
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2017 3:46 PM

Lol your so funny darling .. I don't think there is any.. I will start my search for one today.. smiling

To:
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2017 3:24 PM

Smile then first we have to find a way to get super natural powers . smiling

To:
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2017 2:54 PM

If I had super natural power I will love to spend all nights with you .. and report back in camp before it time for patrol .

On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 5:53 AM, Frank Pettinicchio <[email protected]> wrote:

Yes I have a room to myself as a military captain here in camp also a private shower .. I trust you will handle the delivery with love and trust also that you will work with the delivery personal to ensure the safe and swift delivery of the package .. really deep inside of me dear I'm comfortable with you even from the start I had a good feelings about us .. and I was damm right ..

Kisses

Frank

To:
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2017 2:43 PM

Ok darling, I hope also the fee is not expensive but you can be rest assured that whatever amount you pay I sure will give it back to you once the box is delivered I will give you the code to open the box and take out your expenses ... also see for yourself I was 100% honest with you ... I done with cleaning my room and my laundry now relaxing in my room.. wish I could teleport myself to you now smile or if I had super natural powers like superman that will be useful at the moment .. smiles ..Kisses

Frank

To: xxx
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2017 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: VB: ARRIVAL NOTIFICATION Monday, July 3, 2017 (1:12 PM) S/N 0455147 SDCN: COVERED

Please my dear don't do this to me .. The gold bars and cash are truly inside the box .. it don't matter where the clearance fee is paid too what matters is that we have what we paid for which is getting the box delivered to you
#333469 by pradap Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:09 am
The exact thing happened to me a month or so ago, except that I declined to receive any package from him though I stupidly gave all my information, my address, my phone number, etc. I haven't heard from him since I called out on the scammy behavior (I told him it sounds like a scam and he stopped the emails).
#362649 by Birdy Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:51 am
Met this same scammer recently, with different mail adresses, claims to be now Capt. Carl Dunbar, but exactly same content on the emails.
Here i leave you his info, so it may help any of you:
[email protected]
[email protected]

ARRIVAL NOTIFICATIONS
S/N 0455147 SDCN: COVERED

Good Day Sir,

My name is Mr, Joseph Harrod, I am a Special Delivery Licensed Personal that has being assigned to deliver your consignment to you in your country, that came in as a special delivery under a seal which is not to be accessed or supervised and I must say I am pleased to be at your service Sir with due respect Sir I am sorry for contacting you late, I was waiting for confirmation from my boss, we will like you to have a confirmation of the information we have been provided for your delivery:

RECEIVERS NAME: ****
RECEIVERS ADDRESS: ****
PHONE NUMBERS: ****

If this is correct sir, then I must inform you that your consignment has arrived London and that the (UK CUSTOMS AUTHORITY) has incurred the normal £2225 Pounds combined custom charges before your metallic box can be cleared for final delivery to you, This is your consignment
details:

Respectfully Sir, More accurate to make payment transfer to London through bank transfer to the account the Customs clearing agent has provided. I will go ahead to list the account details below. When payment is completed kindly get back to me with the payment transfer slip so I can present to customs for their confirmation.

Bank Name: Lloyd's bank
Bank Address: 1 Silver Street Enfield Town EN1 3EE, England U.K
Beneficiary Name: R.S. Negoita
Sort Code: 309986
Account Number: 85979868
IBAN : GB97LOYD30998685979868
BIC: LOYDGB2L
Beneficiary Address: Unit 14 Heathrow, Green Lane, Hounslow, Middlesex Tw4 6HB, United Kingdom
Reason for payment: Goods and Services
Amount to be paid: £2225 Pounds

Please, Sir, you are informed to send payment details alongside with any scanned valid identification card attached to the e-mail and I am also letting you know that in a special delivery service you are in the position to give your conducive time and conditions for your delivery.

Once again, Sir, I am pleased to be at your service. Thanks for your co-operation, get back to me as soon as possible and see you soon.

I'm waiting to hear from you in good faith as am always at your service.

DTP

Joseph Harrod
London, United Kingdom
+447452053576