Information on romance scams and scammers.
#334503 by Bobbo Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:31 pm
I've been messaging this guy all day, having matched on Tinder, I'm in the UK. He's calling himself Simen Helge, originally from Norway, moved to the Uk when he was 19. He's lost both parents and his wife died 10 years ago. I knew it was all too sad to be true. I kept asking him specific questions, but he never really answered them. Even said, 'if you don't trust me, how can we move forward?' This was his email... I had so many suspicions he never got to the point of asking for money, luckily and no photos were exchanged from me.

"I was born in Norway,we moved to UK when i was 19yrs,i am the only child of my deceased parents. My dad was a good man during his days..He owns a Tire producing shop at Liverpool where i grew up and my mum was a Nurse. I was brought up in a very good and homely ways, I wasn't exposed to any abusive stuffs. I went to University of Aberdeen where i studied petroleum engineering and later went to University of Abu Dhabi in Dubai for my Masters in Petrol Chemical Engineering.
The first company i worked with was MOBIL in Dubai,everything was fun back then as i was still learning the environment in engineering world. I am now a professional and certified petroleum engineer. I live in Cambridge where i have my house.

My parent died 15 and 12 years ago respectively,i got married and after 10years i lost my wife too, all has changed in my life since then. I read a book called REBUILDING,this book really taught me how to start all over again and it gave me so much courage to move on....I have worked in different countries with different companies, countries like Azerbaijan,Qatar,Nigeria,Australia,Germany,Iran,Bahrain,Turkey,Egypt,Pakistan and Dubai all with different companies,i work mostly on the rig. I am presently here in Kuwait on a contract job that will lapse not until 2019 but i can come home to you anytime if we finally develop something serious. I don't want you to see distance as a problem,it can be covered up in a twinkling of an eye. All we we need is absolute communications and understanding.

Overall,people consider me to be a good balance between the cerebral and the physical. Curiously, I'm naturally curious. Most would describe me as confident (not arrogant), capable, alert, honest, attractive, sensible, friendly and resourceful. Last time I checked, I have no outstanding warrants (yes, I'm kidding). Very physically fit and active. I have all my hair and a full set of well-maintained choppers that compliment my easy grin and love of a great one-liner. For some reason I can't resist petting a nearby dog/cat. I'm equally comfortable under water (yes - SCUBA), behind a computer, with a power tool or at the rink playing for my ice hockey team (but, usually, no more than 2 of those at one time). I'm good with young children and love to see the wonderment in their wide eyes upon experiencing something new. I'm a good listener and I admit to having a relatively low-tolerance for, uh, well.. lets say...uh...indecisiveness (yeah, thats it!).
xxxx
Simen"
Advertisement

#334506 by Bryon Williams Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:45 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Please post all of his email addresses, phone numbers and user name on sites.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#334583 by Mopho2017 Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:50 am
Well done for spotting it! He also told me about the "Rebuilding" book. I say "he" in the loosest sense as it is almost certainly a well oiled organisation! So how are these people stopped does this site notify the police? Do we notify the police? They are obviously relentless in their search for innocent women to prey on! Glad you escaped their clasp too! Did he have dark hair? Beard? Good looking?
#352276 by Clevergirl Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:47 pm
I am currently talking with this guy!! I knew something was up from his first message about an hour ago.... he is calling himself Edward Willmer, same story as all the other on here. I'm now allowing him to waste his timw messaging me. What a low life!
#352279 by Bryon Williams Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:48 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Please post all of his email addresses, phone numbers and user name on sites.

Post his initial emails to you minus your personal information in other women are searching.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#352397 by Mopho2017 Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:54 am
What you have to remember it's not a person. It's an organisation of scammers.
It's so low! What made you look on here?
Or made you suspicious?
Clevergirl wrote:I am currently talking with this guy!! I knew something was up from his first message about an hour ago.... he is calling himself Edward Willmer, same story as all the other on here. I'm now allowing him to waste his timw messaging me. What a low life!