Information on romance scams and scammers.
#336047 by LadyJ1971 Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:17 pm
I just about got sucked into the scam. I met this Army soldier on militarysingles.com. He said his name was Sgt. Jeff Norwick. His phone number is: 516-323-7327 and his email address is: [email protected]. He claimed he was an only child; and, lost his parents early in life to a tragedy. His wife died a couple of years back; and, he has a 10 year old daughter named, Amy.
We texted/emailed daily; and, he told me he was in love with me. He reported he was deployed in CAR (Central Africa Republic) and this was his last mission before retirement. He would be leaving the military the end of August.
I've never seen this done before.....he sent me flowers, candy, a teddy bear, and a card. (totally surprised me as I hadn't received flowers in a very long time; and, it was convincing that he was a real person) Then, the next day he texted me and told me he couldn't wait to meet me; and, asked me how I felt about him taking a 14-day leave. He said he was aware it would extend his time in CAR; but, he was anxious to meet me.
He said he filled out of request for leave; and, would be sending it to me for my signature and my photo ID. I asked him why he needed my info; and he said the military needed it before he could get approval.
He emailed the form to me. I am quite aware of how extensive and detailed any type of government document are. I also sent it to an active ARMY military member; and, the member and I both concurred that the leave report was fake. Also, the information Jeff gave me was totally bogus as the active ARMY member told me that at Jeff's age (50) and military status (sargeant-E), the Army would have kicked Jeff out of the Army a long time ago.
I found your website JUST IN TIME ...because if I had signed the form and sent my ID, I would have been sucked into the scam. I have pics of Jeff and the fake leave report, if anyone wants to see them.
Advertisement

#336048 by Bryon Williams Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:38 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

I am glad you avoided the scam.

Stop all contact with him. Just vanish there is no need to explain anything to the thief. If you did he would only continue to lie.

The scammer is an African.

(516) 323-7327
Registered in Nassau, NY
Non Fixed Voip phone number

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/