Information on romance scams and scammers.
#338558 by malakatone Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:15 pm
Hello, I want you to give me your opinion on the case that I am going to refer you and that I am sure that it is a swindler. Unfortunately I do not have all the information I wanted because I'm not the one that contacts him but my mother. Because of how little I know my mother sent a request for friendship on Facebook a certain Mark, a French of about 50- 55 years old who claims to be decorator or something similar and who lost his wife in a car accident. As far as I know, he closed the Facebook account and now communicates with my mother for wassap.De French father and African mother has had to travel to that country because his mother is seriously ill with leukemia. As the story seemed to me a Chinese story I looked at the phone number that has my mother and I could see that it is a number from Ivory Coast. In this way I have been able to know about these scams that were new to me. I have to add that my mother is 73 years old and that I have warned her of all this but she says that she is respectful and she has not asked for money, which I doubt after having been able to hear a conversation with him in which my mother I asked him if he was sure he had money in France. I think that even if she denied it on that occasion something was asking. I have had to become my mother's spy to not fall into the lies of a character who claims to be in love with her without knowing and despite the difference in age . And all soon to know each other. For more information you have in the profile of wassap a montage with a photo of him and my mother and this message "My love I love you with all my heart" . I would like to have your opinion and I thank you in advance. :oops: :=) :oops:
Advertisement

#338568 by Mike Wilson Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:54 pm
Hello malakatone,
This has all of typical red flags or a romance scam, Single man that lost his wife to disease, accident, etc. and looking for a new companion.
The biggest red flag is the claim that his mother is African which will be used later to explain why the money needs to be sent to someone in Africa. If you mother continues to communicate with this person a request for money will come to pay for some foreseen emergency. If any money is wired to this person it will be gone forever with no real hope of recovery.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon