Information on romance scams and scammers.
#339522 by WonderIfScammed Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:07 pm
I am currently in contact with a man claiming to be Damian Edwards, Special Forces, in for 14 years, an E-5 with the 75th Ranger Regiment Extension Unit out of San Antonio, TX. He claims to be currently deployed in the middle east area with a 7 hour difference... which is not accurate. We have been in contact on and off for around 6 months. He never asked for anything until I asked if I could send him a package with some treats for him and his unit. He said he couldn't get snail mail, but that I could send him a 50$ iTunes card. He said he needed it for a secure VPN connection. He has sent multiple pictures in and out of uniform, and claims to be a widower and speaks with his son via a satellite phone. Hoping that by posting this it may help anyone out there. I'm still not sure if he is real or not, but suspect that he is a scammer. We communicate through "Hangouts".
Advertisement

#339524 by Bryon Williams Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:11 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

He is a scammer.

Post all the details you have. Phone numbers, email address and messages he sent you.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/