Information on romance scams and scammers.
#340751 by Magz Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:32 pm
Please HELP ... how can i get back my money I was scammed by the person he claimed to be Larry Hooverson Benson 54 yrs old born March 20 1963 from Ontario,Canada. He said he is a US army, divorced 9 years ago anf have 1 daughter from his ex wife.He gave me his contact number +14048509604 but he called me with this number +12394008817 when he is convincing me to claim the gift that he sent in faithhillsaircargo but i need to pay tax of P17 000 as airport tax. His email add and skype : [email protected] .
I met him in an online dating site FindmyPinay.He messaged me to email him in his email [email protected] we exchange emails but send message only once a day because he told me he cant be online as often due to his work as military man.then on Sept 23,2017 he txt me in my cellphone using his number +254402320043 that he send a gift for me and aside from text he email me that i will track this tracking number [REMOVED] in this site http://www.faithhillaircargo.info to see the items that he gifted me and to track the package where is it. Then on Sept 25 2017 i recieved an email from [email protected] informing me that my package has reached in the philippines but i need to settle the tax airport fee P17 000. I also recieved a txt message from this number +639460405298 named Luz Rivas who pretends to be an employee in faithhillaircargo philippine branch to informing me to check my email and settle my airport tax.At first i am hesitant to pay but Larry Hoover called me and convince me to claim my gift and pay for airport tax. i was stupid i was convinced after going to the website he gave and tracked the number he gave.After I paid to moneygram to reciever Luz Rivas since she was in charge in recieving the payment,I recieved email again from the faithhillaircargo that the the customs detected a big amount of foreign currency inside the box and as a reciever i need to pay P47 000 as payment for anti money laundering certificate.But I told to Larry Hoover that i dont have money like that then he told me that he called the faithhillair cargo and they only agrèed to pay 20 thousand pesos for the package to be release.After I paid to Luz Rivas the total amount of 20 thousand pesos. Another email again telling they endorse the package and i need to pay endorsement fee of 18999 pesos in order for the package to be release and i need to inform my sender about it.Larry hoover called me again through skype and message me pleading after he went bargain ning in the office of the faithhillaircargo to pay the 10000 pesos in order for the package to be release and for Larry hoover not to be blacklisted here in phillipines for he planned to visit me in the next week. After paying to Luz Rivas the 10thousand pesos knowing after paying it i will recieved the package.But no package arrived and Luz Rivas and Larry Hooversoon can not be contacted anymore after that...Please help..I know and realize now i was stupid to believe that easy and ive learned my lesson. Anyone please help me to get back my money please..
Advertisement

#340785 by Mike Wilson Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:07 pm
Hello and thank you for posting the information on this scam. Once the money has been sent and collected there is very little chance of recovering your money.

Please file a report here https://www.econsumer.gov/#crnt and the also file a fraud report with the company that you used to send the money.

Please post the full email that asked you to send money to help other potential victims find information on this scam.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon