Information on romance scams and scammers.
#86865 by ginw Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:00 am
Details for whoever it is posing as 'Marc Andrews'. Used the same e-mails as listed above for James Andrews. However the number I was given was a Turkey number, and there was no agression or request for anything......00905488282958 ([email protected])

This is the NZ number I was given but actually the 2 times I tried it there was no answer! 098 893 054

I will try to post the photos I was sent.
Advertisement

#87950 by Kikixoxo Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:53 pm
I also met the same man on match.com he claimed that he lived in Salem Oregon and he had a 15 year old daughter he also said that he had to go to Turkey to finalize his fathers will. I am very glad I found this post thank you so much for sharing
#89262 by karensunandfun Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:58 pm
I met this same man on okcupid.com he posted as clayluv. He asked to join him on yahoo.messenger and told me his name was clayton riley. His yahooid is [email protected]. he has a picture of himself and then a photo with his daughter Janet.
He claims to be a civil engineer and he just landed this great contract in Benin. he gave me this number to call..
I called it yesterday and I couldn't understand him enough to carry on a conversation. I was suspicious from the start. but up until today he didn't ask for anything. this morning he claims that the goverment is coming in to close down his operation because he doesn't have the necessary permits. They need $2300 could I loan him $300. :laugh-s:
#89265 by Justin Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:16 pm
Hello karensunandfun!

No news to you but 100% scam. Also that phone number starting with +234 country code is a Nigerian number. Glad you got suspicious!

Justin

#107001 by AmerikanDreamer Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:20 pm
Hey all...

My heart SANK when I found all of these comments! Obviously, something was telling me to dig deeper about this guy, but he's gotten realllly good. I met this guy on Match.com and have been talking to him for over a month. Needless to say, the emails posted earlier were IDENTICAL to the first one's I received!! After talking via match.com and private email for a couple of weeks we exchanged numbers...he has a local number and claimed to live in Enfield, CT. I had no trouble reaching him by phone or text, and he told me from day one that he was working on his father's will, etc....I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE I HAVE TO POST THIS INFO RIGHT NOW!! :evil: SOOOO....he supposedly had to fly to the UK a few weeks ago, and gave me a London # to call him on! Both numbers have worked just fine. He even asked me to pick him up from the airport on Friday!!! He forwarded me his itinerary (though I noted the ticket hadn't actually been purchased, just booked) Right after....the "emergency" took place....he can't come up with all the $$ to get his father's gold bars out of Turkey. He needed $56,000 and is short $12,000. Could I come up with ANY amount? As he HAS to get this done by Thursday so he can come home Friday and put this behind him....WHAT?? Funny how I haven't heard a word from him in two days since I told him no. After talking to him via phone/email 2-3 x's daily....nothing.

The info I have on him is Marc Alexander, dob 01/12/1960 (previously told me 8/9 but said it was a simple mistake...that's "his daughter's" birthday) Phone #s 203-309-2212 and UK # 44 787 228 2446 and email [email protected]

Here are the alias' I've seen so far:
Mark Andrews, Marc Alexander, James Andrew, James Andrews, Andrew James, Thomas Jones
And different emails, all @yahoo.com:
andrewsjames6138
james405093
tothomjon
andrewsmarc78
claytonrey80
marcalexander937

Addresses:
Seattle,WA - Amanda, OH - Salem, OR - Enfield,CT

Ties to:
UK, Turkey, Australia, Sweden (he told me he was born in Gothenburg,Sweden)

Work:
Mechanical Engineer - Oil/construction....Told me he wanted to open an Antiques buisiness when he gets home, and what did I think?

Dating sites:
Match - OKCupid - Interpals

I'm not sure how to post pictures, but it should have been a clue something was wrong when he told me he had to email them b/c he couldn't text them from his IPHONE!!! SMH.... :oops:
#107007 by Justin Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:11 pm
Hello AmerikanDreamer,

I'm sorry to hear you were targeted by this scammer. I'm glad you got suspicious though and the info you posted may help someone else avoid the scammer just like the previous post helped you. Unfortunately it's fairly easy for scammers to get US numbers I won't go in to details how as we do not want to educate any scammers that stumble upon the site.

You can find out how to post pictures by going here viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219

Justin

#107035 by AmerikanDreamer Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:02 am
SOOOO>...the bottom of this page says "Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
and by Marc Alexander © 2008
Copyright © 2007 - 2012 Scamwarners.com"

WTH IS THAT ABOUT??? Freakin me out, for real...
#107243 by AmerikanDreamer Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:39 am
Justin wrote:It's just an odd coincidence Marc Alexander is the designer of the type of forum we use. The scammer just happened to use the same name.

Thanks, Justin....as an update, all of this guy's emails were generated out of Turkey. I guess he got a UK number just as easily as a US number local to me. CRAZY. Is there a way to block his emails? I can't believe how emotional all of this has been....I can't believe with all the phone conversations he never sounded suspicious, or even hesitated in his responses even once! By the looks of it, I guess he's rehearsed his story enough times he probably believes it himself. Sick bastard. :evil:
#107268 by Justin Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:07 am
Depending on what email service you use you can filter messages to go straight to trash. Just google what ever service + filter and you should be able to find instructions if your not sure how to do it.

Eventualy the scammer will give up and stop.

#108208 by symon Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:14 pm
I was so glad to find this site and post- Marc Alexander is scamming me right now! I met him on match.com. I have received the same emails as others, same photos too!
He is at the "gold bars" but now they are in Thailand! He is close to asking for money. I got suspicious when he sent the itinerary from London with a return in a week. His hometown on match.com wasn't far from where I live. So I questioned him. Then the "gold bar"
stories started. He has tried to call me several times, I answered once and could not understand him, but I knew he didn't have a European accent .
I went searching again and found all your posts-thank you. I have since blocked his emails.
#108214 by Justin Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:42 pm
Hi symone,

Sorry to hear you were targeted by this scammer but glad you got suspicious. If any details like phone numbers or email addresses are differant than posted please add them. This may help someone else avoid the scammer.

Justin

#108287 by symon Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:32 am
Thank you, Justin for your reply. He used a variety of phone numbers each time, one came in as unknown, one was restricted and then if I didn't answer he would call in on 447-872-282339. The email used was [email protected]. I read in one of your posts that this is actually a rerouted number - no surprise there. Looking quickly one would think that it is indeed a foreign number, however, having been to England, calling from the US or out of England or other countries, one must add additional exchange numbers, not just the country code. There were actually many things over the week or so he sent emails that made me suspicious - all of the same things the others have posted, including one email where he went on and on about how great it was to talk to me and hear my voice - I had never talked to him! And most men (no offense) don't offer their feelings so quickly or talk poetry the way this scammer does. But I will say I was as intrigued as others have been. I did talk with Match.com to notify them, they told me anyone that wants to quickly start emailing on a personal email, like after one through Match, should be red flagged - and this guy does that after one email. After looking through your site, I was shocked at all the different types of scams out there - do any of them ever get caught?
#108290 by Justin Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:51 am
Unfortunately getting them caught is not an easy task or something that happens often. These scammers who mostly originate from West Africa hide behind several layers of lies. None of the information they provide is real so finding the actual scammer can be almost impossible. Even if you do find them you cave to find a law enforcement agency that has the willingness and resources to apprehend the criminal which once you consider the unwillingness of the scammers home country to cooperate makes it near impossible.

The best offense is exposing the scammer on sites like ours so others may avoid them.