Information on romance scams and scammers.
#5178 by Ralph Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:19 pm
I recieved an email from "Cynthia", in one of my email accounts, the email address it came from is [email protected]

I may post more of her emails later but if anybody has been contacted by her, rest assured it is another scammer

Cynthia Douge

Hello,with love
My name is Miss Cynthia, i saw your profile today and become interested to know more about you,
Please i want you to send mail to my address so i can send you my picture and tell you more about me,
Wish you the best have a nice day,
thanks yours Cynthia

I checked the IP and it came from 196.207.251.11 Senegal (Dakar)*
Advertisement

#5196 by Ralph Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:18 am
Here is the second email in the series,

My Dearest Love xxxxxxx
I am more than happy when i saw your mail.How was your day?,Mine is a little bit cold over here in Dakar Senegal. My name is Miss cynthia Douge from Liberia in West Africa,5.7ft tall, dark in complexion,23 years old (never married before) and presently i am residing in the refugee camp here in Dakar as a result of the civil war that happen in my country then and still going on secretly.

My late father Mr Joseph Douge was the managing director of Douge industry (Ltd) and he was the personal adviser to the former head of state ( Charles Taylor) before the rebels attacked our house one early morning and killed my father and other members of the family in cold blood.

It was only me that is alive, it is by the infinite mercy of God that made me to escape the tragic incidence because i know he hold my future that is why i am a live today now and I managed to make my way to a near by country Senegal in west africa where i am leaving now.

I would like to know more about you.Your likes and dislikes, you know love, understanding and tolorance covers a lot of mistakes in a life of a couple that why i will love to know your hobbies and what you are doing presently.I will tell you more about myself in my next mail.
Attached here is my picture, which i will like to see yours as well.
Hoping to hear from you soonest,
Thanks
Miss cynthia doge

What do you know, about the only truth you will hear is where she is from.

#5204 by Ralph Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:47 pm
Here is the 3rd installment and where you get to talk to the real scammer, in this case a reverand, scammers love using religion to seem more realistic.

My Dearest Sweet Darling

I am very very happy to see your reply to my mail .
How are you today? How was your night, hope fine? Mine is a little bit hot over here today in Dakar Senegal. In this camp were we are not allowed to go out of the camp It's just like one staying in the prison and i hope by God's grace i will come out here soon.
I don't have any relatives now whom i can go to, all my relatives ran away in the middle of the war the only person i have now is Reverend Father Greg Odou, who is the Rev Father of ( St.Mary's Catholic Church) here, he has been very nice to me since i came here but i am not living with him rather i am leaving in the women's hostel because the camp have two hostels one for men the other for women.
The Rev Tel number is ( 00 221-76-297-4442) When you call tell him that you want to speak with me he will send for me in the hostel.
As a refugee here i don't have any right or privilege to any thing because it is against the law of this country.I want to go back to my studies because i only attended my first year before the tragic incident that lead to my being in this situation now took place.
Listen to this i have my late father's statement of account and death certificate here with me which i will send to you latter,because when he was alive he deposited some amount of money in a leading bank in Europe which he used my name as the next of kin, so far this life is concern one man knowledge or idea can never make a real seance or direction until he or her meet the one who have a vision conscience and fear of God in him and higher and matured than him or her in knowledge and divine wisdom , because in life you cannot move forward unless you seek for him that is higher than you in wisdom,knowledge and understanding of this present life i believe by the fear of God and his divine conscience that is in you the i entrust my hope and my future in your care i know that God will use you to make a way for me remember being white or black doesn't matter but one good turn deserve another be a light for others for them to see through you. this is the amount in question is $4.5M (Four Million Five Hundred Thousand Dollars).
So i will like you to help me transfer this money to your account and from it you can send some money for me to get my travelling documents and air ticket to come over to meet with you.
I kept this secret to people in this camp here the only person that knows about it is the Reverend because he is like a father to me.because i am afraid to loose this money if they gets to know about it. So, in the light of above i will like you to keep it to yourself and don't tell it to anyone for i am afraid of loosing my life and the money if people gets to know about it.
Remember i am giving you all this information due to the trust i deposited on you.I like honest and understanding people,truthful and a man of vision,truth and hardworking.
My favorite language is English.
Mean while i will like you to call me when you have chance, Because i have alot to tell you.Have a nice day and think about me.
Am waiting to hear from you soonest
Yours forever in love
CYNTHIA

Edited with some google search results;
I like taking a look around to see other examples of the same scammer at work, by doing so I can get an idea of how big a group I am dealing with and possibly find other aliases of the same scammer.

The other bonus is that is shows potential victims how they can do some searching for themselves if they ever meet an "online friend".

The first search I will do is on the email address in this case the address only comes up on this site which indicates that the address is most likely recently created by the scammer which makes it all the more important to post it. Click Here

Next I try some variations on the email address, first without the email providor then reverse the names but still only this post.

Next I searched on the name Cynthia Douge and finnaly I am having some luck Click Here a few profiles come up, most of which you need to be a member to see but one of them you can see the profile in, still no conclusive proof by searching so I will try another search.

An area that can often produce results when searching for clues it searches on parts of their emails, pick out an unusual line, I picked this "In this camp were we are not allowed to go out of the camp" then search on it, now we are getting somewhere Click Here now you can see other examples of the same scam script most likely by the same scammer or same group of scammers
#7814 by alexsk Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:47 pm
Hi ralph ,

i'm Alex from the netherlands and received this mail just a couple of minutes ago

For your information , best regards Alex
[i]
[/i]

her email adress is changed in : [email protected]

this is the content of her email.......

Hello Friend,

I know this mail will come as surprise to you but in a brief introduction.
My name is Miss.Cynthia J Douge 24 years from Darfur Sudan and orphan,It is
my pleasure communicating with you, I got your email in India reliable
data's and after my fasting and praying my spirit convinced me that you
are good and honest person that was why i contacting you for your
assistance and trust you because i know that you are honest, kind and
caring person.

I am presently in Dakar-Senegal under Asylum in Refugee Camp because of
the Currently war in my Country Darfur Sudan that make me to lose my
father and mother, I am the only daughter of my parents. I have legal
certificate of deposit ($5.5million).Five million Five hundred thousand
dollars my late beloved father deposited in a leading bank in Europe legally under
my name as the next of kin when he was alive and all the legal documents
that covering this money under my name is with me here..

I want to live the rest of my life in your position and invest with this
money under your care and management. As soon as i join you i will further
my Education then you will be investing with the money till i finish my
school. I am waiting for your reply because i need your assistance. please
help me because of my life.
Sincerely,
Miss.Cynthia
#7816 by Dan Jones Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:20 am
Thanks for posting the new addy Alex. It will enable victims to find out that she's a scammer and hopefully save them a lot of heart ache and money.

Please post any others you find.
#7821 by Ralph Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:48 am
Hi Alexsk
Welcome to Scamwarners.

I am glad to hear you managed to avoid being scammed, thanks for the additional information, if you have any questions or find information on other scammers please feel free to ask about them
#8548 by jamesbond007 Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:42 pm
Dearest love,

Firstly, I wish to clarify you so that you will know me fully and understands the nature of this transaction. I wish to explain more to you in details my position and how you are to help me. Presently, I am residing here in Senegal where I am seeking asylum under the United Nations High Commission for the refugees due to the crisis in my origin country, Liberia.

I am sending you this mail from the office of the Reverend-Father here in the refugees camp, the telephone number of the Reverend Father is +221 768644196, you can call me through the Reverend Father and tell him you want to speak with Tina Saybana (a Liberian Girl). I told the Reverend Father about my situation and he permitted me to be accessing my mail with his office computer. Here in the refugee camp, life is very difficult for me.

My full names are Tina Saybana Kamara,
My camp Address is: 81 Eastern Nord Foire Yoff, Dakar Senegal.
Hostel Number: Flat 14, room 8, Female Hostel:

About me:
1) I am a single daughter of my mother, 26 years old, I grew up in Liberia, my origin country.. I had my college certificate in the year 1998, I was admitted into University in the year 2000. I did my one year program in business management before the political crisis in my country began. During the crisis, I lost my father, mother and so many of my family members. Our house got burnt and I lost all my important documents like my birth Certificate and university ID card.

Now, due to the existence of my situation and my status as a refugee here in Senegal, I can not claim this money by myself and I need a foreign partner who will stand on my behalf for the claims of the funds and this is the reason why I decided to make contact with you, for you to assist me receive the funds through your bank account on my behalf, claiming you are my late father business associate overseas, despite the bank will not go to the extent of asking who you are. Your help is just to ask them the possibilities of transferring these funds to your bank account and to provide your full bank account information for the transfer. I have all the information concerning the deposited funds which includes the fund deposit certificate which I will be sending to you when the need arose. Everything concerning this fund transfer transaction is clear and legal.

The reason why I need your help is to be sincere in your heart and assist me receive the money into your account which I believe will be safe in your bank account. Though I do not have experiences about international transfer transactions, so there is nothing I can do without your help. I wouldn't have bordered you if I have ways of claiming the funds by myself but I believe that without you being a foreigner, I will be helpless because of having no foreign bank account and nobody overseas as a friend or partner.

After the transaction of the money into your account, you will help me withdraw some money from the account and send to me through my camp Reverend Father to get all my traveling documents ready to fly over to join you over there and have a good life with you and also invest the money with you in a good business investment as partners and will also continue my university education upon your advice.

Once the money it transferred to your bank account over there and after some investments, you will marry me if you wish or can direct me to a reasonable man who will marry me and love me as I need a man who is caring, honest, sincere and loving. I need a man who will always tell me the truth from his heart, a man who will be my father, brother, best friends and if the nature permits, a husband. But if marriage is out of our lucks, I will not mind but as long as we got along together with real love, I will definitely be satisfied. I will want you to think over this matter very well and understand in your heart if you really want to help me. If yes, I will live the rest of my life to appreciate your goodness and kind assistance, but if no, I suggest you make it open to me because I don't want to under-go further torture any longer.

Once I get you well, I will send you the transferring bank's contact details so that you will contact them for the transfer of the funds to your bank account on my behalf and also find out the possibilities of transferring this fund to your position from the bank, OK? I really appreciate your concern. Waiting for your urgent response so that we can proceed. I will prepare the draft letter which you will send to the bank on your honesty assurances and guarantees of dealing safely with me on the fund transfer. May God bless you.

Regards love,

Miss Tina Saybana.
#8549 by jamesbond007 Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:43 pm
Dearest love,

Many thanks for your prompt agreement to my proposal. First of all, I really need your assurance that you are capable and ready to help me in business investment in your country and to assist me receive the capital (money) in your bank account without betraying me at the end. Also assure me that you will keep this transaction strictly confidential and to yourself only.. Could you please tell me more about yourself, business and family and send me thus:

(1). Age:
(2). Nationality:
(3). Occupation:
(4). Marital Status:
(5). Your Full Names.
(6). Country of Residence:
(7). Your Home/Office Address(es):
(8). Your Home/Cell/Mobile Telephone and Fax Numbers:
(9). Your Picture/ID card/International Passport Copy for Identification:
(10). Your Bank A/C Details / Information where the fund will be transferred safely:

On receipt of the above from you, this is the way you will assist me. You will make an arrangement to receive the fund in your bank account through Bank to Bank Transfer (B.B.T). I need you to do this for me because I really want to invest overseas and I need a foreigner who can be my partner and adviser on the type of business where I can invest my money-on for profit making aims because I can not make the claims by myself due to my status as a refugee here in republic of Senegal.

On your readiness and assurance to help me receive the fund in your bank account on my behalf, I will be sending you more details and once I receive the above requirements from you, I will introduce you to the concerned bank immediately for the transfer of the said fund to your bank account before my arrival in your country.

For you confirm the actual person you are really in contact with, attached is my picture.

I await your urgent response.

Best regards,

Miss Tina Saybana.