Information on romance scams and scammers.
#343494 by Kim77 Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:43 am
Almost got caught out by this one. Gary James or Gary James Keith. Said he was Sargent fist class with military intelligence. Also profiles using same picture Derrick Riggs. Contacted me through Facebook, said had son called Michael and was divorced. Very convincing act, totally fell for it. Then he started asking for money, just small amount at first "for Michael". Didn't pay. He kept going though. Then he was deployed to Syria, and that's when the leave permit request and $500 appeared. Challenged him and he was really persistent, However, I my be gullible but am not stupid. His email was [email protected]. Any chance I can report this to the US army?
Advertisement

#343497 by Kim77 Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:29 am
This guy sent a friend request through Facebook. I thought he was cute so I started to talk to him. He immediately started loveboming me, you're beautiful, love you, soulmate etc. I was lonely and fell for it. He was in military intelligence and divorced with 6yrold son. The first request for cash was for an iTunes card for his kid as he was stuck on duty. I said no, he was fine about it, I thought it was all ok. I usually sit in the gullible, not stupid section, but this guy is very convincing. Still loved me, wanted to visit me etc. This continues until suddenly he gets deployed to Syria, bullets flying and constant danger, he wants me to pay $500 for a request for leave....like I said gullible, not stupid. I googled it and found it was a scam, I challenged him and asked for his home address and he kept the lie going, providing me with an address which did exist. Then it was, I didn't trust him, he was heartbroken etc. I did some more research today and found the image he was using was of an army chaplain, I can honestly say I was gutted when I saw the pictures of Derrick Riggs. I genuinely feel sorry for the guy having his picture used to rip off women. So I hope this post helps someone not end up feeling as crappie as I do right now.