Information on romance scams and scammers.
#345798 by robertlandon22 Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:05 am
I have a question I met a gay army guy [email protected] this is his email address and told me that he had gold and was going to send it to me. I’m worried cause he stuck in over in Afghanistan or somewhere like that but the gold is in us custom in Ghana and if I don’t pay the us customs $1,500 they said I would be going to jail please let me know if this is all a scam
Advertisement

#345799 by Bryon Williams Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:12 am
It is a scam.

Please post the emails he sent to you. Remove your personal information prior to submitting.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#345800 by robertlandon22 Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:16 am
I have everything on google hangouts and the person that told me everything is Mr Glen smith

Bryon Williams wrote:It is a scam.

Please post the emails he sent to you. Remove your personal information prior to submitting.
#345801 by robertlandon22 Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:19 am
This is the email I have of Mr Glen smith:

My name is Mr.Glen Smith am the diplomat of your Husband Mcjames Scott told you about me. I am to deliver some special package to you that contains some important military documents and other stuffs which are important to him as he stated. I have a lot to do about this package since he told me that the package means a lot to him and i have to make sure that nothing happens to it...By so doing i need not to come straight to your location and has specify on rules to follow to deliver the package safe,am sure he told you this .I am to pass through the countries where there are low security measures to be able to make it to your location.For now what i want you to do for me is to confirm some details about you which your husband gave me today .This also means, i will need your full corporation and your assistance so i can serve you and your husband to your fullest satisfaction .I really have a lot of respect for your husband because he is doing a lot for our country United State and making sure that, peace comes to my country. I have devoted myself to help him with this package. I know its not going to be easy for me because of security measures and check points this days.All the same i will do all what i can to get this going so i hope you will stay with me to make this easy for both of us.....Hope to hear from u very soon
Glen

robertlandon22 wrote:I have everything on google hangouts and the person that told me everything is Mr Glen smith

Bryon Williams wrote:It is a scam.

#345802 by robertlandon22 Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:30 am
Please let me know if all of this is a scam. The previous question I said about the gold in us custom is registered in my name and was wondering if all of this is a scam and should I run away from all of this since I’m a gay man and did not know about this and what should I do thanks
#345807 by AlanJones Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:49 am
Bryon has already told you that it is a scam.

There is no gold and the solider that you are in contact with is most likely a young African who spends his whole day trying to steal from people.

Please post the email address of Glen Smith. The scammer's other victims may be searching for it.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#345813 by AlanJones Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:32 am
robertlandon22 wrote:Mr Glen keeps emailing me and wants to know when I am sending him the money

He will continue to email you as long as you are responding to him. The best thing to do is block his email and don't respond to any more messages from him. Just delete them unopened.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#345814 by robertlandon22 Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:42 am
To Alan Jones I wanna day thank you so much for letting me know that all of this is a scam. I just deleted my old email address that he had from my me and created a new email address for myself so I won’t fall victim again :D
#345816 by robertlandon22 Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:40 am
Just wanted to say thank you all for your help and for letting me know that all of this is a scam now I can relax and don’t have to worry about going to jail. Keep me posted and let me know if you need anything else from me I deleted my old email address and created a new one and I hoping all of this is a scam for real
#345839 by robertlandon22 Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:11 am
I have a question is this really true and can this happen THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (FBI)

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
INTELLIGENCE FIELD UNIT
J. EDGAR HOOVER BUILDING
935 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE,NW WASHINGTON,D.C.

I AM SPECIAL AGENT JOHN EDWARD FROM THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (FBI) INTELLIGENCE UNIT, WE HAVE JUST INTERCEPTED AND IMPOUNDED TWO CONSIGNMENT ACTS WHICH YOU HAVE USED AGAINST A MILITARY DELIVERY MAN

FURTHERMORE, THEY HAVE SCANNED THE SAID BOXES, AND FOUND IT TO CONTAIN LARGE SUM OF GOLD AND ALSO BACKUP DOCUMENT WHICH BEARS YOUR NAME AS THE RECEIVER OF THE GOLD CONTAINED IN THE BOXES, INVESTIGATIONS CARRIED OUT ON THE DIPLOMAT WHICH ACCOMPANIED THE BOXES INTO GHANA HAS IT THAT HE WAS TO DELIVER THIS FUNDS TO YOUR RESIDENCE AS PAYMENT WHICH WAS DUE TO YOU FROM FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF GHANA THROUGH SECURITY COMPANY IN UNITED KINGDOM.

ACCORDING TO SECTION 229 SUBSECTION 31 OF THE 2005 AMENDED CONSTITUTION IN TAX PAYMENT, THEY SAID YOUR CONSIGNMENT LACKS PROOF OF OWNERSHIP CERTIFICATE FROM THE JOINT TEAM OF THE IRS AND HOMELAND SECURITY, AND THEREFORE, YOU MUST CONTACT THEM FOR DIRECTION ON HOW TO PROCURE THIS CERTIFICATE SO THAT YOU CAN BE RELIEVED OF THE CHARGES OF EVADING TAX WHICH IS A PUNISHABLE OFFENSE UNDER SECTION 12 SUBSECTION 441 OF TAXATION LAW ON TAX EVASION.

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO CONTACT THIS DELIVERY MAN BEFORE ANY CHARGES BEING TAKEN AGAINST YOU

ANY EMAIL FROM THE MILITARY DELIVERY MAN MR GLEN ABOUT YOU AGAIN WILL PUT YOU INTO JAIL..YOU USE OTHER EMAIL TO FRIGHTEN AND PUT ASSAULT ON THE DIPLOMAT AND YOU NEED TO APOLOGIZE FOR THAT BEFORE WE TAKE CHARGES AGAINST YOU IN THE NEXT 72 HOURS

YOU HAVE TARNISH THE IMAGE OF THE ARMY

YOURS IN SERVICE,
AGENT JOHN EDWARD
REGIONAL DEPUTY-DIRECTOR
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
INTELLIGENCE FIELD UNIT
J. EDGAR HOOVER BUILDING
935 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE,NW WASHINGTON,D.C.
2035-0001,USA.
robertlandon22 wrote:Just wanted to say thank you all for your help and for letting me know that all of this is a scam now I can relax and don’t have to worry about going to jail. Keep me posted and let me know if you need anything else from me I deleted my old email address and created a new one and I hoping all of this is a scam for real
#345842 by AlanJones Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:41 am
The scammer is now pretending to be the FBI in a further attempt to get you to pay the money.

Just delete the email and don't respond to any emails from anyone regarding the package - they will all be from the scammer.

What email address did the scammer use to pretend to be the FBI?