Information on romance scams and scammers.
#346860 by ESED1 Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:46 pm
Oh, boy...where to begin?
My first time being scammed on Match.com. If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is.
First communication was November 10th. He immediately requested to communicate by gmail account.
Many things in common (of course!) followed quickly by proclomation of love i.e. soulmate, forever, etc.
Working as a contract engineer in Dubai. Widowed with a 12 year old son (who lives in South Africa.) Wife was tragically killed in a car accident. Pictures were consistent with his story. He asked me to pick out a home for us (and our two children), as I stated that I would not consider moving from my town. Moon and the stars were promised. Lots of endearments with e-mails and messaging (My Love, Baby, Honey - ick!) When we finally spoke, via Google Hangout, I was surprised that his English was very broken - hard to believe, as his upbringing appeared to be in the U.S. and (by God!) he had attended MIT! Small inconsistencies. The last email from this morning was the clencher ; prefabricated questions. I copied and pasted them to the search engine and, Voila! Here I am! Lesson learned; I am glad that intuition finally kicked in - head over heart. Pasting the questions for you:

Do you believe in love, even amidst this crazy world we find ourselves in?

Do you believe that happiness has value more than every material thing we may get in life?

Do you believe that you have a good heart to care for people unconditionally?

If you found $100 bill on the road and see a hungry orphan, would you feed him?

If you get into an argument with me, and I pull you close to kiss you, would you kiss me back?

Would you love those close to me as I would love all those who matter to you?

If I bring you breakfast to your bed would you kiss me after saying thanks?

Would you like to run away with me sometimes, where we would be out of the business environment to spend quality time together?

Do you believe the world should concentrate more on peace projects than war funding?

Do you have faith that every man is the architect of his own destiny?

Do you believe that life without love is like a harp without strings?

Do you know that you can’t make someone love you, all you can do is be someone who can be loved, the rest is up to the person to realize your worth?

If God is the DJ, then life is the dance floor and love is the rhythm, and you might be my rhythm?

If you have said yes to all these and you say no to my next question then you might not really know what you want then... lol.

WOULD YOU BE MINE TODAY, TOMORROW AND UNTIL END OF TIME?
Advertisement

#346861 by AlanJones Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:08 pm
Please post the email address this scammer is using, his other victims may be searching for it.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.