Information on romance scams and scammers.
#5295 by Holly Brown Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:19 pm
This scammer was on 50star – a dating site for disabled people. Many disabled people are extra-vulnerable because our appeal is to a more limited range of people.

I was unable to get his picture, but he uses the picture of a Caucasian man.

This is his profile on the site:
General Info
NickName: chriswithsmile
Sex: Male
Misc Info
City: richardson
State: Texas
The Challenge(s) in My Life: Im not Disabled
Mobility: Independent
Looking For: Female
I'M Here For: Relationships, Marriage
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Body Type: Athletic
Height: 5Ft 9In
Religion: Christian
Education: Grad school student
Children: Proud Parent
Drink/Smoke: Neither

DescriptionTags: hello
Headline: Hello!!!!!!
Description: Hello im chris williams im an artist and i love wht i do........i have a son who is 7 yrs and hes all i have, i like swimming,dancing,camping and alot more...........

His email to me:
Hi Angel,
First before i go on i will like to make u understand that whatever makes you different is what makes you beautiful.Its a great pleasure writting to you and i hope to see ur reply after reading.
As a matter of fact it occurs to me that even with the hard times and rough experiences one has had in the past,life would still have to go on.
I am actaully sending this to make u know that i have been able to catch you where u been hiding and letting u know we can become more of good friends and even more than just a friend if thats what it is destined to be.There are more to share and discuss but if u dont mind u can reply to my personal email address which is [email protected] or meet me up for a chat on yahoo messenger if u are interested in getting aquainted and my yahoo id is chriswillians234 ,Life is fun and short so lets live it wisely.Take good care of urself and have a nice time out there as i await ur reply.
Chris................
Advertisement

#5312 by Ralph Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:55 am
Thank you for posting here Holly,

I will point out that these pictures have been stolen and the person in the pictures is not likley to know about how his photos are being used to scam people

This is the picture he most comonly uses on dating profiles

And here is another picture he uses

He will also use a photo of the same person on a boat and another in a stable with a horse.

He will claim to have a young son and is likely to show you his pictures as well. The usual picture which could change is of 2 children opening a present it is titled "Demian and mike"

His scam will vary to suit but he will usually tell you his son has been in an accident and needs life saving surgery for which he will have to pay, of course his money will be tied up and he will ask to borrow money from you to pay for this operation to save his sons life.

Of course it is all lies designed to encourage you to part with your cash, he will attempt to make you feel gulty if you dont pay and will acuse you for his sons death if you dont pay him any money.

I say again, it is all lies, this is an African man using stolen pictures from an internet cafe in Africa in an attempt to steal money and he has absolutely no remorse for those he steals from
He has profiles on quite a few sites including Gay and disabled dating sites, if you still have doubts just ask and we can point you to further proof that he is a scammer