Information on romance scams and scammers.
#351938 by Albertparis Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:26 pm
I started talking to this guy named “Kevin” who I met through an online dating site. He’s apparently a Mechanical Engineer deployed in a peace keeping mission under the supervision of US in the Middle East.

His English was choppy and didn’t quite make a lot of sense a lot of times. But I was able to get his phone number which he said was an American cell phone while working in the Middle East.

A lot of short conversations were had and simple back and forth questions. He started shooting me texts that were almost love letter paragraphs that possibly could’ve worked on someone, but I just couldn’t fall for that bullshit. I’m going to copy and paste so you can all read:
“Trust, loyalty and respect are a must for eternal happiness. No matter how much you love someone if you dont have these ingredients you will never succeed.”

“To be in love means being patient but to be patient you must trust him first.You can never find love through the eye or ear, so you must trust the only thing that will never fade until you die, your heart.Love is like trust, when you find your special someone it is as if you're trusting them with your heart.Trust is what you put in someone's hands. Faith is what you hold on to.”

“Without honesty, love gets unhappy, and without trust, love gets unstable.Love is a wonderful gift; trust in it, believe in it, give it, and it will be returned to you to give again and again.”

“For you can love many, but without trust you have nothing.The heart already knows what the mind can only dream of. Trust your heart.Distance cannot,they are on the inside, but when he betrays your trust, they become the ugliest person in the world.”

I basically copied and pasted one of these paragraphs which brought me to this great website. I called him out on his shit and I’ve yet to hear from him. Luckily his scam didn’t go far with me!

I’ll share the phone number he used:
‭+1 (769) 206-6588‬
Advertisement

#351939 by Bryon Williams Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:37 pm
First quoted message stolen from https://boardofwisdom.com/togo/Quotes/S ... lU1AqinG70 I do not have time to waste to check the others.

(769) 206-6588
769-206-6588
Non-Fixed VoIP

e.g. Skype or Google Voice

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#379135 by kepi009 Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:26 pm
I have received these messages almost verbatim by a guy calling himself Haynes Cole, supposedly in Afghanistan. If someone can tell me how to post pix I will gladly do so
#379147 by AlanJones Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:04 am
Instructions on how to post images can be found here - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219#p12220

Please start a new topic and also include any other details, such as Email addresses, telephone numbers, etc that the scammer used.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.