Information on romance scams and scammers.
#356147 by Abby Jho Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:55 am
Greetings!
I just want to share my situation. I met a guy from a social media TAGGED, his name is Sgt. Vargas Leo, who, according to him is in a mission in Ivory Coast, Africa. We became friends until he started sending sweet messages that a woman can't resist because of sugar coated words that he used. To cut the story short, he fell in love with me and vice versa. I send photos and what he send if i ask him pictures would be his old photos in a barracks in Utah because they will not allow anybody who is in duty to take a snap of what they are doing. He is divorced with 3 kids, allegedly the reason of the divorce was his wife was impregnated by another man while he was deployed in Afghanistan. ( i read same case here in this site) . Now, he wanted to file an emergency leave and told me that i need to send an email to this address: [email protected] and he would let me use his surname Vargas and i will pretend to be his wife requesting him to have an emergency leave for a grave family problem. He is asking me to pay the leave military form wherein the amount will be sent by the personnel from the leave department. Sgt. Vargas Leo said that if his leave would be granted, he will come to visit me in Thailand where I am working, be together and plan for our wedding and refund or return my expenses. I haven't send an email yet because i want to check if this is part of a scam or not but base from what i read, truly part of the scam. I want to share his picture in this site and his email address for others to be warned. His email address [email protected].
Advertisement

#356148 by AlanJones Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:59 am
Thanks for posting. It's a definite scam. Military members do not pay for leave and the military do not communicate with real family, let alone random people off the the Internet.

The best thing for you to do now is just block him and disappear. Don't accuse him of being a scammer, he'll just try to deny it and carry on scamming you.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#356150 by Mike Wilson Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:12 am
Hello,
The only true statement to you was his location in Africa which puts out of reach of law enforcement. Posting a sample of the emails that he sent to you will help alert others to this scam.

Please post a copy of the email where he wanted you to help get emergency leave. Be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon