Information on romance scams and scammers.
#356158 by Marcus Johnson Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:48 pm
Oh this is a good one, she breaks a lot of the rules of scammers and is very convincing, but there are flaws in what she says.

First met her on SKOUT app claimed she came from Chester in the UK and came across as a normal person conversation was normal no alarm bells were ringing. Eventually she wanted to talk on Google Hangouts, so I thought why not and the conversation continued and I was really thrown by this one. In the past I have had conversations with Scammers and never fallen for there crap and normally I throw in nonsensical comments and MOST scammer just carry on with their dribble repeating past questions etc etc but this one I can say is very good commenting appropriately with every comment I left even laughing at comments. And nothing out of the ordinary, until she said she
talked about her family and just one word lept out at me and sowed the seed of doubt she said “Mom” no-one I know in the UK ever use this spelling for “Mum” unless they have lived or born in America and this girl claimed to be British born and bred. The other thing was her dad's backstory saying she was in Turkey as her dad had recently died and she has to see a lawyer out there to get her £16 million inheritance. My bullshit-o metre went off the roof, so I asked her for a video call on her phone to which she said she couldn't as the camera and screen were broken sending a pic, to which I asked her how could she take the pic of her damaged phone if it was her only phone? She claimed she had taken the pic before leaving to Turkey using her “Friends” phone

So I decided to check all her photos she sent me and all her face ones came back negative and not on any website, however the broken mobile pic she sent had 22,800,000 results hits from different websites, a lot Russian. That's when the doubt really kicked in, as she's very good very fluent in English and breaks the rule of scammers – it may not be a new thing but I've not encountered a scammer like this before. So I said did she have a laptop and she did in the UK and was happy to have a video chat with me when she got back from Turkey and my alarm bells were ringing and waited for the classic line off “I have on money can you blah blah” no nothing happened for a few days until today when she had her meeting with the “Lawyer” and when I asked her how did it go this was the reply

“Honey, i and the lawyer went to the Federal Security Agents office today...The asked me to provide some proof that he was my father, i did. But the last thing they asked was really bad, cos i don't have it.... Honey you really have to talk to my lawyer here, i told Him all about you... They said to i and my late dad lawyer that, i have to provide them a person to stand as my next of kin, that they can't issue out that much money to my name alone, that it is a large amount of money, that i need a next of kin, and that my next of kin must be my Husband, either he is here or not, i need to give them our wedding certificate and the money will be issue out immediately by there bank here. I was told that the money will be issue out to the both name on the wedding certificate, and the Husband will have 30% share from the 16 million pounds while the rest 70% will be for the wife.... But Honey, my lawyer here said he can help us with the wedding certificate thing, that you don't need to be here, he will get us an Electronic Wedding Certificate, and i will use that to get the money, and after i get the money, i will come to meet you, and we could have our real wedding done Honey.”

My response was why can't her Mum do it and was told she had conveniently died but a week ago her Mum was alive and well, and the Lawyer only wants to communicate via email.

Fake email at the ready to see what crap documentation I was going to be sent.

Here what came just an email with no lettered font or logo of any legal firm and most importantly it's all in block caps from Akinwale James at this email address [email protected]

“HELLO SIR..I AM BARRISTER JAMES FROM TURKEY,AND AM HERE TALKING TO YOU ON BEHALF OF YOUR GIRLFRIEND MISS SARAH WHO CAME DOWN HERE FOR HER LATE FATHER'S MONEY... AND I WISH TO ASK SOME FEW QUESTIONS FROM YOU FOR THE SAFETY OF MY CLIENT.. DON'T BE MAD FOR SAYING THIS.. I NEED TO DO THIS BECAUSE IT DUE TO MY PROFESSION AND VERY LEGAL TO WORK WITH.. PLEASE IF YOU GET THIS LET ME KNOW SO WE CAN HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO CHAT.. I WILL BE HERE FOR YOU ON ANYTHING BECAUSE AM ALL HERE FOR BUSINESS ... HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.. “

Checking IP Address from sender it had came from Untied States of America and not Turkey.

I replied back asking for details of his Law firm due to confidentiality and got this reply back totally disregarding my question and clearly shows it's a scam

“I AM GLAD TO HEAR BACK FROM YOU MR xxxxxxxx, AND I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH YOU DO LOVE MISS SARAH,WHEN DID YOU MEET EACH OTHER,HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TOGETHER AND WHAT PLANS DO YOU HAVE FOR HER IN FUTURE AFTER SHE ACQUIRE THE MONEY,AM ASKING YOU ALL THESES CAUSE IT Will AS IN HER FATHER'S WILL THAT SHE MUST BE A WIFE TO A MAN BEFORE SHE CAN HAVE FULL ACCESS TO THE MONEY HERE CAUSE SHE IS A VERY YOUNG LADY THAT NEED A WISE MAN”

Never heard a Lawyer ever talk like this also refused to give me his Legal Firms name – so email to the Authorities and too warn you of this Scammer Sarah John. This scammer is very clever and can be very convincing her details are

Sarah John

email: [email protected]

Sorry I can't work out how to put pics on my post if anyone could message me to give me an idiots guide to how too do it lol
Advertisement

#356278 by malu53 Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:33 pm
email address leads to a profile on Skype

Skype ID: sarah.john804
Name: sarah john